Lipo is Done!!

I had lipo on 7/5/12 and so far I am very pleased...

I had lipo on 7/5/12 and so far I am very pleased with the results. Lipo was done on inner knees, outer and inner thighs, back flanks, and banana area which is under buttocks and around the outer side of the thigh.

I am almost 2 weeks post op and cannot wait to the swelling to go down. Bruising in minimal which according to my doctor is due to him leaving the lydocaine in for almost one hour before actually performing the lipo procedure. I also had a tummy tuck and butt augmentation all at the same time. I am healing great and am looking forward to having a flat tummy for the first time in my 54 years.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer as much as I can. And yes I had all 3 procedures done at the same time, a 6 hour surgery but well worth it so far. I will submit pics soon.

3 weeks post op and the change is amazing. Still...

3 weeks post op and the change is amazing. Still some swelling but overall you can see the difference in my inner and outer thighs, hips and my inner knees.

I had my lipo done on July 5th along with a tummy...

I had my lipo done on July 5th along with a tummy tuck and butt augmentation. My bruising from my lipo is totally gone along with the majority of the swelling. I have worn my compression garment 24/7 minus bathing and I have had lymphatic massages 2 x weekly since my 2rd week post op and I feel that has made a huge difference on my healing. My lipo areas were inner and outer thighs, inner knees, hips, back flanks and banana area which is the area below the butt on the thighs. My ps used the tumenescent (spelling) procedure and left in the injected fluid for almost an hour before suctioning and he feels that this has prevented from otherwise major bruising. Maybe this also helped with the swelling, I don't know. I do know I love the results and am thrilled that I did this. My TT is awesome but is still very sore and somewhat swollen. I have no uneven areas nor do I have lumps. I am continuing my massages concentrating on my stomach and buttocks area for the next couple of weeks. I hope this helps.

Just have to share latest photo. 8/9/2012 Surgery...

Just have to share latest photo. 8/9/2012 Surgery done 7/5/12. Loving me new me!!

I had my 6 week check up and my dr called me his...

I had my 6 week check up and my dr called me his "Star Patient" lol I have been released to swim, take long baths, and being able to keep my grand babies!!! Yeah!!! I will still be wearing my compression garment for awhile but no longer have to be stuck in it 24/7. I feel great and do not have to go back for 3 months. Yeah. My body is still forming and shrinking as time goes on, another 3-6 months, very exciting. Good Luck to all!!
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thank you Dr. Mark Pinsky. I love my doctor. Dr. Pinsky is dedicated to his work and is a perfectionist. He accomplished more than I expected and I am still not fully recovered yet. I drive over 3 hours to see him and would Never let anyone else touch me. I have the utmost faith and confidence in him as one of the best skilled PS in the country.

Wow u look amazing
Thank you Blanche, I feel pretty amazing. Still have tightness and swelling in my abdomen but that will be gone in time. Ready for a new bathing suit before summer ends.
Can you tell me more about this lymphatic massage.....is it just a regular massage? what is done differently? I read somewhere that they use something similar to a breast pump? and where do they massage ? all over or just the lymph area? i'm very confused by what is done...please explain...and the cost?
Here are 2 sites that explain how lymphatic massages work and how they are done. I have found this type of massage to be very helpful in my healing. I am 6 weeks post op and saw my PS yesterday and got an excellent check up. He called me his "star patient'. lol I am still wearing my cg because of the lipo and it does help with the TT as well. I have a regular massage therapist so she is the one that also did the LM's and I had these done 2 x a week beginning my 2nd week post op. I plan to have a total of 6 weeks of massages. The touch is very superficial stimulating just beneath the skin the encourage the fluid to move through and out of your system. The cost varies depending on the massage therapist. It can range from $175 to $100 or less per session but again it all depends on your location and therapist. Read the articles and they will explain in more detail. I hope this helps and always research to learn as much as your can about your procedures and how it affects your body. Let me know if I can help further. Take Care.
I would like to know more how much your lipo on stomache was.
Paulina I had a full Tummy Tuck not lipo on my stomach.I did have lipo on my hips, inner and outer thighs, back thighs below buttocks, inner knees, and back flanks. I love the results. You can look at my pics and see the difference from before to now and I am only 6 weeks post op. Let me know if you have other questions.
My TT and Lipo were 5,300 but not in this Country
how much
Paulina are you asking how much my 3 procedures were?
Thanks so much for your replay, definitely I am going to see him, I live 30 minutes from Dr. Pinsky , you had a lipo and a lower body lifting I believe ( tummy tuck and butt augmentation ) how much was that procedure?
You are correct on the TT, lipo and butt augmentation but I did not have a lower body lift. My total costs including hospital and anesthesia was a little over $18K. This included 2 compression garments, One stage 1, and one Stage 2 and a pain pump. This included one night stay in the hospital. When you see him tell him I sent you, lol he will get a kick out of that and you will love him. Tell him Darlene B., he did my boobs and my body. He will know. Good luck and keep me posted.
Hi db4758 I love your pics, and I'm looking for a doctor I can trust...can I ask you how much did you pay for that amazing job,,,thanks.
Hello Carini, for the lipo which included upper inner and outer thighs, inner knees, hips, back flanks and banana area (area on thigh just below butt) cost was approx $5375. If you live in Florida I would definitely say go see Dr. Pinsky in Palm Beach Gardens, I love him. This price does not include hospital or anesthesia costs. I drive 3 1/2 hours to see him so he is definitely worth it. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions. Best Wishes.

