Horrible Side Effects from Dysport - Florida

I am stuck in bed with horrible side effects from...

I am stuck in bed with horrible side effects from dysport. I received the injections 9 days ago and since then I have been hospitalized, had every test/xray/ctscan/done imaginable, iv's, iv antibiotics, relaxants, etc. The Dr's say they couldn't find anything. I couldn't talk for a day, chest pain, horrible pressure in my face and head, weakness, dizziness, vision problems, throat problems, overall feeling like I am going to die. I am going to try antioxidants/detox diet and hopefully that might take some of the pain away. I was an active healthy 30 year old, but now I feel like a vegetable. If anyone has any advise please post. I will never get any type of injection ever again!

Don't use this product

hey everyone, I am updating my last report. I had dysport Oct 9 and again Nov 1. My dizzy spells didn't start til Feb 9 so I am wondering if anyone else had that delayed reaction? Mine started with 3-5 second "whooshes" where my eyes felt like they were being pulled rapidly to the right and slowly coming back. Usually at night...My doc said sinus and gave me a steroid shot. In a couple weeks I felt better so from March 1-24 I only had 1 episode. Then on the 24th it started up at night again. Five back to back strong whooshes woke me out of my sleep. Still not during day but a lot of times in the day my head and face would feel a pressure like a whoosh was gonna come on. Then 10 days ago, I started having these episodes every 30 seconds and they last 7 to 8 seconds (not as intense but more of a feeling like my eyeballs and forehead are expanding and retracting!). I finally just decided to get off my butt and live life but I can't drive anywhere except close by so it definitely cramps my style...Had an MRI which was clear and vestibular testing which was borderline. Went to neurologist today and he still thinks BPPV (positional vertigo) but I don't have the traditional symptoms. He is starting me on some kind of patch then add phenegran if that doesn't work, then add valium! Im suppose to go on a cruise in 2 weeks...ha! That should be interesting....I am also starting PT for vertigo...I'll try anything! He is doing an EEG to rule out seizures. geez! It is really good to hear of people on the other side of this even tho it was a long journey. Again, my question is, did anyone else have such a delayed response to dysport? Mine would have been 2 months and 9 days out.
Hi , my name is Moni and I had a dysport injection 3 weeks ago I was fine till I started reading the side effects ( after taking the injection) and ever since than I have really bad anxiety attacks ! Do u think is from the toxine or I'm just driving myself crazy ?
Hi everyone, it has been a little over a year since my injections and I just wanted to update everyone... I am doing fine now but It literally changed my life. The anxiety from this is indescribable. If anyone is going through the side effects my best advice is just give it time (a long time) and things will get better. Pray a lot. Ask for help when you need it. I hope everyone recovers from this and spreads the word that women do not need injections in their faces to be beautiful. I wish I would have never gotten them, but at least I learned a wonderful life lesson, love yourself the way you are! Exercise, wear sunscreen, eat healthy and grow old gracefully, naturally.

Thank you so much for updating us. It is really good to hear you are doing fine now. If you would continue to update us every 6 months or so, it would be fantastic for others considering Dysport to hear about the longer term effects you have experienced.

I'm experiencing these same problems. I thought it was from the cold meds I was taking but from reading this I think it mist be from the dysport. Did u try and antianxiety natural remedies?

I had dysport last Tuesday, today is Sarurday. I feel off, not like myself. It feels like someone is squeezing the back of my head on the left side. I also feel lethargic, nervous and uneasy. I will NEVER do thus again! I've gotten it fine once before with no bad side effects. Can thus cause any kind of major permanent damage? I maybe want to get a cat scan but us it necessary? In your opinions do you think a toxicology test would be mire beneficial? Thsnks

