6 weeks PO tomorrow and really unsure

Little bit about myself... I am 25 years old and...

Little bit about myself... I am 25 years old and just finishing my master's degree in athletic training. I plan on pursuing my doctorate in physical therapy in the next year or so, but right now plans are kind of on hold, so I figure why not take care of myself while I wait! I have struggled with my weight for as long as I remember-- I was always taller than most of the kids in my class in elementary school but then I stopped growing, so the weight caught up with me. In high school I played softball and was quite active but still struggled with weight, until I became a workout fanatic. I unfortunately developed somewhat of an eating disorder and lost a ton of weight, very quickly... which has now left me with a lovely "pouch".

Throughout the years I put most of that weight back on, until I had my gallbladder removed in 2007. After surgery I could hardly eat anything without being sick so again I lost weight. Again, I gained most of the weight back. I recently have completed the HCG diet and lost about 35 pounds. I'm 5'6 and ~145 pounds... I feel like this is a realistic weight for me, and with my extra skin removed I'd feel much more confident with my body. My mom is on board with this idea, but my dad not so much.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


Yesterday I went ahead and scheduled 2...

Yesterday I went ahead and scheduled 2 appointments with plastic surgeons for consultations. One of the surgeons I saw about 3 years ago when I was contemplating having some work done, so I pretty much know what to expect from him. The other surgeon is female and supposed to be very good. Both of my appointments are scheduled for May the 10, about 3 hours apart from each other. I'm not sure if it is good or bad to schedule them so close together, but it just worked out that way. My mom will be accompanying me to my appointments. I have already started to compile a list of questions and concerns to discuss with the doctor. For those of you who have done this before: what are some questions that you would recommend asking at the first consultation?


good luck! your consult is coming soon. you will know the right doctor immediately! be sure to ask about scar placement, how you want your belly button to look. let us know how it goes!
  • Reply
Thank you! I am so excited for my consult, it is just about a week and a half away... which I'm sure will pass by rather slowly. I will definitely keep you all posted. Hopefully I'll be able to choose between the 2 doctors- I hear they are both fabulous so I imagine it'll be a tough decision.
Make sure you have enough time in your scedule to recover. Ask if doc will also be doing muscle repair, not everyone needs it, especially if you haven't had kids but usually a successful tummy tuck requires MR as well. Ask if they also tighten the obliques, not all docs do, in fact most don't but it helps give you the hourglass shape. Do you plan on having kids? Personally, I would wait until after children b/c you tt might get destroyed but later pregnancies, but you should discuss this with your PS.
Remember, any doc can be a cosmetic surgeoen, special certification and training is required to be a PS (plastic surgeon). Make sure your doc is a board certified plastic surgeon. You may want to ask what their revision policy is. Do they have you stay overnight? Some docs do, some don't. I did stay overnight and thought it was a huge help. You are pretty out of it and it was nice to see the doc first thing in the a.m. the next day without having to go anywhere. Look at lots of before and after pics. Ask them to draw on you where the incision will be. Some end up very unhappy with the old school, high, smiley face incision that can not be covered up under todays low cut bikini bottoms. Best wishes. :)
  • Reply

Just called another plastic surgeon for a consult,...

Just called another plastic surgeon for a consult, making it a total of 3 doctors that I will be seeing. My mom had her annual visit with our general practitioner today (who is also my doctor) and she recommended the doctor I will be seeing on Monday. She said he is one of the best in town, and I definitely trust her opinion, so we will see. When I called the office staff didn't seem too outgoing or friendly, but I also understand they were having computer issues today, so perhaps the scheduler was just stressed. I got in a lot quicker than I thought, with my appointment being this coming Monday at 10:30 am. I'll keep you all posted :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


Had my first consult today. The doctor that I saw...

Had my first consult today. The doctor that I saw was very professional and even answered most of my questions before I was even able to ask them. My mom accompanied me to the appointment and we both felt very confident and comfortable with this doctor, however, I still have 2 more consults to go to. The rundown from the doctor was this: definitely loose skin to remove, plus probably some fat to suck out from my lower abdomen under my belly button; muscles seem to be intact so probably a candidate for a "mini tuck". He said there wasn't too much tissue around my love handles/flanks so he wouldn't need to touch those. He said he would make the scar as short as possible but mentioned it would still be quite large. This doctor has an in-house surgical suite with a board certified anesthesiologist that stays with you through the entire procedure, something which is important to me. The procedure would be outpatient... I know one of the other doctors I'm seeing allows you to stay overnight in their facility, which would be nice for my mom so she doesn't have to deal with me right away. All in the price is about $5500, which I think is fair. I'll update you all on Thursday after my other 2 consults. Hope everyone is healing nicely!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


So, I had 2 consultations today. I'm more confused...

So, I had 2 consultations today. I'm more confused than ever now. I will try to give you the best rundown I can and hope that somebody out there may be able to offer advice. Sorry in advance for rambling.

First appointment: I'm scheduled for 10 am, the doctor isn't even there. She shows up about 10:10 and then calls me back. She has no nurse or assistant with her. First she starts taking a thorough medical history and I think, okay great, this lady knows her stuff. As soon as she asked me how I had lost 30 pounds in the last year (which by the way I did through the HCG diet after I've been compulsively dieting and exercising my whole life and GAINING weight) she starts berating me about how that is not good for you. I expressed to her that we are also looking in to me having food sensitivities, as well, that have caused some major weight fluctuations. She told me that my acupuncturist who recommended me looking in to this issue obviously had no medical training so she didn't know what she was talking about and that food sensitivities wouldn't cause weight fluctuations (which they definitely do/can, I've read up on this issue)... I was about ready to walk out of her office, but I didn't. At this point the doctor hasn't asked me what I do for a living, what my lifestyle is like, etc, but goes on a big shpiel about how diet and activity are important (I eat a "paleo" type diet, and stay away from sugar and work on my feet all day) So after showing up 10 minutes late and criticizing me for almost 15 minutes she decides to actually do an "exam" which consisted of her making sure I didn't have a hernia (which I don't) and having me bend over to see how much fat/skin I had. Lasted probably about 2 minutes. We then discussed what she wanted to do with me... a full tummy tuck with laser-assisted AND traditional lipo. I asked her about her revision policy and she danced around the question and pretty much told me that if I was unhappy that I would have to pay to have it redone. She also said she was not a "high volume" surgeon when I asked about how many cases she's done... and the reason for her saying this is that she likes to give personalized attention? She didn't offer to show any before/after pictures. The whopping cost of this procedure was going to be $10,200... which is about double what the other surgeon I had seen quoted me. I promptly left and crossed her off the list.

