Florida mommy perking things up with a lift and silicone mod+

I never considered implants until nursing left me...

I never considered implants until nursing left me a deflated 34B (or C in Victoria's Secret, they're so generous)! After going to a couple consultations, I was told I also need a lift. It took me several months to come to terms with that, but now I am just ready to do this. Tired of feeling insecure and having to live in uncomfortable push up bras/bikini tops. Struggling with some mommy guilt and a fear of the surgery itself. I'm considering 300-350 silicone unders. I'm 5'6, 130 lbs, and hoping to look more proportional since I'm pretty thin on top, but have ample hips/butt!

Wish Pic

Adding a wish pic! I'd be very happy with this size! My pre-op is in a few days. Will update again then...

Before pic. No oomph.

Droopy and blah. Will be so nice to fill out a bikini top this summer!

Pre-Op done! 2 weeks to go!

Just had my pre-op and decided to go with 300/325 mod+. The appointment was nearly 2 hours long (mostly with Dr. Rumsey's nurse Melissa who was wonderful) and covered SO much information! Had vitals taken, went over what to avoid from now until surgery, got re-measured, tried sizers again, got my scripts for Keflex, Percocet and Phenergan (no valium?) and paid my balance. All the questions I had were answered and I feel much calmer now. No ibuprofen, aspirin, flax or vit E until 2 days post-op. No alcohol 2 days pre through 1week post. Wash with dial soap day before/or surgery. It's really real now! Hope this info helps someone.

4 days to go, doubting myself :-/

Well only 4 days left til the big day. I went from being giddy after ordering little bralettes the other day for after sx (haven't bought anything without underwire & inches of padding in years) to having some doubts. Keep asking myself why this is so important to me. My dear aunt went through breast cancer a few years ago, and here I am complaining about the way mine look. At least they're healthy. Arghhh I hope these feelings are just normal jitters. My fear/anxiety about surgery and the anesthesia is also kicking in again. Positive thoughts & prayers are welcome ladies!!

Another before

I will certainly NOT miss underwire!!

Day of Surgery

Well ladies I made it through surgery day!! Been in bed dozing pretty much all day. Pain is bearable so far if I stay on top of meds. Will give better update tomorrow! Thank you for the prayers and support!

The morning after!

Yesterday was pretty surreal. Had to be at surgery center at 8:15, but doctor was running behind from previous surgery so we waited longer than expected. They took my vitals and a urine sample. (Btw, on a tmi note, my period decided to show up yesterday when I woke up! Lucky me)! They set up IV while I answered some questions. Then we waited for doctor to come in and mark me up. After that the anesthesiologist came in and asked me more questions. I hugged my hubby goodbye and walked to OR. I got on table and nurse and anesthesiologist told me to take big yoga breaths, joked that this was the yoga room! I said it didn't look like a yoga room! Lol, and next thing I know I was waking up in recovery! I wasn't even aware that I was given anything, just was out. BP was pretty low and I was dizzy when I woke, so they gave me saltines and some water. Once that improved I was wheeled out to car.

Got set up in my bed with a wedge and one of those u-shaped travel pillows. Got sick once, so I took phenergan and nausea has not returned. My sweet husband made homemade chicken soup, so I had a small bowl of that. Been drinking a ton of smart water and chowing down stacks of saltines like nobody's business! They just taste so good right now!

Slept in 2-3 hour cycles the last 24-hrs and feel good. I Def need the Percocet every 4 hours or feel pain break through. Got up and semi-helped hubby get our daughter off to school, even braided her hair for her :)
Had a coffee and Greek yogurt and now back in bed resting.

This truly was not as bad as I feared. I had such anxiety over this surgery and it felt like it was over in a blink. If you are nervous about this, please know it is not as scary as you fear.

Attaching a pic but I'm all bandaged up so it's hard to tell much. I'm glad they don't look/feel too huge. Get to unwrap and shower tomorrow!

2 days post-op

Today was the big reveal! Everything looks ok, just sitting high and some swelling which I know is to be expected. I had my hubby unwrap the ace bandage and he was definitely happy with the results! Lol. (Funny for someone who claimed to not care!) I felt pretty good today. Stopped Percocet and started alternating Tylenol and Advil, so I'm happy about that! Also was able to venture out to dinner and it was nice getting out of the house for a bit. Oh I also applied some arnica gel to help with swelling. Right now that's the most uncomfortable thing I'm experiencing--that swollen, stretchy tightness. Anyone know how long that lasts??

4 days post w/old bikini top

Hi girls! Was feeling a little down today bc of the bruising and swelling, and my right looks bigger than left to me. But then I tried on the old bikini top from my before pic and it def cheered me up :))

Yesterday (day 3) I hit a bit of a wall. Was low on energy and felt light headed all day. I think I was breathing too shallow bc of the tightness. Anyway, back to feeling fine today! Post-op visit is tomorrow so we'll see what they say. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

8-days Post

Can't believe it's been over a week since my surgery! Overall I've been feeling really good. I do get tired easily and have had some bouts of light-headedness. I also have some numbness on my right side and underarm. I'm starting to get zingers, so I guess the nerves are waking up. I'm taking Tylenol and Advil as needed, which is about 2-3 times a day. I'm using arnica gel and bromelain tablets to help swelling/bruising. Dressing has been a challenge, as so many of you have said! It's hard to hide sports bras/surgical bras when it's already tank top weather here! Why oh why didn't I do this in January?! Attaching a pic of me and the hubs since it's been so nice putting faces to our realfriends names :) Will update with some more after photos later!

