Facelift with Fat Transfer - Fayetteville, NC

I can't begin to express my total satisfaction for...

I can't begin to express my total satisfaction for the facelift I had 7 days ago. Yes, just 7 days, I am already back at work (and I work 12 hour days), yes I do have a few bruises but nothing that distracts from the new me. Yes, my face is still swollen, but wow, I look amazing. I went home from surgery with sore throat from the intubation but that was the totally expected. Throat was sore for 2 days, so cold applesauce helped take to take the medication I was on prior to facelift. I took one pain pill thinking it would help the sore throat but it didn’t so the best advice I can give is to cool/numb the throat with weight watchers frozen fudge sickles, and use a spoon for small bites, allow the popsicle to melt as you eat it. My neck was very tight from the removal of my “turkey neck” but was not what I would call painful. Incision areas reddened, tender to touch after a few days, but not what I would classify as painful. Three to four days postop, I went through the yellow/green bruising phase, which I called my green glowing phase. I wore my bandage, placed bacitracin ointment on the sutures, and slept in a recliner with my head high for the recommended time frame. I took naps in the day as needed (listen to your body), stayed out of sun and heat, apparently I followed directions to the letter and just look at the pictures. I started a daily picture slideshow; however because of the significant difference I saw between morning and evening, I took a set of photos in morning and another set in the evening the first week. My swelling was resolving, face swelling reduced in just 12 hours between pictures. Oh, was I pleased. I didn't want to look 25 again. I was realistic; I wanted not to look tired anymore. Baby, I don't!!! ONE week, and I am blazing trails with my recovery. THANK YOU, Dr. Dickerson!!! I couldn't ask for better results, however, you have told me if I love my face now, just wait till 2-3 months postop, and I will love it more. I can't imagine my face improving that much, as it is amazing now!!! Thanks for reading my story. (I will post pictures this evening).

Pictures

Each day the swelling is improving. I am looking amazing --> today is day 10, since I don't count day of surgery.

Day after surgery Aug 21 in am

Mylar balloon face--swollen, but expected

evening of day 2

I need to explain that I had a syndrome called Horner's Syndrome in my right eye, that caused it to droop. That is the reason for the eye swelling...it isn't like eyelid surgery it is a muscle and inside eyelid surgery. So ignore that as it was a different medical problem.

Day 2 (sorry the post just before this was evening of day 1)

Day 3 (Saturday)

Changes happening rapid!!!

Day 5 (Monday am)

Tuesday Day 6

Day 7 (Wednesday)

Going to work, don't I look refreshed, it is amazing what a few days of rest and a facelift can do for you!

Day 8 (thursday)

another day working

Day 9 (Friday)

Compare pictures Before surgery and at day 6

Day 13.

I was sitting working and a female colleague (who I haven’t seen since the facelift) looked at me and ask if I changed my hair. Then she said no, hair is the same. She kept looking at me saying something is very different but she can’t put her finger on it. She noticed my eye repair from the Horner’s syndrome but she just kept looking. Finally I put her out of her misery, and told her I had a facelift, and she was just thrilled, told me it took 15 yrs off my face. I could have kissed her!!!! I have told about everyone that knows me where I work that I had the facelift as I have nothing to be ashamed of; I am worth every penny I paid. I am now hearing the remarks from those that didn’t know, and it is the COOLEST thing because I wanted to look like me without looking so tired, and it worked. I am just tickled to death over the compliment.
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Dickerson is honest, he tells you what to expect, and because of the genuine faith I had in him, I trusted him with MY face. I am a health professional, so I read reviews online, talked to friends at the hospitals where he does procedures (inquiring about infection rates), or asking personal opinions of his personally, I was looking for the dent in the amour, but by comparison I couldn’t find anyone in the area I felt matched his qualifications. He also got points because he works on heroes Ft. Bragg soldiers that come home from battle scarred. When I looked at EVERYTHING, he came out the man on top. I can't imagine a better experience.

