Chin Implant - Florida, FL

I have always disliked how my chin melts right...

I have always disliked how my chin melts right into my neck. Originally I went to my ps for alittle botox and casually inquired about my chin. Surgeon said, sure we can put a small or med implant in with alittle lipo to define chin area. Boom!!! . quote given.. i was so anxious and quickly put deposit for a march date..

As the pre op apt came quickly approaching I had many questions. I was reading more and more about the procedure. I called and asked if I could just come in for a re consult regarding my implant. As you may recall I never really had a proper consult the first time, I realize this was partially my fault.

Staff said it would be no problem, to just wait until my pre op and the dr would answer my concerns or questions at that time. So I waited.

Day of pre op. the questions flowed to my surgeon. He answered them all. One I was really concerned about he does the intra oral route to avoid scarring. I asked if he ever had infections occur in any prior pts. He said no. They give antibiotics along with pain medication and chin strap. He also screws in the implant to avoid displacement.

I worry about the common concerns like nerve damage. Some of the surgeons on this site suggested neck lift but he told me i didn't need one. I will trust his option as he is board certified and preformed many implants.

After talking with him he advised i wait until after my vacation for surgery. Do to we are going zip lining and horseback riding.. Hence you have to wear helmet..

I'm still a bit nervous and anxious and wanted to share my story and post some before photos. Will update soon

Confused!

Well tomorrow is my pre op! I've read your comments about not needing implant :/

At times I feel the same but other times I think it's the right thing to do for long term results. I will talk with dr about the neck tightening as he is planning on doing the lipo anyways..

I either encounter people who love their implant or hate it.. It makes it so hard for me to decide if its best to do.. After talking with Dr he said a small will be likely used along with lipo. I originally asked about a lower neck lift, he said I didn't need it that lipo should give good result.. I mean he could have said yea and I would be paying more for necklift then implant.

He's going to let me look at the different implants and see some before and after pics of prior pts. I'm going to grill him again on some of the things you all have posted. I defiantly want to know how this may change my frontal view as well. Thank you all for your feedback it's truly appreciated !

Few more before pics

Just wanted to share a photo of the side that really bothers me. My frontal view I can deal with. Just not this

Day of Surgery

My procedure was scheduled for 11am. Dr was running a bit behind. They brought me back hooked me up to IV with lactated ringer solution drip and pushed a antibiotic thru IV. The anesthesiologist came in to see me went over my medication he would be giving me thru surgery. Which was twilight sedation. Versed. They also give pain med which was dilaudid, which I don't like at all,had it for my sciatic pain before. So he gave me an alternative pain med. plus gave something for nausea. My surgeon came to chat about what we would be doing again and asked if I had any questions. I was walked back into the OR with the RN. Laid down and after he put that in my IV ..lights out. I was in surgery for 40 min. I woke up in the OR,still bait groggy but I remember asking questions :) they wheeled me to recovery were I sat for 30min or so. Compression garment was on with another garment over that to hold ice. The right side of my lip is numb, to be expected this early. The incision in my mouth is whats sore. So I'll have to force some jello with my antibiotic tonight :)

24 hrs post op

I didn't sleep much last night. I knew if I laid in my bed I wouldn't stay elevated enough so I laced in the recliner all night. I dosed on and off and kept icing all night. When I did wake up my chin all the way down my jawline was very very stiff and hurt. Talking even hurt. I did venture into the shower and snapped a few pics. I wasn't as swelled as I thought but I'm bruised. I applied the arnica Montana and will see if that helps over the next few days. I'm still icing to try and keep swelling at bay. Still can't eat. just drinking protein shakes, water and alittle jello. Will update soon

Day 2

I slept fair last night. Tried to stay in the recliner as long as I could. I do notice more swelling today. Chin is still stiff and more of a discomfort then pain. I'm still icing and wearing the chin strap. My neck hurts very bad we're the lipo was done. Hurts to touch when I apply the arnica. Still drinking the shakes to sore to eat. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better

Day 3

Slept upright in bed with about 4 pillows. Iced before I went to bed, first night I slept thru the night. I started taking bromelain yesterday along with the arnica gel applied 3 times a day. I ate some mashed potatoes and turkey medallions for dinner. Still hard to eat. Still drinking out of a straw, if i dont.. i get it all over! My neck is still hurts bad from lipo. My chin still feels very stiff. I'm able to open my mouth alittle more each day. It's so true how you see a little improvement each day. I have some numbness around my right ear and right under my chin implant were lipo was done. I'm starting to get houseatosis... I've been inside for 3 days and it's driving me crazy. I'm going to venture out in my backyard and hope my neighbor's don't get a glimpse. I go back to work Thursday and seriously need to look into buying some concealer to hide this bruising. I've heard derma blend is good so maybe I'll try.

Day 4

Things slowly getting better. I was able to get alittle pasta in for dinner. Bruising as you see. Not in pain, just restricted in moving my jaw to much. I can't smile normal yet. Still alot of swelling. I truly think I should have took off work for at least 2 weeks.

Day 5

Tomorrow I go back to surgeon to take bandage off. I'm concerned about this skin under my neck from the lipo. I'm very vigilant on wearing this chin strap night and day so will see what he says. I've stopped with the icing yesterday. Still sleeping with my pillows propped to help with swelling.

Day 6

Today was my first post op appointment. Dr said everything is looking good. All but two stitches in mouth have dissolved. He removed the tape and felt around implant. He advised me to continue to wear chin strap at night as it will help with re- contouring the skin upward. Not thrilled about it but will do it. I got to see the esthetician while I was there who gave me a mild facial and educated me on how to apply my makeup to hide remaining bruising and gave me a bunch of samples so I don't have to go buy anything. Still swelled and I talk weird with that tape off . Tomorrow is a new day !

A strange bump

Update..
I've felt this little bump or lump on my left side around were the implant wing would be sense the procedure and just thought maybe it's just apart of the healing process. As the swelling is coming down its more noticeable palpable painful and visually more swelled on that side. There is also a bruise around that area. I hate to be a complainer but I may call the dr and see what they say because I don't go back for another 5 weeks. When I went to him 2 days ago and he felt that area,I cringed when he touched it and he said it was still tender in that area and that was that. It's so frustrating to have one side heal great and the other cause problems :(

aggravated

Well I'm still having pain on my left side and in radiates under my jaw. Some things just not right. I go back tomorrow for followup.i still have numbness on my lip at times. Implant still feels very tight. I regret doing intra oral route. Healing inside mouth is a long process. My neck from liposuction still looks lumpy in areas. I will leave with answers tomorrow. I'm on the fence about just removing it. Just the thought about having it taken out shaved down and replaced and pray I would recover without any further problems is stressful. Not to mention more time off work. So will see what he says tomorrow !