How are you feeling, emotionally? I'm thinking about having lipo done and am afraid of anxiety or post-op blues. Do you feel emotionally stable? Are you really tired all the time? Thanks and congrats on good healing. :)

Emotionally I do not think I have had any problems but I have had a lot of other surgeries (not cosmetic) so I guess I am use to it. Yes I am tired but when having any major surgery and a full tummy tuck is major surgery,your body needs time to heal itself. I can do about 4 hours of minor things and then I am about done for the day. I do not work and at this point could not work while recovering. You have to make sure you know what to expect and how long it will take for a full recovery before choosing any type of surgery. I am 4 weeks post op and I am still moving slow and still have a lot of abdominal tightness. I would guess in another 4 weeks I should be a lot better. I will be wearing my compression garments for at least 3 months if not 6 so keep that in mind also. My bruising is all gone but I have been receiving lymphatic massages twice a week since 2 weeks post op which I think has helped me in my swelling and healing. As far as the lipo is concerned I am in good shape in the healing department and I would do it again.
If you have experienced anxiety or post op blues before please talk to your doctor and inform them about your experience. If there are any other questions you have feel free to ask. I love my results so far and I am still healing so I can't wait for the end results. Best Wishes.
Hi db4758...
I have been doing some research on lipo. I need to loose 40lbs. I have exercised, eat right and nothing. So, I have contacted a surgeon and they say I am not a canidate. My fat is in my legs and stomach mostly. Do u think other surgeons would do the operation? I am a size 14, I'm 5ft7in, I am 44 yrs old....sorry I probably need to contact other surgeons. I am just SOOOO frustrated!! Help! Thanks for your info. :)
I would definitely get a 2nd opinion. I was not at my ideal weight but not far off either. I weighed 122 at surgery and I am now 113. You do have to remember lipo is Really a body sculpting procedure not a fat removal procedure. Your expectations have to be real as well. If you just have saddle bags and inner thighs that rub together that should be fixable. But lipo is not done to the entire thigh or abdomen. It is done only preformed on specific areas to give better shape to your existing form. What size would you like to be? What are your visions of yourself after your procedure? Check and see if you have a Metabolic Research Center near you, this is a very effective weight loss center that does not starve you and is very aimed at long term success in a healthy way. Let's talk some more after you answer some of these questions and I will do my best to help you. My best to you and don't give up.
very encouraging...thank you....I am about your age and my shape is very much like yours...I had lipo on may 15 ...flanks, mons, bra roll (just underarm) ...had another session on july 24 on stomach although i think he did some more of my flanks...i plan on having my rear end done on oct and them my thighs in dec.....it can be quite costly so i'm hoping to get good results
Good for you and best wishes!!! It's exciting to be our age and get a 2nd chance at looking better. For me I cannot exercise due to major back problems so surgery was my only option if I was going to get this. I am very happy. Good Luck.
Thanks All. My pain is not bad, but I have had a lot of surgery for back, breast cancer, etc so I guess my pain tolerance is pretty high. I am not on any pain meds just to let you know. I am doing good and I would have to say the TT is most of the discomfort. Considering I am less than 4 weeks out I think I am doing great and so does my dr. I decided to do it all at one time vs dragging out surgeries, pain and healing over a long period of time. I am so happy with the results right now I just keep focused on being healed and how great I am going to feel about myself. LOL Keeping my mind on the prize!!!
I know you sure are brave db4758
Thank you MCA24, Don't know about brave just determined. lol

How long did you have to be off work? I have to walk up 13 steps to get to my office, so just curious what is recoup time! And are you still happy you did it?

Bama, I do not work but I would say if you have just the lipo that 2-4 weeks should do it. I know the only pain from lipo I had was my inner thighs and every time I stood up I hurt but by 4 weeks post op that has seemed to be gone. I am very happy that I did this and do not regret any of it. I am still recovering from my tummy tuck, and that will take another 4 weeks or so. Keep in mind if you have lipo if must wear a compression garment for 3-6 months. The garment helps the skin shrink to your new size and it is very important that you wear it as told. I am 4 weeks post op and wear one 24/7 minus showers. Mine is almost a full garment minus the breasts and it goes down to my calves.
Feel free to ask more questions, I am an open book. lol Best Wishes.
How long does this hardness under the skin last? My hard areas hurt to the touch.
~cin