I also had a consultation with a surgeon I saw about 3 years ago. He is so friendly and has great bed side manner. He even remembered a bit about me even though I have only visited him once before. After re-examining me, and showing me pictures of his work, he determined I did probably need a full, rather than a mini, tummy tuck. I asked him about this and he said "with a mini you get mini results, and you want results like the photos you saw, right?". I like his logic with that. He also said he'd like to lipo the flanks and abdomen, but about 3 months after the tuck is done. I asked him why and he explained to me that with as much skin/fat he'd be removing that the blood flow to the area would be reduced and doing the lipo at the same time would be compromising. He feels he has the best results when doing them separately. I understand his thoughts but at the same time I really would only like to be put under anesthesia once, if possible. The price I was quoted was $6300, and this includes an overnight stay at his surgical facility, which I think my parents would be appreciative of. However, I don't believe that this cost includes the lipo that he wants to do at a later date... and since most of the cost are for surgical facility fees and anesthesia, I would have to think that the number would end up, in the long run, being closer to $10,000... just not sure I can justify spending that much money. Although I guess I technically don't have to go back for lipo if I don't want.

Here is the dilemma-- the other doctor which I saw, who I also liked, recommended that I only have a bit of lipo along with the tummy tuck. He also thought he could probably get away with a smaller incision. I'm confused because he is also a very reputable surgeon in the area and his opinion on what I needed is COMPLETELY the opposite of the other 2 surgeons I've seen. My gut tells me to go with the doctor who I saw today but at the same time I know my recovery would be much easier with a mini tuck... I'm not a surgeon or a doctor so I have no idea how my results would be with a mini. I've had one person tell me they'd be great and the other says no. Both cost approximately the same, so that isn't really a factor. Decisions, decision...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


Saw my PCP last week and discussed having the...

Saw my PCP last week and discussed having the surgery with her. She was totally for it, which is comforting. I was telling her that I was unsure which doctor to go to and she gave me her personal opinion, which I fully trust. Since then I have scheduled a second consult with the first surgeon that I saw. I will be asking him why he thinks he can get away with a "mini tuck" when the other 2 surgeons I visited suggested full tucks and "substantial" lipo. I really liked this doctor the first time I saw him; he had great bed-side manner and his credentials are very good. He even sent me a letter in the mail thanking me for coming to see him and congratulating me on my weight loss and letting me know he'd be happy to answer any more questions, etc. I thought that was very nice.

If everything goes well with this visit I will probably go ahead and schedule my appointment for surgery that day. His scheduler, last visit, told me it's usually 2-3 weeks out for a surgery date and I'm seeing him June 5, so perhaps I'll have the surgery at beginning of July.

I'm so nervous and excited all at the same time. I think the emotional part of this is the hardest to handle. Some days I think it absolutely absurd that I am willing to spend so much money to fix something that people really don't even see... but my parents are on board with it and every doctor I've spoken to seem to really think I'll benefit from the surgery (but then again, they're getting paid so of course they say that, right?)

Hope everyone out there is doing well!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


Heading out to have a second consult with the...

Heading out to have a second consult with the first surgeon I saw here in about half an hour. I'm hoping to be able to schedule my procedure today if everything goes well. It is scary to think that this might actually happen!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


So I just got back from having a second consult...

So I just got back from having a second consult with the first surgeon I saw. I discussed with him that 2 other surgeons had given me different opinions than he had. He immediately said well lets go ahead and re-examine you to make sure I told you the right thing. We did another exam and he acknowledged that the other surgeon was very good and he valued his opinion, but didn't agree. I thought that was very professional of him.

Here is the plan: I'm borderline for having enough skin to be able to do a full TT. He believes I can get a great result with a mini, possibly with a bigger scar than is typical for a mini. I am totally okay with having a scar. I've had 4 previous surgeries and all of my scars are now barely noticeable. He said that if when he gets into the OR he feels like he needs to do a full he will do a full. Being that I am only 25 and have yet to have kids I feel like it is almost silly to go ahead with a full as whatever is done will probably be "undone" if/when I have kids. So, tentatively the plan is a mini TT with some lipo of the lower abdominals. He didn't feel that I needed lipo of the flanks or upper abs (yay). My pre-op is scheduled for July 2 and my operation is July 10. I would have liked for it to be a bit sooner but he is on vacation for the first week of July... at least he'll be well rested!

I would love for any "vets" out there to give me any advice they can!


ooooh, just one week after me. I'm getting excited now although nerves are hitting a bit. My pre-op is 20 June with surgery 3 July.
  • Reply

Well ladies, I go see my PS in exactly 2 weeks for...

Well ladies, I go see my PS in exactly 2 weeks for my preop and my surgery is a week after that! Typically he likes to see patients for preop 2 weeks prior to surgery but he is actually going to be out of town. I think I like that I won't have as much time between appointments to sit and stew over things, really.

Right now I don't think I even have any questions to ask of him. He has done such a great job being thorough at both of my consultations that I feel really prepared. At this point the thing I'm most concerned about if where I'm going to sleep. My parents have one of those great adjustable bed from relax the back, and I will be staying with them, but I don't think either of them would be willing to give up their spot in bed. They also have a really nice "zero gravity" recliner from the relax the back that my dad slept in following a surgery he had, however I find it a little bit hard to get out of the chair so that is probably a no-go as well. I saw an advertisement in SkyMall for an entire set of pillows that kind of turn your bed into a recliner... I'm thinking about going to try one of those out to see if I like it.

Happy healing to everyone!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


Well, I'm sucking it up and adding my before...

