Flat Tummy Here I Come - Florida

My mini tummy tuck is scheduled for February 7. I...

My mini tummy tuck is scheduled for February 7. I am so excited, and a little anxious. I've never had any sort of surgery before, so that's where my anxiety comes from. I'm doing this because I'm a very athletic person, who looks athletic, except for my lower abdomen.

If you look at me from the side, I look like I'm 5 months pregnant! I've never had kids, nor do I plan to have any, so I get really depressed when I look at myself in the mirror. Hopefully the procedure turns out really well.

My doctor is confident that a mini tummy tuck will give me the results I am looking for. I'm a little worried about the recovery time, but my doctor assured me that I should recover fairly quickly because I'm young and athletic. I wish February 7 would hurry up and get here! :)

Mini tt was yesterday and went really well. My...

Mini tt was yesterday and went really well. My recliner is my best friend-well that and my pain meds! I can't stand up straight but I'm able to get up and move every hour. If I stand too long my back gets sore since I have to hunch over. But all in all I feel like I'm moving around pretty well and have minimal pain. They tell me I can shower tomorrow and I can hardly wait :) my husband has been very helpful in taking care of me but I try to do some things for myself which my doc said was good for me.

I hope my recovery keeps going as well! I'm supposed to go back to work next week so fingers crossed that I can stand up straight by Valentines Day :)

My recovery is going well so far. I managed to...

My recovery is going well so far. I managed to wash and dry my hair today and take a small road trip to see my father in law. I can sit in his recliner as well as mine and the change of scenery is good for me. I haven't taken any pain pills-othe than Tylenol-in 24 hours. I still can't stand up straight but I'm gettin closer. My follow up with my plastic surgeon is Monday and I can't wait to get the tape off my incision! I have minimal swelling and my bellybutton looks pretty normal still. So far so good!

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my mini tummy tuck....

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my mini tummy tuck. All in all I am very happy with the results so far! I have minimal swelling and barely any pain. I've been standing up straight since last week. In fact, I even felt well enough to go outlet shopping this last weekend. I think what made the most difference was the lymphatic massage my ps ordered. The massage therapist spent an hour last week and an hour today massaging my stomach. It really loosens it up and helps keep the swelling down. It even helped my back muscles relax! I've been back to work for a week now and it's not been bad though I do have a desk job.

Overall, I am bery happy with my results and I would do it again in a heartbeat :) It was definitely worth it!

Can't wait to hear how everything is going! 52 days til mine!
Yay!! That's awesome. I am glad everything is going well so far! And I have heard great things about that doctor... sounds like you've got the same opinion about him. Hope recovery continues to go well for you. Post pics if you get a chance ;)
Good luck!
Hey there... good luck with your upcoming surgery. Wondering which doctor you have chosen? :)
I chose Dr. Greenberg in Winter Park. Only a few hours post op but so far so good. I was very impressed with him and his staff. They all answered all my questions even when I asked the same ones over and over. Very kind and caring. We'll see how the rest of my recovery goes.

Ahh! You're almost there. So excited for you. You need to have a tummy that matches your toned body. Thank you so much for sharing your story thus far here on RealSelf and please keep us posted!