My Breast Reduction Journey!!!!

I first want to give glory to God who made all...

I first want to give glory to God who made all this possible!!! But I also thank relaxed for there cares and concerns any question that I had they had an answer for.my breast reduction journey started when I was 14 years old but back in the day I was to young and it was chance that they would grow back so my child hood was a painful one I couldn't run or jump because it was to painful so I made
the pain apart of my life so after I got a God job an amazing hospital I took on there insurance which is Cigna I went to my pcp and she looked at me and said you need a reduction and she referred me to a PS and from there it was a there week process and the PS told me that he was going to handle all the insurance stuff wonton there weeks Cigna called me told me I was approved I was so shock I asked the young lady to repeat herself there times I just thank God it was all him IM currently a 50ddd hoping for a small c or d
married with three children
I wouldn't mind not having anything lol, have you seen my pic, realistically i think a c cup would be perfect, but i would settle for a d cup, i walk around all the stores now and look at bra cup sizes lol!
Congratulations, I share your pain!!! I'm sooo glad we are on this journey for a better quality of life.
LaTasha410..thank you I go for my pre OP appointment next week how far have you gotten in the process

My before photo awful!!!

I'm ready for the new me!!! I'm so ready to change me life

my photo!!!

I'm ready for a Healthy me!!!!

14 more days!!!!

I have my count down going I have 14 more days I'm so nervous just found out that it's going to take two surgeons for my surgery I'm so embarrassed!!! I'm nervous I'm two weeks away from my big day!!!

PICTURES BEWARE!!

I finally decided to put up pictures I really think mine is the biggest on this website!!! Please beware
You are very brave to have this done. It is so worth it. I saw immediate results after my surgery was over. I look more proportioned and shapely. Better than that no more pain! We are praying for you and I know that you will come through just fine. Your after pics will shock even you. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you I'm hoping that the surgery will help thank you and I will keep you guys posted!!!
Good luck and you will do great. I am 9 days post op and I am loving the new me. You will feel 100% better. Physically and emotionally

OMG!!!

I just got a phone call from my doctors office they moved my surgery day up omg!!! July 12th is the big day omg I can't believe this IM freaky out I'm so nervous!!! So I have 10 more days
Almost there. It will go just fine. Don't worry. Praying for you :)

Physical Therapy!!!

My mind is running a 1000 miles per hour I was thinking..I have been carrying this heavy load for 14 years I wonder if IM going to have to learn how to walk again
Best of luck to you!!! You'll do great! Keep us updated!

DAYS AWAY!!!

I can't believe that I'm days away from one of the biggest days of my life I have tired so hard not to think about it but that is really hard to do!!! My stomach is on edge
Do you guys know where i can get a good surgical bra please help me!!!!
Its life changing
We've all been there and the waiting is the hardest part. This is going to be the most amazing change for you. Keep coming here for questions and support, we're here for you!

6 DAYS AWAY!!!!

I'm six days away....this stage I'm in now is worrying about being put under
I'm so nervous about it...but I put my life in God hands in he didn't bring me this far to leave me!!!!
God is there for you always! He is with you and will keep you safe. I too am nervous about being put under but have to pray and keep my thoughts on God as he is the decider of our fate. I know he will not forsake us. Good luck! I am praying for you!! :)
Thank you so much for the kind words I needed that thank you so much and I pray for you as well keep in touch
Wow thank you so much for posting. This is going to change your LIFE!!! Really looking forward to hearing your updates x

4 days away!!!

This morning my shoulder was hurting so bad I'm so over this!!!!
I am 10 days post op and loving every minute. The pain is minimal. I would sign up again for this tomorrow. I love the results and relief of pain. I also prayed all the way through from decision to have surgery to when they wheeled me in to the operating room. God is good, and will not leave you. You will feel that sense of peace. Keep us posted!

My Pre OP!!!

