Iris Color Change..the Real Deal? - Florida

I started Latisse as a result of using fake...

I started Latisse as a result of using fake eyelashes they pulled out my own.

I am seeing wonderful results with this product but am very concerned about iris color change. My iris color is a really pretty green/gold. The side effects say it can change iris to brown permanently.

What is the chance of my iris turning brown. I have been using product for 9 weeks?

Don't want to.

Oh my god i wanted to buy that but i wondered how it work do you put the liquid in your eye every hour, that's what i was told
I have milk-chocolate brown eyes, and after using Latisse for a month, I noticed a blue rim around my iris. I went to the eye doctor and she said, yes, that was from the Latisse. I said, no where in the literature does it state that your iris will 'lose' color...only that you might develop hyperpigmentation. Hyper means increased, and it even says "more brownish". Well, I got anything BUT more brownish pigment. I now have milk chocolate eyes, rimmed in blue...not real attractive. Have to admit, I probably would NOT have used Latisse if I had known this would happen. Lesson learned...hopefully that will help others. Did get great eye lash growth. To it's credit, it did that part very well.
I have been using latisse for a little more than 3 months, and my eyelashes are considerable longer. But I first noticed in a photo that my eyes, which have always been brown in the middle around the pupil and green on the outside, were looking darker in photos. My eyes always looked brown from a distance but close up and in photos I used to see the pretty green around the outer ring. Well, sure enough, I started looking at my eyes closely and taking photos of my irises and I hardly see the green anymore! It seems latisse has extended the brown ring around the pupil. Also, my eyes have been looking tired lately and I noticed one eye looks more sunken in because there is more of the upper lid showing. Then I found out latisse causes a loss in fat tissue around the eyes too! I'm going to stop using it immediately. Temporary long lashes are not worth a lifetime of darker brown, aged looking eyes. I really regret having used it.
I have been using latise for 5 months and have blue eyes. I do worry about Latise changing the iris color. Till now, I haven't seen any iris changes. Latise is a strong drug that for the 1st month made my eyes so itchy and irritated. Now, it is not so bad, but my eyelids have the tell-tale dark line and they have a constant tired red eye look in the conjunctiva. I have cut back my usage to only 2 or 3 applications a week for maintenance and I use only the slightest amount applied with a personal eyeliner brush. I am still on the original bottle that is supposed to be a 1 month supply! I do like the look, but feel there is more to this drug and I am on the fence about recommending it. I am cautiously continuing out of vanity. Wisdom says....be happy with who you are and your inner beauty!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I've used the product according to the instructions for 11 months and have noticed that the whites of my eyes are less clear. There is a pale brown tinge to them. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi cyber,

Well the best info I can offer is this piece in our Latisse forum about eye color change. I don't know if it will help, but you may want to check in with your eye doctor. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Britt, would you mind substituting asterisks or hyphens for some of the foul language on the site. I, for one, feels it further coarseness our society and adds little.

Any comments that are against our Community Guidelines will be removed.  If you ever see an offensive comment feel free to PM any of the Community Managers, like myself.  Thanks!

I'm not sure.......aren't blue eyes really colorless like crystals. There is no pigment in blue eyes. I was imagining this solution dying the crystals but it seems it effects only the brown/greens. However, the long eyelashes don't stay long after one stops using the Latisse. Therefore, I would not want to be attached to any product for a life time. I have short eyelashes and have never had trouble batting my "baby blues".

Hi Jeweldancer,

Not sure if you are untested in using Latisse, but here is some information about iris darkening from our expert Q&A hope if helps. And please keep me informed on whether you choose to use Latiesse or not.