Well, I'm sucking it up and adding my before photos. Its hard to look at them, but I know that they may possibly help some ladies (or gents) in the future so I am happy to provide them. Of course when I look at them I find a million things wrong and say things like "well after I do my stomach I should really do my legs or my butt"... I see how this surgery stuff can be addictive! I guess I'm probably too young to really start wanting to have all of these procedures. Hopefully I can work on some of the areas I don't like so much after I get my stomach done.


WOW...you have an incredible figure, you are going to knock em dead after you've had your tt. :)
  • Reply
You are too kind! I really want to get my legs lipo-ed while I'm under... if only my surgeon would offer me some free lipo like yours :)

Just got my call reminding me about my pre-op...

Just got my call reminding me about my pre-op appointment on Monday. This really makes everything seem so real.

I told one of my close girlfriends about the surgery and I am so happy that I did. She totally understands why I am having it and has even offered to accompany me to my pre-op appointment for moral support. Its nice to know that she doesn't judge me for having the surgery.

Also, just planned a vacation to Cancun for Aug 31-Sept 5. I'll be approximately 8 weeks PO at this point. I am hoping that my swelling has gone down enough by this point to confidently rock a 2 piece swimsuit... something I haven't done, well, EVER. From all you ladies out there with experience do you think I'll be healed enough by then?

Hope everyone has a fun weekend, and happy healing!


I can't believe your pre-op is tomorrow! Holy crap, are you so excited? You look good even preop, but I totally understand wanting to take it to the next level. To quote Tina Fey, I want to have lesbian gym owner abs. :) I've never EVER had good abs, because that is where I carry weight, and especially once kids came it's like a warzone. So I totally get it. I'm excited for you that it's coming up so soon! You're getting the mini right? I wouldn't think you'd need much more than that. Keep us posted!
  • Reply
I can't believe it either! I'm so excited to get rid of this flap but at the same time I'm terrified of the surgery. I hate anesthesia and the way it makes me so "out of it" for a good 5 or so days after any procedure. I may or may not be having the mini... the doctor said he didn't feel confident telling me for sure I wouldn't need the full although he really thinks the mini will be adequate. He feels there is no muscle separation and that I probably don't have enough skin for a full but he didn't want to tell me that he is 100% confident with that so if he gets into the OR and sees that I have more skin to lose he will do a full. I'm thinking about asking him about lipo of my inner thighs when I go for preop tomorrow, too!

I had my preop appointment today. Had labs taken,...

I had my preop appointment today. Had labs taken, got prescriptions, and paid in full. The meds my PS prescribed include keflex (antibiotics, to be taken as long as drains are in), valium (for spasms, he only gave me 9 of these, I think), and demerol (for pain). He also gave me a script for Zofran (nausea med) but only for 1 pill for the morning of surgery, I may have to ask for more when I am discharged. He also has prescribed a patch for behind my ear to help with nausea.

I love that my doctor spent enough time with me to re-examine me to ensure that our game-plan was still good to go. While he was at it I discussed with him that I was concerned that after surgery my waist and stomach would be beautiful and slim but that my legs wouldn't match this new body of mine. We decided on doing a bit of lipo on my inner thighs. He told me it would not be a drastic change, only a slight change. I think that I'm okay with that. He was very adamant about not wanting to leave me with extra loose skin on my thighs, which I appreciate. We discussed doing lipo on the outer thighs but both he and his RN thought that I really didn't need it. I just have muscular legs from playing softball for 13 or so years...

I asked about drains and the bad news is that he is one of the doctors that doesn't allow for me to shower while drains are still in. I'll have to take a good long shower the day before surgery :) He said that the drains may remain in place for up to 2 weeks, so I am not looking forward to that. He told me the less I do the less drainage I'll have, but that he doesn't want me to just sit around... so that is kind of a conundrum, huh? I suppose walking a few laps around the house, to-from the bathroom, etc. will have to do.

I also saw the compression garment they have ordered for me. I guess until I added the lipo on I was just going to have the typical velcro type that wraps around you. Now, since the leggies are involved, I have to have a full on girdle/body suit thing. It goes almost all the way down to my knees. I'm not sure if there is an opening in the crotch area or not, but gosh I hope so. I can't imagine having to get in and out of that thing every time I have to go potty. I'm also a little concerned that its going to be difficult to maneuver the CG and the drains... this thing looks like a full on Spanx body suit. I did ask the nurse about it and she assured me it'd be okay, that the tubing on the drains would be long enough to come out of the top of the CG. The PS told me he would like me to wear the CG full time for 3 weeks and then during the day for 3 additional weeks.

Anyway, now this is very real, since I have paid. Quite honestly I am terrified. I went and chatted with one of my close girlfriends after my appointment and she told me "well if you weren't nervous I'd be quite worried that something is wrong with you." I guess this is true. I've had 4 surgeries in the past but none of them have made me nervous like this. I think it was scary to see on the sheet that they have booked 6 hours of OR/anesthesia time for me... that is a LONG time to be out. And I hate anesthesia!


hi there! we had chatted about doctors before...and i am so happy with your choice!! different doctor but same group that i used and i just have to say that their entire staff and nurses are just fabulous and so helpful....also, dont be alarmed about the booking for anthesiologist seeming so long....they did the same thing with me and it did not take the amount of time they had planned, and i even received a refund check from the anthesiologist group...they just like to plan for more time rather than underestimate the needs...keep me updated and i wish you much luck
  • Reply
also...you look super and i think you will be happy with the results...and i think you can definitely do the bikini by the timeframe that you mentioned...(i felt completely comfortable in bikini on vacation at 7 wks. post op) you will do super!!
yes i remember talking with you about this! i'm happy with my decision. I agree that the entire office is very professional and helpful. the other 2 doctors i saw didn't spend nearly as much time with me as dr. paulsen did. i was hoping that he was over-estimating the time... i've read so many stories from other ladies on here and i don't recall many of them having surgeries last more than 4 or so hours. i figure with a mini tummy tuck (well, possibly a full) and a small bit of lipo there was no way it would take the full 6 hours. i hope your recovery has been seamless and that you're doing well!