I went to my pre OP appointment today and now it's feeling all so real I went to buy my surgery bras...I cried tears of joy because today was the first time I was able to buy a bra from Walmart...I'm so happy I have THREE MORE DAYS!!!!
Hey girlie, its almost time!!!! Not counting today you one more day with the twins!!! I know you are sooooo excited and I'm sure nerves are kicking in! You've made it this far and you literally hours!!! Keep in touch along the way!
Please be praying for me I had some issues with my blood work on yesterday I'm praying to good that things work out I know he didn't bring me this far to leave me!!
You go girl! Good for you to take this step and to be so brave! I am so excited for you and know this will be a wonderful blessing for you! I'm 20 days post op and haven't looked back since! As soon as you wake up, you'll feel the difference and every minute from there you'll be improving. Sending lots of prayers, warm thoughts and hugs your way! :)

GOD IS GOOD!!!

I JUST WANT TO THANK GOD FOR BEING GOD HE STOOD UP IN THE MIST OF MY SITUATION THANK YOU GOD....1 DAY AWAY FROM MY MAJOR CHANGE!!!!
Can't wait to read about how it went! You're in my prayers!
I'm praying for you girlfriend, can't wait to see your update, take it easy, here's to a happy speedy recovery and an overall better quality of life!!!! I'm so anxious for your update, i feel like i really know you!
Praying for you :-)

I MADE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!

I made it to the other side I'm one day post OP and I feel amazing I felt instant relief no more shoulder pain our back pain I'm just ready for the healing to began...after pictures coming soon
Congrats! Can't wait to hear how you're doing!
Congrats! I'm 9 days post op! Take it easy!!!
Congrats :) welcome to the other side! Happy recovering and take it easy.

Drains Removed Today!!!

I head my drains removed today I took my pain medicine right before the appointment I didn't feel anything my doctor told me I'm doing amazing 8 pounds was removed from each breast!!!
You look wonderful. You should be so proud of yourself. What a difference. I wish you nothing but the best. Please rest and relax. It only gets better from here on.
Wow! I cannot imagine what you must have felt like before the breast reduction. 16 pounds is a lot of weight off your shoulders. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Congrats you must be so happy and lighter :-) :-) lots of rest now.

Shower!!!

I'm so scared to shower omg!!!

Five Days Post OP!!!!

I'm so ready to heal up I'm feeling Lonely my husband had to go back to work...no one told me that the healing process takes forever...lol
Hey it takes a good while to totally heal up. Plese remember you had major surgery. My ps told me not to take this procedure lightly and i did not. Get your rest and take really good care of yourself. You deserve it and it is ok to feel a little blue at times
Congrats! You look awesome!
Healing takes awhile, Im just now starting to feel like myself again, everyone seems to be different. Just rest as much as you can while you can, it's good for your healing. Congrats on getting the surgery!

Ready To Share!!

Haaaaaay. I was thinkn about you wondering how u were doing. How do u feel...whats ur size now..looks like u kept them big still but im sure its less weight on ur back...soo happy for youuuuuu.... Did they twll u about the nipple area? Whats gonna happen? It freeked me out when i went thru it. I wasnt rready for it. Hahaha. But its fine now...
Don't over do it...it's easy to do and it will set you back. It really does take 4-6 weeks assuming you don't have any significant issues...take care! You look awesome...Yes, God is truly great!
They look great! Can I ask what type of breast reduction procedure you had? I'm curious because it doesn't appear that you have a lot of incisions other than around your nipple. I have incisions vertically down from each nipple, under each breasts and those incisions reach back towards underneath my armpits. Just curious! Happy healing!

Photo

Hey lady, so overall how are you feeling physically?
Hey!!! I'm ok I can do alot of easy things but you will need help the first few days I'm finally not taking a pain pill around the clock but I promise you you will get threw it...will you get help when you come home from the hospital
You really look great! I'm so happy to see you looking so much better and comfortable. Is this the final size you are staying with or are you considering secondary surgery? I'm impressed you were able to have 8 pounds removed from each breast. That seems unreal!! Happy healing :)

Sutures Removed Today!!!

