Going to Be 60, ::)) Breast Lift and Replace Implants - Florida

I am almost 60 and pride myself on not looking it,...

I am almost 60 and pride myself on not looking it, but lets face it gravity has not been kind. I went to ps to discuss replacing 30 year old implants but was of course told I needed a lift as well. After digesting the time off work, the recovery and lifting restraints as well as the $$$ I decided I'm worth it! I Love chatting and getting ideas from everyone here. I know everyone has a different experience but it helps to know someone who has first hand experience.

One week post…

This is the hardest part waiting to see if it is going to turn out right… A review, I had old (30 years) implants taken out which were leaking, he had to spend some time getting the capsule out and had new gel put above muscle again (due to complication no under muscle), and a BL. He said he put 400 cc in right (smaller) and i think he said 325 in left. I feel a have a lot more cleavage but no projection ?? flat around nipple… I do not know what my previous implants were. I am going to try to post some pictures so I am open to anyones advice. I see my ps again monday.

Hello Chanel1, I just wanted to stop in & let u know that I'm thinking about u! Thank u so much for sharing & I know you're really going to encourage other women who are looking at having implant revision! I look forward to see how your journey progresses & I hope you end up having the projection that u are wanting! Xoxoxoxox all my best
Thank you Miss excited flower. I will see my ps tomorrow and update further. Hanging in there!!!
You're welcome Chanel1, I'm glad you're hanging in here. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes... I hope u have a Beautiful day :) xoxoxo
I went to ps today and he said all is looking good. He said he did a lot of extra work on left side including stitching internally to improve cleavage. If you look at my before pics you can see the difference in size. He said the gel from the old implants had leaked out quite a bit so the trauma to breast at surgery is quite a bit. Of course as those things go it did look better today. I feel much better. He gave me scar cream and I can start massaging… Thanks for all your support I guess I just panic easily :)
Hi Chanel1again. Yours look similar to the way mine are, if you look at my photos. I'm hoping as the weeks go on they stop looking square and start rounding off. I also was cut under the breast line as well, like an anchor lift. Your only Day 7 so they still have a lot of healing to do, give it time and they will improve.
I'm glad u were able to get those drains out! I honestly think your selfies aren't that bad at all! :) I hope u are feeling better everyday :) thank u do much for your update. I really like what u said about when u feel discouraged you look at your before pictures. That'd exactly what I do & it helps so much.... wishing u the best recovery & I hope your new breasts are everything u want them to be!
Thank you!
Chanel1, you're welcome I wanted to let you know that I'm so encouraged by your story! I'm 40 yrs old, this is my first BA & I had to have a major anchor lift. I'm in surgical menopausa & had ovarian cancer over a decade ago. I really appreciate the wisdom you have to share. I look forward to seeing how well you heal :)
How did your surgery go yesterday? Hope you are resting and well!
Well good and bad, both old implants were ruptured but stayed within capsule so that is the good news , muscle was stuck to my ribs and it would have compromised it to go under the muscle so he had to go over :( That was one of there reasons I wanted to replace but thats my fault for waiting so long. I also have drains and can't get them out till tues (holiday mon) He said he put 400cc in smaller right side and I think 350 on the other.. sorry still on pain meds so I can't remember what he said :) I'm not sure what they should look like now because they seem squished in to bra… I will know more tues. As far as pain well I expected it, nothing I can't handle. Hope to switch to advil soon. Thanks for asking.
I'm so glad he was able to get all of that old Silicone out of there! I will keep you in my prayers, I'm sorry that your muscles were all stuck together love! I'm so glad he was able to clean you out. I'm glad u have drains even though I'm sure they don't feel good( hopefully they will help with the swelling). I hope they turn out beautiful & that you're able to rest & feel better soon! My thoughts & prayers are with you ....May you have a speedy recovery & wonderful results. Xoxoxoxo
Thank you excitedflower, I know it was for the best but I was really hoping for under the muscle… especially for mammogram purposes… but it is what it is… thanks for the support it is appreciated.
I have unders to, I wish he could of gotten them under for you! Your very welcome, it's my pleasure :)
Glad you're okay and done with your surgery. Did your doctor say that waiting to replace the old implants for so long, caused the muscle to stick to your ribs? How long ago do you think you should have replaced them? Were they saline or silicone? I think it's great they lasted 30 years! Take it easy and be sure to update your review when you're feeling up to it!