The countdown is still on. I'm incredibly nervous...

The countdown is still on. I'm incredibly nervous but becoming more at peace with everything. I have had a few conversations with my girlfriends as well as friends of my mother and everyone has been so supportive thus far. I'm not really sure why I'm hesitant to talk about this procedure with people... plastic surgery is probably way more common (and socially acceptable) than I realize.

So I have a question for all the ladies out there who have already had their surgeries. How long were you under anesthesia? I think that is my biggest worry right now as in the past anesthesia has really done a number on me. I am just curious because my PS quoted me 6 hours worth of time but I suppose he'd rather book more than enough time in the OR just in case it takes longer than he expects. If any of you all would be willing to share I'd be grateful for the answers.

Also what did everyone find most comfortable to wear? I'm figuring I'll be living in yoga pants for a while since they are soft and stretchy. I'm bummed that my compression garment goes down almost to my knees because that means no shorts for me... and its so dang hot here (in the 100's all week long!). I bet I'll be wearing a lot of sun dresses after I feel like getting out of the house.

This weekend I have family coming in to town to help celebrate my grandmother's 97th birthday. I am happy that I will have something to keep my mind off of the upcoming surgery. I'm definitely a worrier and the diversion will be nice. Thankfully none of these people know about my surgery so they won't ask me a million questions, either.

Happy healing to all those who are recovering.


I was under for a bit over 8 hours, but I had an extended tummy tuckand an arm lift done at the same time. Boy did it ever do a number on me. I was in and out when I finally woke up. Threw up several times (which was the worst pain that I had ever had in my life at that point in time) along with dry heaving. But they should give you something for nausea, and it helps. Once I got home later that day, I didn't feel sick at all. Just make sure you stock up on lots of juice and saltine crackers.

As for clothing to wear, I found that saying the hell with panties was best. It was just one more thing to get in the way. I wore mens boxers around the house with a tank top that has a built in bra. (but I needed this for the arm lift--couldn't exactly put on a bra). I thought that dressed would be easiest, but when you have to scoot around to get comfortable, it tends to ride up in places you don't want. But dresses are easiest for when you go out in public, if you can conseal the drains well.

Best of luck to you!
  • Reply
Oh wow 8 hours! That is a long time. I know from experience that anesthesia gives me nausea so they are definitely pre-medicating me and I will probably also ask for some Phenergan in my IV when I talk with the anesthesiologist. I can imagine that is probably very painful to be throwing up after they have just cut you open.

I hadn't thought about the dresses and bunching up like that, but it totally makes sense. Thank you for the tip!
I was only under anaesthetic around 2-3 hours. I believe the surgery lasted around 2 hours so I guess that's how long I was under. I have a vague memory of going down at about 7pm, next thing I knew it was like 10 or 11pm and my mum was on the phone in my hospital room. Very weird. I'm just 2 days post op though so not sure what the days ahead will be like but at the moment i'm doing pretty good.
  • Reply

I can't believe I go in on Tuesday for my surgery....

I can't believe I go in on Tuesday for my surgery. Was anybody else kind of living in denial before they went in? I feel like the surgery has been on my mind 24/7 since Friday, realizing this was probably going to be my last "normal" weekend of the summer. Unfortunately its been cloudy/rainy here the past few days so I haven't been able to go to the pool, an activity which will probably be lost for the rest of the summer (I'm assuming my incision is going to take a while to heal).

I imagine today I'll probably try to get things organized. So far I've picked up my meds but thats about it. I will probably go pick up a wedge pillow and a tower fan. I may also go try on swimsuits so that I can take some bottoms with me when my PS marks me.

I'm still not entirely sure where I'm going to sleep when I come home. My mom and I have discussed it many times and I think the plan is for me to spend the evenings sleeping in the sunroom (where it is nice and cool!) in my dad's "zero gravity" chair from Relax the Back. He bought this chair specifically for when he had a neck surgery and it is rather comfortable... its a motorized recliner, but it doesn't have a lift. I've slept in this chair after my previous 3 surgeries but I'm not sure how great it'll be for this one, its made for someone taller than I am so it is kind of difficult to get up out of it. I think if I put a wedge/support pillow behind me it'll be okay. If that doesn't work out we have 2 other recliners in the house or I could build a pillow fortress on the couch. During the day, for a change of scenery, I'll probably hang out in my parents room because they have a relax the back adjustable bed (essentially a hospital bed but with an awesome mattress). I hate being cooped up inside so hopefully I don't go stir crazy! Last time I had surgery I walked laps around the house because I just couldn't handle sitting around all day, but I think I drove everyone crazy doing it!

I'll get a call tomorrow to confirm my surgery time but as of right now I am his first case on Tuesday so I'll be in his office at 6:40 and then taken to his operating suite soon after. AHHHHHHHHHH!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


Sorry to bore everyone (well is anyone even...

Sorry to bore everyone (well is anyone even reading this?!) with another update today. Feeling anxious about the upcoming surgery so thought I would just check in here as it always seems to make me feel better.

I've been wanting a new swimsuit for a while and my mom and I decided to go to Dillard's today to see what they had. We figured stuff would be on sale since it was after the holiday, and indeed everything was 40% off. I was hesitant about trying stuff on since my body will (hopefully) be a lot different come Tuesday. However since I have a trip planned to Mexico for the end of August I figured I may as well shop now. It was weird to try things on and say well imagine it like this and pull all my skin down and spread my thighs further apart haha. I ended up buying 2 cute suits (its hard to find ones that fit the boobies!) and also 2 dresses and a beach cover up. I'm posting more before pics in one of the suits I bought so that I can use it for comparison as I recover. I have not worn a 2 piece swimsuit in forever!

Just took my last bath for a while and shaved my legs and pits. One of my relaxation tools is baths, and when I feel crummy I just want a nice warm bathtub to soak in. Oh well I suppose that won't be possible for a few weeks. My PS says no shaving 24 hours before surgery, I guess probably due to risk of infection.