I got my sutures removed today and I must say that it didn't hurt I'm happy I feel better now that they are removed...on my way to a happy healing
That's an incredible change- you must be so happy. :)
Yes I'm very happy very day I see a new change in my Breast
Yes i was cut like that as well..ur gonna luuuuuuv ittt. Im sure u do already

Break Down!!!!

I had a break down moment today my husband took me to get a few things today and every thing was fitting like it did before I tired on my old bra it was fitting it was a little big I'm so freaking out here
I am contemplating breast reduction and reading about you and the nerves you sound like what I am going through right now. I am still freaking out and praying at the same time for God to help me chose the right surgeon. Wishing you a very quick recovery.
I mean it's the best thing I have ever done I'm just having one of those days
One of those days like what tho? Explain. Because whn i had mines done its been bliss ever since. Only time i freeked was when my skin fell off on the nipple. I thought i wasnt gonna hv a nipple anymore. But other than that. My clothes fit soooo goood. Id do it all over again. Its been 2 months for me. Yayyy. Glad ur happy with it still tho. Thats what matters sister.

Serious Question!!

I'm I able to go a few hours without the surgical bra on to let my new girls air....help me please
I've hard about others who did it before and were none the worse for it. I think that the worst that could happen would be that they could swell more. Some surgeons even postpone the surgical bra for about a week or two, and just cover the area in something akin to bubble wrap, so I suspect it won't hurt the girls.
I was told to only take it off while im showering or while im cleaning my incisions. Im 2 weeks post op and just got cleared to where regular sports bras (without underwire).
Thank you I called my doctor and he told me to never go without it until showertime

A Little Worried!!!

This morning I was cleaning my inscsions in I have a area that is not healing has well has the areas..I'm a little worried
My doc has advise me to let the girls breath, the air has help tremendously In my healing process. I usually laid on the bed and used my iPad or took a nap and let the boobs breath
Thank you do much!!
Type o thank you so much

Two weeks post OP!!

Went to my PS today he is so amazing I really love him and his wife he told me the whitish area was normal he put some type of stuff on it in it turn the color of my skin I'm happy about that I also asked him why are my breast still so full he had to remind me that my breast was so large in he wanted to keep the circulation in I didn't want my nipple grafted in I'm still swollen alot I'm happy I'm not having any back pain out shoulder pain anymore on my way to a happy healing
Wow, you look great, your results are great. Give yourself time, it's a big adjustment I'm sure. I'm happy for you and will pray for your continued health!
Good for you, so glad to hear you are doing so well. Take it easy and enjoy being on the small side

Two Week Photo!!

Talk to my PS today he said that I'm still very swollen he said that I'm going to end up a very full d or a small DD..I wasn't very happy to here that but I had to think it is way better than a 50ddd I'm happy I can't complain
I see you miss gorgeous thang, you look good, i can't wait to post pics, i just got unwrapped yesterday and im in love!!! Talk to you soon!!! I will update today, be on the lookout! Happy healing!!!!
Thank you so much I'm so ready to see your update...I'm so happy they are so much better than before my PS said I can have a second BR within a year but I'm ok with what I have!!! Get well hun cyber hug
Hey my zebradiva, hope you're enjoying your day, i posted some pics and i wanted you to check them out. Happy healing!!!

Before And After Photo!!!