Thanks Beth to answer your questions... I had gel implants previously and also now. My ps did warn me that after having implants for so long this can happen as they push down on the muscle (I had above muscle previously so maybe this is not the case if u have beneath? I really had no reason to replace until a couple years ago. I know when it started getting gradually worse and it was a couple month after a previous mammogram. (When u go above muscle it is harder to see tissue so they do quite an aggressive amount of pulling and compressing :(. ). I don't think there is a set rule on when to have them exchanged. To be honest at almost 60 I was resigned to be stuck with the sag until I saw a show on TV All in this was all in $14,000 (hospital fee and anesthesiologist meds etc. I guess I paid more than most but he has a good rep I'm chilling out this week. No pain after second day and drain out today They kind of feel smaller but perky with more cleavage and smaller areola. Love the support on this site :)
Hi Chanel1. I had the same op as you. Mine where 20yr old implants that had capsulated. They where 240mls saline. I thought my old ones where behind the muscle but after surgery my doctor said they where in front. I now have 150mls Saline in front again as he said to complicated to do under. He did say that if u do chest exercises like push ups they better in front. I'm 6 weeks post op now. Hope all goes well for you.
Hi Robyn being 6 days out I'm dealing with frankenboob and some puckering. How long before u looked normal? You didn't say. But are u happy with your result?
I feel I'm still going through recovery stage still. The pain after op didn't bother me at all. Only had pain killers and sleeping tabs at night to get a good sleep for a week. I had drains in for 8 days as I drained quite a bit. More on the left than the right. Have pains on the left side mostly. Right one is fabulous. Last week I had my left one aspirated and Dr took 60mls, and it felt better. Not sure if the left is just very sensitive or ?? but Dr feels they are good and no signs of any problems. Staff are very supportive with my queries. Planning on going back to boot camp tomorrow morning with a very supportive sports bra. They do look fabulous in a normal bra now. Took a few weeks for the swelling and bruising to go.
I guess healing can take longer to heal with the triple whammy ( take out old and capsule, put it new, evidently my ps tried a couple sizes, and bl). I had drains too for 5 days. I was glad to see those go. I also did not have much pain I only took pain meds that night and next day and like you I have been taking a sleep med cuz it is so uncomfortable to sleep. Did you have to wear the band on top part of chest? I'm not sure what's it is for cuz I forgot to ask last time. I don't see him again till Monday. I'm glad you love the look I can't wait to feel that way. When I get discouraged I look at my before pics. :). Thanks for your support
Yes so true about the triple whammy and I tend to forget when reading most ladies experiances that they have not had them removed and capsule cut out. It's would be quiet obvious that our recovery would take alot longer. I go back to my surgeon on Monday for follow up. I'm not sure what you meant about wearing the band. Since I had my full dressings taken off on Day 3, I was put into a surgical bra that clips down the front as well as opens at the back. I also wear a very supportive sports bra the other days when I'm washing the surgical one. Hope your recovery is going well :)
I go back monday too !!! so we will have to exchange what info we get from them. I am doing better thank you, still going through the why is this side flatter and this one seems bigger stage… I know from all I read on here that I just have to wait and see. It is nice to get peers opinions though as picking dr. is kind of like a guessing game.. of course you research and find no bad reviews, you look at their before and afters, of course they would only show their best work, and you hope for the best. The band I am referring too is just a 3 inch velcro adjustable stretch band which i have to wear over the bra you mention.
ps i tried to add pictures to my review, I'm not totally computer literate with things like that :) and I take awful selfless!
selfies, stupid spell check.
I have read many breast implant revision reviews and have not heard of this regarding the muscle sticking after many years. Thank you for teaching me something new! I suppose getting an MRI instead of a mammogram in the future is rather costly? Glad you had the drains, especially with all the work you had done. Take it easy and keep us posted as you continue to heal!
Leave it to me to have a weird complication. Probably not many people replacing after that long. I heard of a new mammogram called hers an.com I haven't checked it out yet. I think $125.00. That would be worth it. No compression or radiation