Bye Bye Gummie Bears, Hello ME - Florida, FL

I have never felt like myself with my implants...

I have never felt like myself with my implants (mentor 275cc silicone "gummie bear") and am sooooo excited that today I have finalized all of the paperwork on their removal! This website has been so helpful to me in providing information, support, and courage.

I am 45 and have had implants since I was 37. Naturally I was a 34 medium B. After my child my weight was lower than before and I had considerably less breast tissue, making me asmall 34B. I thought, why keep wearing all of these padded bras when I can just get implants? DUMB. It was a tough time in my marriage and we both thought, big boobs, yes! Even bumber. With implants I'm a medium/full C. I will be very happy to be a small B again.

The problem is I have never felt like they were mine and I've hated any attention they have ever brought. I don't wear tight shirts or plunging necklines, and the fine ballerina's posture I was trained to have is often hiding, with shoulders slumped to keep the boobs in. I am 5'7'' and 125 and very active. I love yoga and it has brought me so much joy over the years but I feel so self-conscious as my big, hard boobs stick off my rib cage during most of the poses. I want to lay on my yoga mat without two little cantaloupes between us!

I naturally am more of a booty girl and my chest is thin and flat, with my ribs showing. I never felt the implants looked like they could even remotely have come with a figure like mine. They also made me feel like I looked heavier in clothes and I have a hard time finding tops that actually fit my shoulders and waist but that don't pop open or pull across the bust line, with the alternate larger size looking baggy and frumpy. Total mismatch here!

I am getting explanted with no lift. I'm fine with sagging, I'm older and have had a kid. I've had some cc on the right side that is definitely getting worse with time, making my implants look harder and squished up, moving up my chest and not hanging down naturally.

My husband has been super supportive, "I just want you to be happy." But I am a little worried I won't feel so hot with my bra off. We'll see. I'm happy to buy new, cute, lacy bras that look great on small boobs.

It's three weeks until my procedure. I'm going back to my same PS as I trust him very much and felt the office treated me professionally and with great care.

Thanks to all of you who have posted your stories before me. It has been such a huge help.
--Naturalnamaste

Feeling good about my decision

Thank you Hlp105, littlehugger883, and Nicole N for the welcome. Each day that I get closer to my explant I know this is the right decision for me. I pride myself on being honest and real and I know my implants are not part of that story. I'm not against implants or doing anything else that makes one feel good about oneself, I just know they don't fit my body and lifestyle and I will feel better when they are gone.

I actually have had two sets, first time asking for a C and getting a D. Disastrous though very sexy! I had them reduced but still, just not right for me. This website has really helped me navigate the route to take: "Lift?", "What kind of lift?", "Smaller implants?", "Fat injections?" It got very overwhelming before I found this site. Now I know I can just get them taken out and will happily (hopefully!) deal with what's left.

Thank you for the support and sharing,
NN

"What happened to Mommy's boobies?" Has Anyone Had to Explain to Their Little Girl?

I have a 10 year old who sees me naked plenty and, as she is now a "tween", probably way more than she'd like! We have often showered together over the years and she's used to "mommy's big boobies". It's funny because when she was six she actually told my mother, "my mommy's boobies are much bigger than yours!" Awful!!! :$

I am going to stay at my sister's for surgery and few days of recovery before I will be home. There will clearly be a difference in my boobs the next time she sees me naked. I am totally perplexed about what, if anything, to tell her. She's so innocent and honest and I know she will be really confused about why I would ever get implants in the first place. She doesn't even know what implants are!

Perhaps I should wait and make something up? Mommy lost some weight (in her breast only...?) On the flip side I feel so much better being able to show her the real me. She is petite and athletic with zero body fat and I expect she will have nice but very small breasts when she matures. I've always felt like a charlatan with her seeing mine and expecting she would be a C too when she grows up.

Any stories to share are much appreciated lovely ladies,
NN

Two weeks from today my shirts will start fitting properly!

Two days til surgery and in need of post-op bra suggestions!

Hello lovely ladies. I haven't been able to log on for some time. Super busy with per-op doctors appts and blood work, including my first EKG! ( a must do for my doctor if you're over 45....wahhhh,) and wrapping things up at work, getting our daughter home from camp and ready for school, marathon laundry and grocery shopping so I don't feel awful leaving my family for 12 days. I'm on my layover en route to my sister's in Miami for my procedure on Thursday.

Yesterday I went to Target, TJMaxx and Khol's in search of a zip front compression bra with no luck. Tomorrow is my only day to shop. Any suggestions on a great post-op easy to put on compression bra?

On a side note I had to go to a chiropractor last week with serious pain from out of place ribs. He snapped me back together but god was I in pain before! I think I've totally whacked my posture from both trying to stand up tall whilst shrugging my shoulders forward to hide my boobs. I know I feel their weight in my neck always and can't wait to have it "off my chest!"

Promise to update more now that ex-planting is my full time job!

Tomorrow is the day!