New Update

I'm 3 weeks and 3 days out of surgery I had a major bump in the road I had An area to open up the size of an half dollar the PS says it's normal with huge reduction I didn't settle for that so I went to or local wound care center so now I'm going for wound care so I'm going to be posting photos of my healing so it can help someone in the future...other than that I'm doing great I've lost 30 pounds in three weeks I'm so happy in the more weight I lose the more my breast go down.when had surgery I bought a size 48 sports bra then I went down to a 46 in the other day I had to go buy a 44 I'm do happy with the changes my body is going threw I want to lose 50 more pds...other than the wound care I'm doing ok...BEWARE OF THE PHOTOS
Congrats on the weight lose!! That dress is so cute, I know it feels good, ive never worn a dress because of the girls, so i know that's an awesome feeling. Did your doc say what caused the wound, I'm so afraid of something like that happening to me especially since everything has been going so smooth. I pray for a speedy healing for you!
Thank you bud I know right my healing was going so good but don't let that scare you your ok my doctor say the incision came apart the sutures was removed to soon in that area...but you look great happy healing hun

Question!!

I have a question I'm I the only one that is happening to..when I'm laying in bed and when I get up to walk my breast are so sore is this normal anyone else feel this?
You are doing great! I am so happy for you!! You are smart to go to wound care right away. It's way better to be proactive instead of waiting. I can't believe you lost 30 pounds already! That is awesome! Keep up the good work!! :) xoxo
Well done on losing so much weight! I have to be honest, I could have cried for you when I saw your before picture, there must have been terrible pain from your breasts. Mine are nowhere near as big and I get back ache, grooved shoulders and a rash in the hot weather, as for nice bras, forget it! You have such a change now, you look so good! I hope your wound heals quickly, you certainly had someone watching over you and helping you along. Thank Goodness you went for wound care. Bless you and prayers for continued healing.

4 Weeks Post OP!!! one whole month!!!

Is so amazing how my life had changed in just a month I'm four weeks out in I'm feeling great I went to my first wound care appt today in that told me to keep doing what I'm doing that it looks good than he comes back in the room in tell me he thinks I need a wound vac it's this thing like a vacuum for a wound in I'm looking at him like what are you serious so I had an appt with my PS today has well in he was mad at me he told me that wound care center are dirty in that he didn't want me in that environment so I asked him what's going to happen to my wound he told me that I'm healing in that it looks good he told me I'm also able to wear a normal bra that was some awesome news I'm able to go back to work next week...I also asked him about the size of my breast he said I have to keep telling you that they are still so full because I didn't want my nipple grafted so I'm learning to deal with what I have I'm happy they aren't what that where

Four Week Continued!!!

I'm learning to deal with what I have.he told me in a year if I want I can under go another surgery...no sir I'm happy I've never been able to wear a dress without a bra in I'm able to now I'm ok I'm able to wear nice lingerie for my husband I'm really happy!!! I know the wound is healing because it's not painful anymore in it's not draining I was told to clean it twice a day with the gold dial soap and iodine well I will update my first day back at work....happy healing every one......(plz excuse miss spelled words)

Sexy!!!

I must say before my surgery I loved myself but boy now I feel on top of the world I feel sexy I wore my first sexy gown for my husband last night in we have been married for seven years in I have never wore lingerie I felt so sexy...I'm wearing bra less dresses in shirts stuff that I would just over look before surgery...I went bra shopping for the first time I bought a bra that was on sale for 5 dollars IM now able to wear matching bra and panties I've never owned a colored bra now I have pink ones and blue in green IM so happy best thing I have ever done!!!!!
Aww, that's awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
I'm so happy for you! So, so exciting! What a blessing ;)
You sound so elated. Its crazy how something like a cute bra or a shirt you always wanted makes a huge difference. I'm so so happy for you!! Keep up the great progress. I return to work on the 26th and am a little nervous about driving and how a whole day will be...keep us posted :)

Another Before And After!!!

This is a size large dress you can see It was so awful before!!!
Were you a 50DDD before or after the reduction? I'm also a DDD but mine aren't as big. Glad you crossed over to the other side. The girls are looking great. Happy healing!
Edit the cup size you had pre-op because you were way bigger than DDD just for accurateness of procedure.
You look fabulous! I am so happy for you! That dress looks really pretty :) hugs