Lipo (Tumescent) on Flanks, U/l Abs and Even a Touch of Hips-great So Far, Don't Regret a Thing

For starters, I have always wondered about...

For starters, I have always wondered about liposuction but never really imagined doing it. I just got out of the Army two years ago and wow did the weight come on quickly! I started running again and was doing great, trimming inches in lower half but no luck in upper body. I went back to look at pictures of myself in the army (best shape ever) and noticed that even then my stomach was not proportionate to my body. The next day I started researching PS and finally found one to do a consultation with. A week later I was scheduled for surgery, fast I know but I only have a limited amount of free time for something like this.

I had surgery yesterday (7JUL10)and it took about an hour for my flanks, u/l abs and some upper hip area. I had general despite not wanting to but actually did pretty well. I had no nausea or dizziness. I went home and slept pretty well with no pain just serious soreness. It felt like a really strenuous workout. Not too much swelling yet but I could feel it getting tighter and tighter under the garment. Surprisingly, I had a pretty good night, I took a few percocets (sooo itchy) but otherwise good.

I woke up today feeling great ready to take on the world! HA HA. I walked around the hotel hallway a little and have been up typing this. I am much more swollen and black and blue now though. I'm worried that I should have a compression garment that covers that upper hip portion too though because that is the sorest area that is bruising badly. I only have on the stomach portion. I've called the doctor but haven't heard back yet. Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Other than that, everything's been great. I am just patiently waiting to shower and eventually see some more of the area. This was the best for me and I have no regrets what so ever about having lipo done. It's something you really have to do for yourself and have reasonable expectations. Any questions or advice, please feel free to contact me, I'd really appreciate it.

Okay so today marks a month since the surgery. Not...

Okay so today marks a month since the surgery. Not much tenderness at all. If anything there's a slight, very slight twinge every now and then. I'm still wearing a compression garment but I go back for a follow up on Tues and will probably start wearing it only to bed and workout...not sure. Is anyone else out there still wearing theirs at this point in recovery? I still have a weird half numb half tingly sensation in my right hip with some swelling but nothing that bothers me...just noticed. I'm going to start jogging again (slowly) on Monday and see how that goes. I'm really not sure what to expect at this point. I'm rather nervous at how my stomach looks but from what I read, it is just swelling. It's hard to keep that in mind when its like that everyday though.

Dr. H.W Miller

I know that we are living in PC times but I really appreciated the way the doctor prayed with me before he started. Of course he asked first but the fact that he prayed for my strength and recovery and for him to do a good job really touched me and relaxed me. He also was very friendly. He even did the upper hip area without charging me. He said it would give it a more sculpted look so he marked that too. I really appreciated it. Mine only problem was that my discharge instructions were severely lacking. Even now I don't know if I have sutures or even how many and where. I feel that the doc or at least a nurse should have come by afterwards before I left and told me how everything went and what to expect. The nurse was reading basic instructions like "don't eat solid foods and try to rest a lot tonite" umm....yeah obviously. Plus, I was doped up with morphine, do you really think I'm in the state of mind to understand what you're saying? So I ended up called the doc's office today for more in depth instructions but I haven't received a call back yet. His staff are extremely nice and helpful so I know I will be taken care of with them though.

creampie: Your question is posted as a reply to sanah's thread, where it won't be seen by most viewers. You should start a brand new thread of your own, on the main page. Also if you don't mind me saying, make your question a little more detailed, like how many kids you've had, how long ago, what kind of lipo and what areas you're considering, etc. Just to offer my own experience--I have one child and had her four years ago. I also gained 70 pounds during pregnancy. I had extra abdominal fat since then, even when I lost weight elsewhere, though I wouldn't say my skin was loose. Plenty of stretch marks or course, nothing you can do about that. I had lipo six weeks ago and love the results. For a while it seemed like my skin may have been rendered kind of loose, but now it is adhering to the muscle nicely. It takes time, and I still have some areas of hard swollen tissues and tenderness, but every week it's a little better than the previous one. I had vaser lipo. You can read my full thread on the main page. I think it's titled "Vaser lipo on abdomen and flanks, and some practical advice for you!" Good luck
Thank you so much for that info...I am glad to hear everything is going well for you. I have 2 kids ages 7 and 9 and am still debating on whether or not to go for the tummy tuck or just do lipo of the abdomin and flanks. thanks again, I will check out your full thread:)
has anyone had just lipo and have had kids? I saw one doctor who suggested just superficial lipo, but I have some looseness of the skin and stretch marks, I'm not sure if this is exactly a good idea.
Doing good--I'll post an update on my thread. I'm glad to hear you're healing well and liking your results.
Thanks for the tip. I was planning on getting arnica montana but the bruises went away so quickly that I decided to let nature take care of the rest. Everyday gets better and better. It seems as if each day brings a new discovery about what has changed, like being able to bend or certain parts flattening out more. It is definitely a test of patience though. I am ready to see the final product but I know that it could very well be another 4 months before that happens. My body shape has changed pretty drastically though. I lost only a few pounds but the inches off of my waist were amazing! It's weird to see men checking me out now...ha ha. How is your recovery going?
--I had the same experience with no staff from the actual physician's office there to talk to me when I woke up, just the staff of the surgery hospital (unaffiliated with the PS doctor). Even beforehand, the doctor didn't tell me I would have stitches. After the first few days of leaking lots of bloody fluid (aren't you?) and being too scared to look for very long at myself w/o the garment, I finally did and realized that I had five incisions (two just inside my pelvic girdles, two just above them, and one under the lip of my belly button). I also noticed a sort of translucent string sticking out of one of the incisions and guessed (correctly) that this was a "cat gut" suture, which if you don't know is actually from some animal source (sterilized) and meant to dissolve gradually under your skin. Mine didn't completely though, so the nurse clipped them out a couple weeks later. No big whoop. As for your bruising, you might notice that a good deal of your worst bruising is actually BELOW any of the lipo'd area; that's because bruises follow gravity. I know it looks frightening but they fade really fast, especially if you eat a good balanced diet, don't sit around too much and drink lots of fluids. Did your doctor prescribe you the homeopathic post-op anti-bruising/swelling pills (Arnica montana capsules)? If not, you might want to check out where you can get them; I don't think you actually need a prescription. As for the garment, you know, I thought they positioned mine too high too, so I began positining mine to cover the top of my hips too, and it really made me feel a lot more secure. Your experience sounds a lot like mine so far, so let's keep posting! --Gurlcat (my post is a few down from yours)