I went to my pre-op and all is set for surgery at 6 am! Yikes, means I have to be there at 5:30 but at least it will be over before most people wake up. My PS is a bit concerned with how much sagging I might have. Ughhh, we'll see... I am only having local so I hope to not feel so disoriented tomorrow.

I must say it's a little unnerving to be going breast implant free in Miami where it seems nearly every woman has them. I am just reminding myself that being an authentic me is where I feel best. At lunch today my girlfriends talked about how great it will be for me to be able to wear tank tops and be "waif like." They said maybe I'll start a trend, lol!

More soon and thanks for your support!

Implants are out and I feel great!

Everything went really well this morning without complications. My capsules are still in and the doctor was very pleased with how they look! I took one pain pill this morning and had a very nice nap. Think I will take one at bedtime but for now am feeling amazingly well! My sister has been an ANGEL and made me homemade chicken soup. My own Florence Nightengale :)

Posting a pic here. Wow does it feel good to have those hard balls out of me!

As ever, thank you sweet ladies,

Day 2 and so happy

Hi everyone. Just a quick update to say yay, they're out! The recovery is soo much easier than when the implants go in. I am not going to use the pain meds anymore, just Tylenol if I need it. My implants were 275cc memory gel, which I figure weighed a pound and a half or so. That doesn't sound like much but wow what a difference in my neck and chest and back! I no longer gave that tight feeling on my chest and that tightness in between my shoulder blades that I had always chalked up to stress and age. Happy!

New bra, size small ????

I am wearing a new bra, gift from a friend, and it is a wireless size small! Feels so great. My bandages come off today and stitches come out Friday. I bought a new blazer yesterday, also size small. With the old boobs I had to buy a medium to close the front.. I really wish I would have done this years ago. I'm so thankful for RealSelf and the women here showing me how it was all possible.

Very happy post op but housework is hard!

I am healing well and so so pleased with results. To commemorate I bought a dish with a portrait of a woman from c. 1900 with breast that are undeniably real and wonderful.
I've made it my new profile pic:) I am back home and will admit housework is hard. It was much easier with my sister taking care of me! I am too much of a clean freak so it's my own fault. Reminding myself to rest and the laundry can wait!

13 Days Post Op

Here are pictures 13 days post-op. Incision marks are still red and bumpy but overall I have no complaints. I went for a 45 minute walk today to try and get some exercise but took it very slowly. I get tired more easily and definitely don't want to do any bouncy type activity. My PS recommend not wearing compression/sports bras as he thinks they restrict blood flow and thus impede healing. Still super happy with my decision!!!

3 1/2 weeks post ex-plant and the mostly ups and a few downs

Hello lovelies,

I haven't been able to write in longer than I'd like. Full time job, family, and reality make it hard to check in. That said, thank you for your continued kind feedback and I'm so happy to have connected with some women who are just in the planning stages.

I've had a couple of evenings when I'm trying to get ready to go out or have guests over and I literally change clothes 3 or 4 times. This is not me. I can usually get dressed in 3 minutes. I have realized I have spent the last 8 years dressing around my boobs, mostly to hide them, and now it's totally different! I've put on some outfits that I have always relied on and felt really dumpy. I am not going to buy a whole new wardrobe, totally not needed. I just need to re-learn how to dress to my natural figure. When I get it right I feel slim and strong and fantastic!

Am also three days late on my period which never happens. My belly has been sticking out since the surgery. I think the combo of pain killers and antibiotics has my system way off, even though I'm taking probiotics every day now. No way around it, surgery is a trauma to the body.

Still, all that said, I am so thankful and relaxed that I've explanted.

I went to my first post-op yoga class and was fierce and proud in my tank top!

natural and namaste to all!

Feeling so happy one month plus post op

I have been back in the "full swing" of life for a couple of weeks and am sadly not able to check in on all the wonderful women here as much as I'd like. I just told another gal on the site my surgery and recovery felt like a vacation, lol.

I am healing well and my scars are getting less and less noticeable. I think my breasts have settled and I'm back to a 34B. So glad for this. I think leaving the capsules in definitely helps keep volume so if you can do that I would recommend it.

Here is a picture of me in a favorite new blouse. It fits perfectly and doesn't pull at the buttons. I feel like my chest area looks normal for my shape again. I never was meant to be a big breasted woman and am totally happy being little me again!
Dr. Leonard Roudner

Dr. Roudner is a complete professional and his specialty is breasts. His staff is amazing and the facility is impeccable. I highly recommend him!