If your issues are indeed from the injection, which I assume that they are...the CT scan will be normal. Of course it is always good to have things checked for any other problem that might exist...but many of us that have gone through this have had CT scans and MRIs and there is no structural damage that is done. The issues created relate to the nerves...and those problems don't show up on these tests. The toxicology test would show antibodies that have possibly formed against the toxin.
I had dysport 5 months ago and started vertigo in feb. fine for a month now back full force. How can I email some of you individually? I'm scared!
Same thing happened to me! You are going to survive although it's terrifying, hold on to the fact that you are going to make it! I have an explanation for why the symptoms go up and down in waves, feel free to inbox me, I am going to inbox you now with my phone number so that I can talk you through it :) Missie
Please check your inbox! I sent you my phone number :) I would love to help you through this! Same thing happened to me with dysport, it's terrifying, I am 3.5 years post injection and still not 100% well but I can tell you of my experience to offer comfort and maybe some answers :)
I would like to speak with u also regarding your symptoms. My name is Erin and my number is 402-871-9430
Miss missy I am 6 months post and it has been rough I would love to hear from u please
Ill call you tomorrow. I am wondering now if it is the disport cuz I called my dermo to see when I got it and it was mid Oct and Nov 1 and symptoms didn't start til Feb 9... Wondering about onset of others....
I am wondering if this ordeal has impared my ability to have children? I am amost 7 months post injection and continue to feel the horror of the spreading of this awful toxin. I am losing hope, it just never ends.
Hi Florida. This most likely NOT an allergic reaction to Dysport, but rather most likely complications resulting from the spread of the toxin and an overall adverse reaction and complication. Your symptoms are the same as mine were (I had even more)....and I WAS tested for an allergic reaction and no allergies were found. I was also tested for whether or not the toxin was found in my system, and toxology reports DID show that my body was producing antibodies against the nuerotoxin found in Dysport....so any physician or anyone else who denies that your symptoms or anyone else's similar symptoms are likely not a result of the toxin found in Dysport, or Botox for that matter, need only to READ the black box warning that is printed on the drug usage guide. Unfortunately, in most cases, patients are not made aware of the warnings of these possible effects, which are, as you are experiencing, absolutely horrifying and debilitating.

I do also think that the physicians really don't know why the spread of the toxin happens....and/or why such adverse reactions occur. However, they DO happen. Clinical trials have shown them to happen in a small percentage of people....and you will find people who have had botox injections for years without incident..and then all of a sudden they have a horrible reaction that lands them in the hospital. Clinical studies done in Italy have shown that injected neurotoxins into lab animals can enter the brain through the bloodstream...and can continue to migrate into other areas of the brain several months after injection. My point being...there is still a lot of unknown about this drug...but what is being denied and not discussed among the physicians doing these injections....is that these reactions ARE occuring in patients.

I have done a lot of research, spoken to a lot of people who have survived these effects, and have suffered through the horrific experience myself. I would caution you against trying too many detoxifying agents as any detox agent will have no effect on ridding this neurotoxin (most detox agents work on ridding metal-based toxins), and in fact, your body will be placed in an even more weakened state as it detoxs. Your body can only metabolize the neurotoxin...and in so doing, you need to provide support to your body through drinking lots of fluids, eating healthy, getting enough rest. Unfortunately there is really no much that can speed up the process....other than asking for strength and patience through prayer. :) It is possible that some other medications can help manage your symptoms...but also be careful with those as putting more drugs in your system could make them even worse.

You will be fine, in time. It will be a very scary and seeminly long process. Many of us have been through it....and we all wish at the time that we had other people on this forum available to tell us that we were going to be okay. I can tell you that you will be. I am not 100% back to normal yet after 11 months post-injection....but I am continuing to get better....so I am remaining positive that one day I will be normal again. Hang in there.
hi soloist are you feeling any better i have all these symptoms and more
Hi FLorida,

I hope you are doing better. I went through the same thing. It is a living nightmare. It gets better, but I always had that little voice in my head "What if MINE doesn't"~~ and I AM much better, so you will be too.
Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Florida, I have sent you a private messege with my phone number, sorry to report that the detox idea will only cleanse your body of metal containing toxins and not the dysport although a detox may be helpful with other things, be careful of anything that you put in your body right now as one of the dysport side effects is experiencing severe and prolonged allergic reactions to basically anything. I carry an epi pen with me where ever I go and a rescue inhaler although it does no good because the breathing difficulty is coming from weakened muscles in my throat not my lungs. Just a nightmare! Pray and be strong and call me night or day and I will talk with you and help you through this ordeal. Keep strong!

Hi florida,

Thank you for the review. I am so sorry you are having to deal with such horrible side effects. I wonder if you had an allergic reaction to Dysport, other members have mentioned that of Botox, how their bodies just reacted badly to it and doctors could not figure out why. Luckily it is not permanent and hopefully soon your body will start trying to heal itself, and hopefully the detox will help. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Thanks,