HIV Patient - Very Happy with Results - Florida, FL

I am a 53 year old male and was diagnosed with HIV...

I am a 53 year old male and was diagnosed with HIV many years ago after a 1983 blood tranfusion. I have continued to remain very healthy. With the many years of medications my face had become very sunken in the cheek area, which is common with HIV infection. My goal was not to look younger but to look healthy and I could not be more pleased with the results!

I had read some of the posts on here prior to my treatments and almost backed out. I did research on my Dermotologist and had consultations with her office prior to the treatements. I had 3 treatements with the 1st in October 2010 and the last in January 2011. Now 6 weeks after the last treatment my face looks full, smooth,and healthy. Personally I had little bruising or swelling and all was gone in about 4 to 5 days each time.

I posted here for anyone else with HIV that may be thinking about doing this. It's expensive but if you can afford it...go for it!

For my experience it gave me back the fullness in my face that I was looking for. I too did not feel or look old....I just wanted to look as healthy as I felt. I did the research on my Doctor and had a consultation with her staff prior to making the commitment. I chose a Dermatologist who was a surgeon and was trained in the Sculptra procedure. Personally I had little bruising or swelling but everyone is different. I was told not to take any aspirin products a week prior and it was suggested I take a vitamin supplement called Bromelain a few days before the procedures to help reduce bruising. Not sure if that was the reason...but I did not have much bruising at all.
I'm considering having these injections...i'm 44 years old, i've had six surgeries and as a result of these, i've lost weight (i'm 5'11" and weigh 136lbs.) especially in my face -- would this be a good procedure for someone like me? I do not feel old but i feel
washed out and could use a lift (no pun intended :0)
I had no downtown with my procedure. I scheduled all three treatments on Thursday afternoons and then worked from home on Friday. By Monday morning swelling was gone with very little bruising left....no one noticed anything. Overall I was very happy with the experience.

Hi Florida,

Working from home makes life so much easier sometimes doesn't it. ;) I'm glad it all worked out. Will you go back again when it wears off?

-Britt

Yes...absolutely I do plan to go back when needed. I've been told it may last between 1 to 2 years and a touch up would only be one treatment. I plan on keeping this up.

Great I'm glad you are so happy with this.

Hi Florida,

Welcome tot he Sculptra community. I'm really happy everything went so well for you and you are not looking healthier and probably feeling a bit better about your appearance. Did you experience any paid or downtime with your procedure? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,