Do not do this! - Fishers, IN

I wish I would have believed the negative reviews....

I wish I would have believed the negative reviews. But I, like others, was desperate to lose my lower abdominal belly roll. This procedure has caused me EXCRUTIATING pain. I had it done one week ago and have had horrible tingling, prickling, burning pain. I can not sleep at night. My Med Spa prescribed Neurontin which I have been taking for 2 days with no relief. Does anyone have any encouraging words on when this pain will subside? I am so worried I may have caused myself a long-term problem trying to get a "quick-fix" result on my abdominal fat.

What is worse is that my belly fat now seems more firm and protruding. I honestly think it looks worse than pre-procedure. I know it is supposed to take some time, but I am skeptical on the results. So disappointed in myself for falling for what I would say is a scam procedure.

SimplySkin MedSpa

co-worker

Had my lower abdomen, inner thighs and then stupidly went back to do upper abdomen...no change at all, aside form very uncomfortable after pain. This was a year ago and man, do I wish I had saved that whack of money. Total scam as far as I am concerned. But my fault for believing in quick fixes. Diet and high interval training is the only way. Oh, and body acceptance, that's probably the most important right there.
Everytime I write a comment it does not come out clear. My question is did your Dr say why it works for some people and why it doesn't work for other people you would think that if it freezes fat it would work the same on every body . .
The people at the clinic said results would very but no discussion of no results or long lasting negative effects. As for it being the same for everyone that is what I would like to work on with ZELTIQ (who contacted me yesterday). From the posts here you can see that some people not only wind up with no change but negative effects like the area toughening and taking the shape to some degree of the area when put in the device. Maybe it is technique? Maybe the temp isn't cold enough for some? Maybe some people simply don't react the same (which I agree sounds odd). My problem is that I not only look worse but am dieting for the first time, have lost 12lbs and see no change. I am concerned that whatever happened that made the process fail also changes the fat cells so that the body not only didn't absorb the frozen cells but can no longer use them as fuel. Also there is no doctor.
it's one thing to pay that it's one thing to pay that money and not see and not see a change but now to have lumpy and lumpy and hard let us know how it turns ou keep us poste
I shall
I just spoke to the Director of Clinical Development at ZELTIQ who called me after I contacted them through their site. Apparently the local businesses do not always let them know when problems occur. I came to learn there appear to be a very low number of people who experience the exact phenomenon I have described. ZELTIQ tells me they would appreciate my help and others to look further in to this. As I have been through some unfortunate issue with companies in my life and one at a level that involved congress, 60 Minutes etc I am pretty leery of companies and their ethical fortitude. Having said that I am also not someone who wishes to make people or companies pay for others sins. At least up to a point. So given how proactive they have been so far (including the local refund which was remarkably easy to do) I am going to work with them on trying to figure this out. All I asked is that they find a way to remedy my situation. In addition they have asked for others with these symptoms to contact them. That can easily be done on the ZELTIQ website. One last note. They are reading these pages. Which I also find encouraging.
That's great if they're looking at these pages then they realize that when people pay a thousand dollars it needs to work or they need to tell their people to lower their price
Given how the internet can have significant impact on companies as well as individuals and my level of involvement here I think it only fair I provide my name. I don't think given the situation being unnamed is right. My name is Michael DeKort. You can do your own internet research if you wish but I will tell you I received the Barus Ethics Award from IEEE, which was presented to me in congress some years back for taking a stand on an issue that involved people's safety etc. Given that experience and my time in program and engineering management I can assure both sides here that doing the right and fair thing by paying attention to each side's intentions as well as objective information and data is what I will be focused on.
"Working" can be somewhat subjective. Having said that it clearly not only did not work in my case but got worse in my case. However the refund was without issue and the company has contacted me to ask if I would help them figure out why some patients have the same experience I have had as well as to discuss a way to remedy the physical issues. So far, at least given my personal experience, you can't ask for more than that. Time, intentions and actions will tell from here.
One reason they didn't mention long-term effects - they don't know. This is a new procedure, and essentially everyone having it done now is a guinea pig.
The doctor at the clinic I used did show me pictures of what you are talking about and warned me that, although rare, it was a possibility and that they have no way of predicting who it will happen to. SInce my procedure was just a couple of weeks ago, I am assuming that cases like yours are the reason for the warning. I just wanted to let you know that it seems that someone listened to you.
When did you have this done? What kind of applicator?
I am one week out now. I had the large applicator. I am not a big person (5'3", 130#), but all of my fat seems to accumulate in my lower abdomen. I run on the treadmill 3-4 times a week and do abdominal crunches but have not been able to loose that lower abdominal roll, so I opted for some help. I will never try a quick fix again. The pain is not worth it, and as I said above, I am very skeptical that there will be any results.
I had the same physical issues. It all went away. As for the firmer and protruding I also have the same after 5 months.
What does your Dr say about the firm and protruding . What do you mean
I received a refund. And I actually received a reply from ZELTIQ to discuss further tomorrow. Hoping to see if there is a way to figure this all out. By firm and protruding I mean the area is much firmer to the touch and protrudes or sticks out because it seemed to remain much of the shape the device left it in after freezing. Like it was a mold.
There is still a "roll" in my lower abdomen but it is much firmer. It as if the applicator took all of my fat and squished it into a tight roll and made it stick out more. I am a physician and have had several painful procedures, but nothing compares to the neuropathic pain accompanying this procedure. I am currently writing a letter to the manufacturer and the FDA because I really think this procedure needs further investigation and review. I would never want any patient of mine to experience the pain that I have had for the last week.
Exactly!!
When did the pain finally go away? I have a trip to Vegas planned in one week and hope I am not in agony then!
The MedSpa technician (I did not have a doctor perform the procedure) told me the firm/protruding area would get better over time. Not sure what time frame she means. Right now I look much worse than pre-procedure.
it working for some peopl
I am at 5 months with no change to the firm/protruding area
Weeks I think. People are different though. I for on did not find the pain to be excessive. Uncomfortable yes. But I could work and sleep.