Thanks for the positive encouragement and for sharing with all of us. You look amazing!!
You look great! Isn't is a wonderful feeling? So glad I can wear my normal shirt size!!
I just have to say it again. I'm so happy for you! I wish I would have enough breast tissue for a result like yours!!!
You're results are excellent, how inspiring! Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you Goddess. Natural has been very good so far :)
mmmeeeeeeee too, my tummy hasn't been right since! Your doing yoga already? Dang! I don't feel like I'm quite there yet, i still get pain if I try to lift something to heavy or brace myself up with my arms. I did go for a walk on Monday and felt great. I decided to go on one again yesterday and decided to try and do it a little speedier (if thats a word)..and now my left boob has been hurting today...guess I took it to fast for my body. Oh well, at least I'm able to sleep on my side now without any pain at all :) I thought about going close shopping too but my tummy is still super bloated. Im having the worst time with regularity. I think Im going to have to go to the Dr.'s soon anyway because the last 3 times I have been able to go I noticed a little blood. Im not sure if its from the laxatives I was using in the previous weeks or what...I was hoping to see if next time if it was the same, and if so i'll call my doc...
I went thru the same thing as far as being regular.....no exercise for me yet. I overdid it at week 5 and now have fluid buildup in 1 breast and had it drained yesterday. Hav to go back Monday to make sure more fluid hasn't accumulated. Dont overdo it!!
what?!?!?!?! I had no idea that could happen at 5 weeks.... geezzzzz.... I will take your word for it.. no overdoing it for me.... how do they have to drain it?
I know; it usually happens earlier like in first few weeks. He had to numb with a shot (lidocaine + epinephrine) and then aspirate with a needle. So yes please dont overdo it!!!!
Hi crys, Sorry for the delay. I have been so busy with work, etc. almost makes those two weeks of surgery and recovery look like a vacation! I hope your tummy has settled down. Mine finally felt normal last week, one month post-op. You might have developed a little hemorrhoid from the constipation which can make blood appear. I had them for years and actually got them worked on in the spring. No picnic! But if you get regular again and haven't had them before they should go away with time. I have done yoga four times and it has been amazing but I'm definitely listening to my body. It is such a joy in my life and I feel so free now that I can twist my arms across my chest with nothing in the way and can lay flat on my mat I'm afraid I'm a bit over excited about rejoining my classes! But I've been well and only feel a little sharp flash of pain now and again. Every three days or so I see a big improvement. I hope you are feeling great!
Hang in there! I was bloated for a few weeks after surgery as well. Drink lots of fluid and eat well. The "finding" of the right outfit is still a challenge for me too! I'm still in sports bra....had a seroma in right breast so it's set me back a few weeks getting into a "real bra"!
I felt the same too. All these years I've dressed around the boobs and trying to hide, in the first few weeks post-op, I felt like I was all lost at sea! Like a teenager trying to figure out what looks best on me. I wasn't used to 'not having a clue' lol. Once I was able to get out the post-op 'flattening' bra, I felt differently and was able to find clothes I felt good in. I'm still on that journey as I bet these boobs will continue to change and develop...I hope! Lol. I think its all re-discovery. You look fab. There's so many of us here who had the bloated tummy. It does settle down. Mine was a good few weeks after, could be as much as a month until it started deflating back.x
Yes, one month plus post op and I've finally figured out how to dress for my real body! It was hard at first and I really was worried people I'm not that close with would notice right away but happily I've only received a few "have you lost a little weight?" comments so yay!
Wow! You look amazing!! Great results!!
Thank you and you too. I hope your healing continues to go well. I read you are a chef. Be careful lifting! I really notice anything having to do with pec muscles is difficult. And lol about spelling and mistakes! I cringe every time I re-read one of my posts and there is a mistake!! So silly but yes, I'd love to be able to edit afterwards.
you look fabulous! thank you for sharing your story. I would love to explant my 320cc saline implants and your story gives me inspiration.
Hi 2bt, Thank you so much. After one child and two sets of implants over 8 years plus being 45 I had no idea they would come out so well. I really thought once I had implants I would just have to have them my whole life as my natural breasts could never recover. Not true! Good luck to you and I am so happy I have helped a little. There were many women before me here who did the same for me.
You're looking fantastic! Love your lace bra. I must find one :o) My ps said the same about restricting blood flow. He said its good to give them space to breath x
Hi RoseyJ! Bra is by Cosabella. Very comfortable and holds them up nicely without squeezing or underwires. I have worn an underwire bra since and it hurts a bit so I'm sticking with the soft bras mostly. Thanks and hope you are doing great!!xo
I'm doing ok thanks hun. Cheers for the bra info. I shall look them up. They look gorgeous on you. I bought an underwired bra. There should be a photo on my profile. Its by Ameona, a masectomy brand. Those brands are great coz their wires are very well padded. I don't feel them. And sometimes the wires fit a wee bit lower so they're not on my scars. The bra I have is called Lea x
You look great!
You are looking so awesome!!!! I'm having boobie envy, lol. Its so hard not to want to do housework, lol. I thought about going for a walk too, but I am so worried about the jiggle, it hurts. I am still pretty sore, I wasn't sure if that was normal. Are you still feeling a lot of soreness?????
You look great! Hard to say no to the housework but please do....I pulled a muscle and its not fun!
Thanks Hlp! After a couple of hours my first morning home I was exhausted and my husband said, "are you crazy? Sit down!" So I did and also went to bed very early last night. That vacuum is calling me but I'm ignoring it :)
Lol I hear ya but it will still be waiting for you in a few weeks! My hubby ran the vacuum a time or two and I actually was relieved! Hang in there, rest well and keep me posted on your recovery!