Also, I just realized I'm not sure on some of my instructions for taking my drugs. Did you all start your antibiotics day of surgery? I imagine they'll be giving me IV antibiotics during surgery? The label from the pharmacy just says "take 2 tablets by mouth daily" and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to start them tomorrow or after surgery. I suppose I will call the PS office in the AM to double check.


Hey you. Not long now huh. I was undergeneral anaesthetic about 2-3 hours. I had full tt, lipo to upper abs and hips. I still barely see bruising, my ps must have been careful with the lipo. I have found the whole experience so far, so much easier than expected, I hope you have as easy a time as I seem to be having. Is there anything you are worried about? I'm more than happy to answe anything according to my own experience. Hope it goes smoothly for you tomorrow. x
  • Reply

I don't think I've ever been this nervous before...

I don't think I've ever been this nervous before in my life. In all of my past surgeries I've been somewhat anxious but never felt like this! I have to be at the surgery center tomorrow at 6:40 am... I'm not sure I"ll even sleep tonight though. Maybe I need a Xanax. Too bad my PS didn't prescribe any!

Today I went to the gym for the last time and did a good 75 minutes of cardio. I thought for sure it would help ease my nerves, and I suppose it did for the time being. I was also on a liquid diet today and only was able to drink 2 protein shakes and a bite of cottage cheese, I just have no appetite. I feel like I have a ton a bricks sitting in my stomach!

Other than working out I've spent today trying to get things in order. Changed all my linens, washed the rug that goes in my bedroom, doing laundry, etc. I also prepared jell-o (everyones favorite, right?!) for tomorrow so I can have a little to eat with my meds after I come home.

Biggest concerns right now about the surgery (these may be totally irrational so feel free to laugh at/with me): (1) how long I'll be under... still hoping that it doesn't not last the scheduled SIX HOURS!, (2) being able to use the bathroom while wearing compression garment (more like a body suit, (3) not showering for however long I have drains, (4) DRAINS, (5) finding a quiet/comfortable place to relax after surgery... I'm staying with my parents and unfortunately their house is under construction. Tomorrow is a painting day so I hope the fumes don't get to me.

Anywho going to try and relax now and try not to worry. Before bed tonight I have to put on my anti-nausea patch as well as take a zantac. In the morning its another zantac and a zofran and then off to the flatlands. I would appreciate any and all prayers/ positive thoughts/ good karma that are sent my way! Will try to check in tomorrow but who knows how loopy I'll be?


Congrats on your weightloss! Don't worry you're going to do terrific tomorrow! We're all praying for you! ((BIG HUG)) cant wait to see your results:)
  • Reply

Morning all! It is currently 6:06 central time and...

Morning all! It is currently 6:06 central time and I am getting ready to head to the surgery center in about 15-20 minutes. I hardly slept a wink last night... off and on maybe 4.5 hours. Good think I'll get a good long nap today. I am extremely nervous but excited to see the bulge go. Hopefully I'll be able to check in later but I'm sure I'll bit just a bit groggy (or a lot!).

Here's hoping that everything goes smoothly.


Hey girlie just wanted to check on you to see how you're doing. Hope all is well with your recovery. Keep us posted when u can:)
  • Reply
Hey girl!! Hope everything is ok....post when you can :) I'm anxious to hear how the surgery went!
  • Reply
Hey girl!!! There are a bunch of us on here biting our nails!!! LOL. Hope you are doing well, sleeping easy and smiling big! Post as soon as you can k? =)
  • Reply

Sorry to be MIA since surgery day, but I am alive....

Sorry to be MIA since surgery day, but I am alive. I've had a rough go-round but I will try to update you all.

Day of surgery (Tuesday)-- arrived a 6:45 to surgery center. Promptly met with anesthesia and was marked by Dr. Paulsen. Had a lovely chat with the friendly nurses and then was off to sleep. I think surgery started around 8:00 and I was in recovery around 1:00. I was told he was able to do the mini, didn't have to touch my BB, and lipo-ed my inner thighs and abdomen. Stayed in recovery until 2:00ish and got lots of meds for nausea (like 3 doses in an hour). Went home with my parents and parked myself in the recliner, where I've been since (my back hates me!). Around 4:00 am I noticed I had lots of pain my left calf and it was obviously swollen. Start freaking out about DVT and call PS who says we should go to ER. Go to ER where I am met by PS. Sit in ER for a while where they tell me I'm going to have to get cut out of my CG... PS says no way and he helps the nurse take it off of me. PS decides to rip of all my dressings while I'm there to check things out. A-okay except that I'm in tons of pain. Sit around and wait for doppler ultrasound (tech doesn't arrive until 7 am). Go back to my holding room (transporter very nice about taking it easy over bumps on long ride) and wait for ER doc to tell me no clot was seen. ER peeps can't figure out how to get me back in CG so they redress wounds and I leave wearing 2 hospital gowns and go to PS' office where they help me put it back on. Tell me they don't need to see me until Monday but to clean wound on Thursday at home.

Wednesday/Thursday- nothing much to report. Everything kind of blurs together. Tried to clean incision on Thursday but really wanted the doc to do it so decide to go into PS on Friday.

Friday- Finally starting to feel a little bit like a real person again. Go to PS's office for wound care. Apparently the tape they had used in the ER to hold gauze onto my incision caused my skin to blister. Also CG was waaayyyy to tight around abdomen so has rubbed my skin raw. Nurse decides this isn't good and goes to talk to PS who is in surgery. I wait for like an hour laying on exam table. Haven't had pain meds, ow. PS comes in and pokes on me and notices skin is gone... uh oh not good. So after all this he decided it would be better to let my skin heal on its own with no compression. I am to see him on Monday but for the weekend I am CG free... kind of nice but also frightening.

So there it is. I still have both drains in. I'm a little worried because since I emptied them (well my dad emptied them, what a trooper!) at 8 pm last night I haven't had hardly any drainage at all. I know that it is normal to stop draining eventually but I didn't think it'd be normal to go from 25 cc/12 hours to nothing? There aren't any kinks or anything so I'm wondering if its just from not having any compression garment? I haven't looked at my tummy yet but my mom says it looks great even with the bruising. I feel so strange because of the numbness.