8 days post pics

Almost 2 week follow up

Time is flying right by and I'm almost back to feeling normal. We had a pool party for my little girl's birthday yesterday with 12 kids and woohoo I pulled it off! (But oh man was I tired after!) I had my 2nd post op appointment today. The sutures and tape were removed. I have to admit I was a little nervous about seeing what the scars looked like, but I was pleasantly surprised that they're just thin, pink lines! I have to replace tape weekly for the next month. I should've asked about using scar gels but maybe it's too soon? I definitely want to order some of that Pracasil that orange3421 recommends! That's it for now. Happy healing and good luck to those with surgeries coming up :)

14 days pic

3 weeks out.

Haven't been on here as much because I got busy with work the end of the school year! I hit my 3 week mark yesterday and today I changed my tape. My husband is out of town so I had to do it alone and I'm totally squeamish--I was not looking forward to it! Everything looks good except for one nipple. Looks like he cut over one edge instead of around it, and there is a dark line where it's healing. I emailed a pic to PS nurse because it concerns me a bit. The other lines look so clean, but this one is different. We shall see what they say. At least it's my nipple and nobody but hubs & I will see it;)

Other than that, I'm doing good. I still have to take it easy with arm/chest movements and lifting anything. I started sleeping on my side again this past week and am super happy about that! I kind of squish myself against a king size pillow to get comfy. Still have some numbness on my right side through armpit. Feels strange more than anything. But my nipples are crazy sensitive!

We had a huge PGA golf tournament in our area last week and we went 3 days in a row and walked around all day in the heat. And drank all day. Lol. I didn't know how that would go being only 2 weeks post-op. I was exhausted by the end of each day, but had a blast!

It's been a month & boob greed ;-0

It's been a month since my surgery, time flies! They are definitely starting to soften and feel more natural. Nipple hyper-sensitivity and morning boob are gone for the most part, so that is happy news.

Now I should mention the boob greed. Ladies, it is real ;)! I got exactly what I asked for (I feel my PS got me very close to my wish pic), but I think I should have gone a little bigger. I read about the boob greed on here so many times but I did not think it would happen to me bc I was the type who was so nervous about being too big! That being said, I think they look very proportionate and I can still keep them conservative when I want to at this size. So that's my take on that. Lol. Happy Memorial weekend!!

6 weeks—normal bras!

Everything is going well. I've been cleared to resume all activities! I have to continue taping for another month, then can start scar treatment. We're going on vacay next week so I needed some new bikini tops and new non-sports bras! I'm fitting in a 34D, at least for now. With a regular bra on they look much better in clothes, so I'm feeling good!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rumsey at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery performed my mastopexy and breast augmentation in April, 2014. I was referred to PVPS by several friends who had their surgeries there. Although he didn't spend a great deal of time discussing things with me, he must have been listening because the volume and shape are exactly what I hoped for. Everyone at PVPS is friendly and helpful. The nurses and anesthesiologist were so wonderful on my day of surgery and helped to put me at ease. The only negatives so far are that wait times for the doctor can be lengthy, and when he does come in it's very quick. However, he's always kind and very knowledgeable. I am pleased with my early results and would highly recommend PVPS.

You look beautiful in both girl!! Where are y'all going?
Boob greed will change over time... I was the same. Now I wish I went with 230cc. :) We always want what we can't have, and trying to be perfect is really exhausting. You look fantastic! Living is such a beautiful place with a nice weather will let you enjoy them even more. Take care!
Thank you sweetie! I guess it's just a part of this whole process! I'm finally out of sports bras this week, and liking the look a lot more. I hope you are doing well :-)
Absolutely beautiful already! Good for you! What profile and cc's were put in?
Aw, thank you puppydog! I have 325/350 mod+ (I was uneven so different sizes). When is your surgery?
You look Amazing Angel and the def don't look small , trust you are good!!
Lol, thank you bubbles you're so sweet! All is good here, hope everything is good on the farm :)
Thank you booboo, Lol girl my chickens producing more eggs than I know what to do with , two a day done turned into three dozen in the fridge plus what I cook and fry with , it's all good tho, mmmm so fluffy when scrambled!! ;•}
That's awesome to have fresh eggs like that!! Wish I had a place for a chicken coop, but we're in suburbia. Lol. We just have a small garden with herbs and tomatoes. Thinking of expanding it to grow more of our own veggies. Everything tastes so much better that way, and you don't have to worry about pesticides and junk!
You are so right, walmart bell peppers ain't got nuthin on mine. They are so much more flavorful. I don't have any herbs, what kind you have?
You look amazing! And I think your recovery goes well! I'm really glad you did this. Warm weather... I'm still dreaming of it. We are still waiting for spring. Take care dear Real Friend!
Thanks Nikki! I feel lucky that the recovery has gone so easily for me. I'm glad I did this too! I only wish I had done it years ago, but I guess I wasn't ready. I hope summer comes to Boston soon so you can show off those fab new bikinis! How's the running going? Getting easier? XO
You are lucky for sure! I'm happy that you can say that! Running has been good, but I still have pain. My right breast is slower in healing, and it annoys me a lot. I hope all turns out good. Enjoy your Sunday!
Nice cleavage in that cute bikini top! You look great!!!
Thank you!! Fun to have cleavage without pads & wires for a change ;)
Love that top! You look great! What are ur stats if you don't mind me asking..
Thanks mama! I'm 5'6" and 130 lbs. Not able to tell what size yet, but seems like I'm now a large C/small D. Kind of wish I went just a tad bigger, but I was too chicken!