First Session of Tattoo Removal - Fayetteville, GA

Had my first treatment today. The pain was...

Had my first treatment today. The pain was bearable, I thought it would hurt a lot worst. The worst part was when it was over and the burning sensation afterwards for about 45 min. I see a little fading and I'm very anxious/nervous about all of this. I hope this will be worth it. I'm very nervous of the chances of scarring, however my doctor assured me that there would be no scarring. I'm also dreading how long this process will take and if it will even work. I'm ready for this to all be over so I can gain back my confidence. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do after treatments to help this process? Do vitamins and water help? Also I am scheduled to go every 4-5 weeks... Will I see better results if I wait longer in between sessions? I will post after pics in 3 days when my bandages are off!

2 days after session 1

Hello! I'm very thankful for the feedback I got, so thank you. It's night 2 of my first tattoo removal. I did blister, but it doesn't hurt, just looks gross. I've kept my tattoo bandaged, changing the bandage every night for 3 nights. I was told I could shower 2 hours after treatment and I have to say- it stings. Water touching it just feels like a strong stinging sensation no matter what the pressure or temperAture of water I use. So this is very annoying. Did anyone else have this issue? Also I am going back and forth about how much time I should put between each sessions. I just want to do whatever makes this process quicker. As we all understand I'm sure. I'll post a picture as well of my tattoo!

Question about options!

Has anyone considered the surgery for a large tattoo? Excision?

Session 1 again!

I want my details to be as descriptive as possible because I know when I was researching tattoo removal I wanted to know EVERYTHING I could read lol. I just wanted to say that for me, my shoulder feels kind of like a got punched when I sleep (I am on day 3 of tattoo session 1). It is just very sore and uncomfortable to put pressure on. It feels very similar to what it felt like after I got tattooed in that area. it's completely bearable though so no one worry! I just want to make sure I don't leave Anything out for someone who is scared and wants to know details before going through it themselves! I also have formed another blister. They are fairly large (about the size of quarter+). I'll upload a picture in a few hours when I get home! I'm not too excited about going through this once a month lol, but at the same time it's worth it and I feel proud of myself for going through this even though it's "self inflicted" pain in top of a mistake. It still is something we should proud of for handling because the average person I do not believe could do this! So good luck everyone and I'm praying for a good recovery for all of you!

Pictures of 3 days after first session

Taking a shower is painful

I am on day 3- my bandages come off today for good, and I desperately want to take a full head to toe shower without pain. Does anyone know how to stop that? it feels like a stinging sensation- exactly what it feels like when you get a blister that pops and touch it. I hate it. I haven't been able to do much more than a couple seconds of water because it stung so bad. I'm desperate for the spots to become scabs :(

Picture didn't upload! Blister day 3

Astanza revolution laser

Is the one I am using. It is a q switch. I have only had one session but I already see fading in the red ink. Should I switch to a different laser though?

Tattoo removal day 4 1st session

Day 6 concerns

I noticed a few pink spots and I'm wondering if this is scarring?

So worried

My red roses are turning purple and so flaky and I'm terrified of scarring. Normal?

3 weeks In to first session

I am almost completely healed and noticed white on the outside of my tattoo- I suppose this is scarring or permanent skin discoloration? When my tattoo is removed will it be like this as well?

Over thinking?

After starting this tattoo removal I am beginning to obsessively think about removing all my others- I have many and I just am starting to think I look better without them. It's scaring me and draining me how much this is effecting how I feel about myself physically. Anyone else go through this? And were you happier once you did rid yourself of all tattoos?

Longest this could take?

What's the average time it takes to remove an entire tattoo? Two years?

Decided to remove three more tattoos

I have decided to remove three more tattoos. Two are fairly small and one is a large one. What do you guys think the time would take? All black ink.

Next session

I have my 2nd session scheduled for June 7th which would be exactly 4 weeks- should I up it to 8 weeks? I'm okay with it being 4 weeks but I want to do whatever causes the most progress.

Second session is next Saturday

5 weeks from first. I'm nervous and anxious. I feel most depressed today. I want all my tattoos gone and I'm scared they never will be. I'm ashamed of myself for impulsively acting. This is so difficult. I wish it was an overnight thing and not a 2-3 years thing.

2nd session- overdue

Second session healed quickly, haven't seen results really, super bummed. It was SO painful. 8 weeks apart due to money. third session in a few weeks. Feeling super down.
Brenda

The doctor was extremely nice and loving and relaxed. Seemed very sure of herself which is comforting.