Oh my goodness, you poor girl. You have been through so much this week. I hope this next week goes smoother. So glad the PS met you in the ER & helped take off the garment. He will probably put you back in one when you see him again. Drink lots of fluids.
  • Reply

Today marks one week since surgery. Overall I am...

Today marks one week since surgery. Overall I am doing pretty well, especially considering all that has happened!

Yesterday I went to the PS for a "check up". Had to wait a really long time, which was frustrating and not customary for his office. I left pretty annoyed because neither of my drains were removed. Both of them have only been draining about 20 cc/24 hours. His protocol is to remove drains when they have been draining 25 cc/24 hours (or less) for 3 consecutive days, and one of mine clearly met this criteria. However he also doesn't like to remove drains before 1 week post-op. He kept looking at my log and saying "hmmmm" and then he told me to come back Wednesday (tomorrow) to have the right one removed and next Monday for the other one. I don't understand why he is leaving the left one in for so long when it is hardly draining. Hopefully he will change his mind. He did remove the stitches from the spots where the lipo cannula was inserted, but that was it.

I am still not in a compression garment and will not be until my drains are removed. I wish he would let me wear one now because I have to wear it 24 hours/day for 3 weeks and I'd like to get a start on that. He will not be putting me back in the one I had on after surgery because it caused so much damage (I will try and post a pic). He told me I could burn it :) Instead I will just be wearing Spanx or something similar... I'm quite happy about that!

I'm completely off pain pills and only take the occasional valium to help me relax at night. Last night I slept in my bed for the first time (with a bunch of pillows, of course). I can't lie completely flat but its much better than the recliner! I am probably walking about 85-90% straight. I think I'd be further along if it weren't for the darn back pain, which may be worse than any of the other pain I've felt thus far.

I haven't seen my incision yet. My PS laughed when I told him that yesterday. I told him I really didn't want to look yet. I caught a glimpse of the bruising and such on my abdomen yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but still pretty gross. My mom and friends who have seen it assure me it looks great. I honestly can't tell a difference yet but hopefully will soon. I can say my legs don't look any different and I'm not sure I'd elect to the lipo if I had the option again, but it never caused me any pain either so at least I didn't suffer for nothing.

Hope everyone is healing well!


Patience my sweet friend, I'm sure there is a method to his(PS)'s madness. If you remove the drains too soon you can get a seroma(collection of fluid with no where to go) under the skin & he will have to insert a needle into it and aspirate it. He has probably done it many times on others & doesn't want you to go through any more than you already have. The compression garment is to help push the skin back in place, the longer you wear it the better. I know he says 3 weeks but the longer you wear it the better you will look later on. Don't be in such a hurry, beauty takes time & the body has to heal. I still have one drain on PO day 8. I am hoping they take it out tomorrow but I won't hold my breath. Girl, you paid good money for this & you want the best results possible so just be patient. I love that you are feeling better but take it from an RN of twenty years, you don't want seromas that can also get infected. Take it easy & post pics of your cute flat tummy soon. The incision is impressive, I am in awe of mine. Us women are so much stronger then men. Ha Ha Ha!
  • Reply
Oh girl, I was so worried! I told my husband about you and worried I might need to start googling your username to make sure you're okay. :) I'm so glad you're alright! it sounds like it was crappy at first, but seems like the worst is over. I can't wait to see that tummy in all its glory!
  • Reply
Thanks for worrying about me! My family sure wasn't worried haha. It was definitely a little crappy at first but now its a-okay. In fact I feel so good that I'm BORED sitting in the house. However, I'm only a week P.O. so I know I shouldn't over-do it and I'm trying to lay low. I'll post tummy pics probably when I get drains out!

Saw my PS today to get out my right drain. I can't...

Saw my PS today to get out my right drain. I can't say that it really hurt, but it definitely burned very badly when the very end of it came out. It lasted for only a second though so I really can't complain. Right now I am scheduled to have my left drain removed on Monday but my PS told me to call on Friday and update him on my output. If I stay


Today at my preop my PS informed me he doesn't do CGs either- at all! He doesn't do drains either! If I didn't totally trust him, I'd think he was crazy. I guess the CG can actually cause more problems with circulation and scarring, so he skips it. He and your PS must be on the same wavelength there. Do you have to return to work soon? I hope you can relax a bit more...
  • Reply
It does seem weird that he doesn't have you in the CG right now, but each doctor is different. My doctor didn't pull my first tummy drain until 2 weeks out, then the other one a week later. He said that when one is pulled, there tends to be a lot more fluid coming out of the other side, so he doesn't like to pull them at the same time. And he was right. I had him take the right side out first because the stitches that help it in broke when I went to the ER, and it was leaking anyway. The left side was only putting out drops per day at the time that the right was pulled. But the day the right side was pulled, the left started putting out over 30cc's for the first few days. So hang in there. There is a reason for the craziness.
And as for seeing your tummy- I was freaked out a little to see mine, so I just had my mom (when she was helping me change the padding) take a picture of it with my phone (the picture is on my review--blurry, but can still see). It was easier seeing a picture than seeing the real thing. At least, it was for me.

Good luck and Happy Healing!
  • Reply
He told me today that my drain that is left in place may or may not have an increase in output since the other was pulled. So far it hasn't picked up much (but then again its only been 9 or so hours, so there is still time!) I feel like I am spoiled since I haven't had to wear a CG yet (this is not his normal protocol, just trying to let my skin heal up a bit, he doesn't want me to have any permanent indentations). I'm sure when I get my drain out and have to put on the CG I'll wish I didn't have to wear it. I'm just happy my drain is out because for some reason the right side was much more uncomfortable than the left. I've caught a few glimpses of the tummy, just haven't seen all of the incision yet. I think I'll be able to handle it better once I don't have tubes coming out of me-- that is what freaks me out!

So I think I'm in swell hell. Or I gained like 15...