Wow ! You look fantastic !!!! What an inspiration you are!!!!! Can't wait to see your future results!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!
Hi there. You look absolutely stunning. I can't believe you are back to work so soon. You, are obviously a tough cookie. I am going in tomorrow for a CO2 laser full face resurfacing. I hope I am back up and running as quickly as you. I will try to document my procedure. Your journal really helps others who are planning on a similar procedure. Take care :-)
Good Luck, will keep you in my prayers. I hope you heal as fast as I do :-)
I'm so happy for you and your results. You are worth every penny and kudos to you foe saying so!!
Thanks, all women work hard at any job they have, so we are all worth whatever it takes to feel more like we do no the inside :)
Thanks, all women should look on the outside what they feel like on the inside.
Exactly MY reasoning! My eldest dgtr really gets it, now. She saw me in a dress for the first time in many years, with a tiny waist (which I had until 4 babies later!)...my facelift + chin, eyes, brows is only 19 days post but already looks sooo nice....one look at me and she said "You SO did the right thing." I cooked dinner for a large group (have not enjoyed cooking for years) and my happiness bubbled over into pleasure even cooking!! I feel like my life is beginning all over and my husband is so thrilled for me...not because of my appearance (he is one of those dears who loves me for all good reasons) but because he can see I am happy IN MYSELF again. I cannot recommend dealing with mild deficits and genetic fat placement enough. Everyone knows to correct serious birth defects. But the recessed chin, overbite and low brows...that's just YOU. Well, no. These are from my dad's genetic background (he gave me a TON of wonderful genes, too.) He suffered with a "weak chin" probably more than I did. The saddlebag thighs, flanks, and bulging abdomen are from my mom's side: she suffered anguish for life -- at 115 lbs she still "looked fat". I weigh 150 lbs now and am only 5'1". I look fit and curvaceous. Because the deficits have been corrected. I am going to quote Writerwish: "All women should look on the outside what they feel like on the inside." You are so VERY right, Writerwish. It has changed my life at almost 65 yrs. If I only live five more years with this new body and face, it will have been worth it to have brought back my self-confidence, self-esteem, and changed my life. So many thanks to Dr Huntly at Coastal Empire PS in Savannah. He is an artist and his team could not be improved upon!!!!
I am so happy for you!!! I had my facelift not to look like someone else, but to look like what I feel like. I am loving my "new younger look," my husband also loves me for who I am (says when he looks at me he sees the 13 yr old girl he fell in love with). So this is for me. I have talked about it, looked it up, thought long and hard, but in the end I am worth it, just as you are. This isn't about others, it is about feeling good, and confident again! I am glad you are so HAPPY, in the end no amount of money should deny us that!!!
I am considering fat transfer too. What did you think about the procedure? I guess it is early to tell the final results of it... You look beautiful... love your skin...
So far, I have nice plump ears, a puffy face (as the swelling is not yet totally gone, as it only has been 2 weeks). I have noticed that the lines between my eyes, and my smile lines are not as deep, and my crows feet don't have as many toes, but will update as my swelling goes down.
You look TERRIFIC and I can't believe you were back at work after only 10 days. Inspirational! Thank you for sharing!!!
Actually was back at work on day 7--> as I had the procedure done on Aug 20, back at work the 27th. My face is still swollen, but nothing that stopped me from going to work. Only discomfort I had was placing the stethoscope into my ears, which was tricky, and not very comfortable. But each day that gets easier. Each day my swelling is improving. I can't wait to see the results at 2-3 months when my physician said I would be totally healed.
Thank you for posting! You look wonderful! What did you take so you didn't bruise a lot? I am scheduled for September 12 and I started with the recovery package that my PS gave me, 3 capsules AM and PM and 3 days before surgery I will start with Bromelain. Congratulations, enjoy your new you☺
I am not sure why my bruises were minimal. But I went through a quick glowing bruise phase that lasted a day or so, but that resolved quickly but just underneath the skin you could see faint bruising. I sat with my head up ALL THE TIME, for those 7 days, actually am still sleeping with head higher than heart to minimize the swelling. Staying out of the heat, might also have helped. Stay off any aspirin, ibuprofen, aleve or any products that contain blood thinners, watch foods that thin blood also. Good luck with your surgery on the 12th of September.
Thank you!
"glowing bruise phase" ... you really do have a way with words ;) hehe
Wow what a great recovery...I have planned 6 weeks off work after my FL in Thailand in October. Hope I travel as well yourself.
U look fabulous!
Amazing recovery! You look terrific!
wishing you total success ,but it must be pointed out that it takes many months for complete healing.
I know that, but look at the pictures I posted, I went back to work on day 6....the change is amazing!
You look stunning already! I can't wait to see the changes:)
I love your tips on eating after a facelift. Great ones! Please send me a personal message if you need assistance putting up photos. Hooray for no more turkey neck!
Thank you for post your review. I'm so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience!!