Thanks for your comment,

-Britt

I have an idea. How about telling all these people to be happy with what they we're blessd with.
can anyone who actually has blue eyes and has used this product for awhile tell me if they had iris color change? mine are a clear crystal blue color and I am trying to get some facts as to if they can get the brown pigments? thanks
I've been using Latisse for a little over a year and I absolutely love it. I have fair skin and blue/green eyes, so I was a bit nervous about the possible "side-effects" of eye pigmentation change and darkening of my eyelids. Neither has happened to me. My eyes are just as blue as they have always been and I have no eyelid discoloration or ANY other negative symptoms or issues. This is a great product! My lashes are super long and much thicker and I can strongly recommend the product to anyone!
Don't use latisse turned my light bright blue green eyes to a dark green and dark green. I only used it 3 times a week fir six weeks per instructions
Curious about using this product after having laser surgery on one of my eyes. My brows are getting very thin as I age and would love to thicken them back up as well. Any advice?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I've been using it for one month with fabulous results. (actually saw results after 2 weeks! couldn't believe it) Worth every penny. My eyes are very dark brown so I don't see any color change... Although my Mom has used it and I always thought her eyes were pale brown. Last time I saw her they looked kinda pale green with a brown starburst (whatever) around the iris. It was actually very pretty. Maybe we're imagining it? Does eye color change with age? (she's late 60's) Anyway - her eyes aren't bothering her. She does have some brown discoloration on her lids, so she doesn't apply daily. My eyes were a little irritated the first day or two, but now I have no side effects - other than gloriously long bat-wing lashes. Applying it also forces me to take out my extended-wear contacts :o, so I'm giving my eyes a rest overnight too. Also use on thin ends of brows. If my lashes continue to improve, I'll be beyond thrilled.
My eyes are green hazel and as much as I'd like longer lashes the risk isn't worth it for me... I don't buy something from someone who's bed partner says is safe...LOL Why would you risk your eyes on something like this for longer lashes it's not a perm solution..I can see a cancer patient but young girls in there 20's please how much long term use datais available ...Whats the longest someone has used this.. I would imagine many are elderly and use it for 5-10 years and well,,stop... As long as there's a market they will keep selling this stuff to women... You have options stop taking risks that are not neccasary unless it's a severe problem... I'll wait for a year or ten and see if you can still see...I'm sorry but executives and pharmacuectical companies has lost there moral compass and until the FDA gets there act together I'm weary of anything that can make a buck for anyone....AND YOU SHOULD BE TOO....
Wow, interesting debate going on here. I didn't know that about blue eyes not being liable to get brown spots. I DO know that someone on another forum claimed that a patient of her's got brown pig. occurring in her blue eyes following admin. as eye drops for glaucoma. However, I only have her word to go on, that the patient previously has blue eyes. Possibly they were hazel with a lot of blue? Interesting. I wonder if that theory would hold for eyes that were a clear green...
This product when used for it's original intent and dropped INTO the eye as an eyedrop may change iris color. When applied to the lid - 1 drop per lid per night - this does not happen as proven in clinical trials. Great product by the way!

Chica, I don't know what kind of Rat you are smelling or what the hell you are sniffing...this crap has been on the market for more then six months. You need to read the public fillings with the SEC (Security and Exchange Commission), including the discussion under the heading " Risk Factor" in ALLERGAN (the maker of this crap) in their Form 10-K Sep 30,2007....AND Allergans 10- Q for the quarter ended Sep 2008. Like I said before I HAVE LONG lashes ! I wrote about my best Friend. I personally would never ever never not in my wildest shortest eyelash dreams use such a product that has not been tested and retested for at least 3 years. But hey, that's just me....(I do give a damn about my eyes and it's color and my best friend) How about that? If you want long lashes here is a tip : use blinc kiss me mascara. It's tubing not mascare, makes the lashes LONG LONG LONG. Washes off with water and soap, best stuff you could ever ever use. Try it and keep your hands off that crap latisse (EVEN if Broke shields is using it ) woooopie!!

Latisse was approved by the FDA on December 26, 2008 and was launched on March 2, 2009. Physicians couldn't even order it to sell to their patients until March (I know for certain, because I work for one and I did the ordering). You can verify this information here: http://www.aoa.org/x12180.xml Now, I obviously think Latisse is a great product, and I have had wonderful results with it (and my VERY blue eyes are still VERY blue), but I also realize it isn't for everyone. I've only had one patient change her mind, and that was because she decided it was too much work (ummmm...ok). Still, if you don't want to use it, then don't. But stick to the facts.
Hey, I got the blinc kiss me mascara at my Doc's office. you can get it on Ebay or online. Check it out, it's the only mascara I would ever ever use! Buy and try it. You'll love it. Just dont use this latisse stuff anymore....