So I think I'm in swell hell. Or I gained like 15 pounds overnight. My love handles look HUGE (and I didn't really have any before the surgery so I'm hoping its swelling?) I have been watching what I eat, sticking to only lean protein, fruits, and veggies. Before surgery I already avoided sugar and "white" carbs anyway. I know my mom accidentally slipped me a small bit of vanilla yogurt with my meds one day, which has sugar, but I was too tired to complain so I ate it.

Considering I've been up and around so much (running errands, visiting with friends/family, etc). I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I need to learn to relax but gosh I just get so bored! I am tired of watching TV but I feel like my attention span isn't good enough to read-- still kind of foggy from anesthesia and pain pills. My one drain that is still in has hardly put anything out today (


Ewozobski, How are you feeling now? You coping with everything. So glad things seem to be good for you. I totally understand your boredom. I have found that is one of the worst things with this whole thin. I'm going crazy stuck indoors with tv tv and more tv. I am desperate to be able to just go about doing normal stuff. It's getting better. Saw the surgeon yesterday and unfortunately our car is in the garage so hubby couldn't take me so i got the bus and the train there. It felt so good to be "out". Feel like i'm imprisoned in my own home. Luckily the bus stop is just in the next street and the train station I come out at is right next door to the surgeons office so didnt need to walk around too much but it felt good. :)
  • Reply
I bet it was nice to get in a little walk on your way to your appointment. I've never been one to sit around and I am young so I am terribly bored since I cannot really go out with my friends. I am beginning to feel more "normal" but not quite up to full speed so that makes things difficult as well. Additionally I seem to be struggling with sleeping issues (hence why I am responding to your comment at 4:00 am!). I don't want to become dependent on sleeping aids so I'm just going to wait it out.
4am....wow. It's 11am here. I keep getting hundreds of email updates in the middle of the night. I always wake up in the morning to like 80 emails from realself. HA!! It's funny with the time difference from over there to here. I have hardly slept in 2 weeks....I always sleep on my side on my tummy which is obviously not possible right now but i must have been so exhausted last nigth i slept through. I have resisted taking something to help me sleep too. Hopefully i will get a decen sleep again tonight. It has made such a huge difference to how i feel today. Hope you manage to sleep better too...it's awful when you are tired. Take your time...I have!! You'll get there. HUGS

Despite hardly draining ANYTHING (< 20 cc/24...

Despite hardly draining ANYTHING (< 20 cc/24 hours) my PS still would not take my drain out today. He wants to wait until Monday. Now I know I just have to get through the weekend with it, which in the grand scheme of things is not very long, but for some reason it has really upset me. My other drain was draining this amount when he took it out so I'm not exactly sure why he won't pull the other one. I was so looking forward to being drain-free for this weekend. I have family visiting from over seas so of course we will be having lots of got togethers with people I don't see often. I don't want to have to answer questions about why I have tubing coming out from under my shirt or that sort of thing. It is very hard for me to hide my drain because I don't even have CG to clip it to. I was so looking forward to going to our family dinner this evening and when I got word I'd still have this drain in my attitude did a complete 180.

I know that if this is the worst thing that happens to me then I should be counting my blessings. Many ladies keep their drains far longer than the 2 weeks I will have had mine when it is removed. I have no idea why but this has just been a really hard day for me. I feel so cooped up and useless. My mom and dad have pretty much stopped helping me with anything (i.e. I've had to cook dinner for myself, and them, the past 3 nights) even though by the end of the day I am all hunched over and exhausted. I feel as though perhaps my mom even resents me, or is jealous of me, because I had this done. She is one of the reasons I've had body issues in the past and I'm sure she would absolutely love to be able to have plastic surgery.

Also, I feel like I'm getting FAT just being around the house all day unable to workout or do anything. My appetite has been outrageous lately and I'm trying to give my body the nutrients it needs to heal, but I've given myself a few treats too. Nothing huge, just a few spoonfuls of pecan butter and a handful or two of chocolate chips with my yogurt. I haven't stepped on a scale because I know I'm swollen as all get out, but I"m terrified of putting on weight while I heal!

Hoping someone has some positive and encouraging words for me?


Oh sweetheart.....those bad days are the worst. I feel similar. Not the same situation but those feelings of just being ready to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Regarding your caregivers, I know it's hard for me but they need to realize you NEED them. I'm so sorry they're not putting forth 100%. It's hard to find a good caregiver so your feelings are very valid and by NO means should you be doing much for yourself just yet :(. I hope you get through this sooner rather than later. Just keep yourself emotionally in tact and if that means locking yourself in a room alone then so be it. Stay strong! I hope they get a grip and take good care of you soon.
  • Reply
Thanks for the kind words. Today I did in fact just keep to myself in my room-- watched some tv, napped, read my book, etc. My parents automatically assumed that I must be ill or something was seriously wrong. I pointed out to them that it has been less than 2 weeks since my surgery, which was quite extensive. My mom replied "yes but you've been doing so much up until this point so why are you acting like this now?". I told her I was entitled to have a few down/bad days every once in a while and that I have been probably been doing way too much and just needed to relax today. I don't know if she really got it, but oh well. I'm sure I'll feel 100x better tomorrow after this drain comes out!
You will feel better but please take it easy! I overdid it when my drains came out and paid the price w lots of pain that night lol! Good luck tomorrow.

Saw the PS today to have the second drain removed....

Saw the PS today to have the second drain removed. Yay! I thought I'd feel a million times better immediately, but unfortunately I don't. I'm now in the CG which is quite tight, I just think it will take me some time to get used to it. PS wants me to wear it as close to 24 hours a day as I can for a month straight. Fun fun, right? I wish I had been wearing it the whole time with the drains because then I'd be halfway finished with the darn thing. Oh well. He told me to make sure and take it easy because even though I feel good. I need to let my body rest for the swelling to go down (speaking of swelling, holy crap! i hope i'm super swollen or else i'm just super fat now). I did ask if I could go back to the gym and vetoed that as quick as he could. He told me to wait a few more weeks. I'm assuming at my next appointment (2 weeks from today) he may allow me to go back to light workouts. I go this Friday for my follow-up doppler ultrasound to verify that I don't have a DVT.

Since I'm so sedentary lately I'm worried about my calorie intake. I'm afraid to eat because I am not doing anything. I tracked my calories today and before dinner they were about 850 and for dinner I had a few ounces of steak and a schmear of goat cheese spread. This put me around 1200. When I track my calories I tend to overestimate my portions just in case so you can give or take a hundred or so calories from this number. Do you ladies think this is enough? I know I need to fuel my body for recovery but I'm not exercising or anything so I don't have much of an appetite anyway... pretty much forcing myself to eat because I know I need to. The last thing I want to do is get fat after having a surgery to enhance my appearance.


Regarding calories: your body needs them in order to recover. Period. I learned this from my surgeon. You need a LOT of calories but they need I be quality. So, in my case, I had 2500 calories yesterday (I normally have 1250), but they were 90% from veggies and fruit, an the rest from lean meats and a couple of starchy items (a couple pretzels and an eggo). So please, eat an worry about quality of calories v quantity. You will NOT get fat. Gym time will come when your doc says you're ready (I know the feeling I'm dying to go running!). Hang in there hon!!
  • Reply
My typos suck lol
No worries about the typos, I didn't even notice! I already don't eat anything processed or white (carbs only coming from fruits and veggies) so I find it pretty hard to get my calories up. On top of that I have struggled in the past with "exercise bulimia"... working out 3+ hours a day and only eating 500-700 calories. That is actually what caused my lose skin! I'm since over that, but it really ruined my metabolism so I'm always afraid to eat too much. I know I can't let myself go but perhaps I shouldn't worry so much right now.

Things aren't getting any easier today. Got a...

Things aren't getting any easier today. Got a phone call that my grandmother (who just turned 97) took a turn for the worse this morning. I have spent all day at her house with my mom, aunt, great aunt, and my grandmother's caregivers just kind of waiting for things to happen. This means I've been up on my feet all day fetching things my grandmother wanted to eat or drink, helping my great aunt get her walker in the car, running errands (first day driving!) etc. I was there from about 10:00 this morning until 10:30 this evening. I am exhausted, both mentally and emotionally. This is no good for getting my swelling down! It's always hard to watch a love one struggle, no matter how old they are.

I know this pretty much has nothing to do with my TT but I feel like this forum is a great place to vent about anything and everything. On a TT note- HOLY SWELL HELL. I'm so ready for it to start to go down. I honestly still have a pooch, I'm assuming from the swelling. So frustrating though because I have yet to see my tummy flat.


Ewibowski it sounds like you have a lot on you your plate. Hopefully your family will understand that you're still healing & take some of the burdon off of you. I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandms. We're all here for u if u just need someone to talk to or anything. By the way your pics look fantastic! Your tummy looks so good!
  • Reply
Thanks...when it rains it pours, right? Its nice to know everyone here can be a support network for each other, even if we don't really know one another personally. It sounds like you are doing awesome for only being a few days PO! Keep on truckin'!
Hang in there ewo~ Remember...you are going to be wearing bikini's...and pretty panties...and pants and skirts and shirts without having to worry about your "muffin.." ever again!! Your body is recovering from half of it being cut off. You are not going to get fat because from what I see that you are eating...its just not going to happen. Its your days of swell hell. You can and will get through those days. Lucky you to not have your drains in tho. I still have both of mine and I am one week today. I am looking at NOT getting them out til Friday....I hope.
You know the one thing that just irritates me? Is when I tell someone, and I have only told a few people, and the first thing they say is, "you dont need that...you dont look like you need that at all..." Well, I didnt tell you for your opinion, first of all, and what the hell do you know what I need? I know, outspoken and my mouth gets in the way at times...lol. Its like they think we want to get sawed in half for fun...OMGeee! Yeah, thats it...lol
Girl you have come a long way already. Being on this forum, posting, and seeing others posts have prepared you for this journey...you just gotta walk it now and remember that you are going to get through this too. And now, I have to go back and read what I wrote so I can apply it to myself...HA! I am having bad days too and must follow my own advice right? =) This too shall pass....this is what I have waited for...this is all a part of the journey to that flat stomach and wearing clothes without hiding or tucking my tummy anymore....We can do this EWO!!!
  • Reply

I know everyone has said that recovering from this...

I know everyone has said that recovering from this surgery takes patience, and I knew that going into this, but GEEZ! I am so freakin' swollen that I feel like I look pregnant. Unfortunately my grandmother passed away this past Thursday so I probably haven't been getting as much rest as I need to be. In the days leading up to her death I was running all around the house gathering whatever she asked for or wanted and driving around town running errands. Yesterday was the funeral so was on my feet pretty much all day (in heels no less). We still have family in town so unfortunately I haven't had time to just lay in bed or put my feet up. I am so worried that I am ruining my healing process and that I'm doomed to look pregnant forever.

I went and tried on some clothes today and on top I'm wearing a size small but on bottom I'm still like a 10... but not an attractive 10, like a you-might-be-pregnant-but-i'm-not-sure 10. ugh. i'm starting to worry if i should have requested that my PS had done a full TT regardless of how much skin i had. i feel so fat and gross. shouldn't my swelling be considerably less now? ugh. but on a positive note i did manage to wear my jean shorts today, but i had to roll up the legs on CG, which was super uncomfortable.


I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I returned to work one week after surgery and was so swollen I couldn't wear the vast majority of my pre-surgery clothing. I had to dig into the back of my closet for clothes that have been too big to wear. After about a week of that I managed to wear clothes that I wore prior to surgery, and now on a good day my clothes are way too big. You will turn the corner shortly. Try to get some rest, it makes a huge difference. I've read that it really takes about 2 months for the majority of the swelling to diminish. I was so discouraged when I read that, but I've seen huge improvement in my swelling in the past week. Hang in there!
  • Reply
Hi, I read your review and I am happy you didn't have the full TT. You are so young and this will probably not be that last surgery you'll ever have. Trust me pregnancy it is not easy and to have your muscle tight it will make it worst latter. Read reviews of women on their 40's or 50' to read and see what pregnancy done to their bodies without having muscles repared. As you I am a successful story with HCG but I gained my weight now in purpose to have a TT while keeping my natural shape of my but. I could feel from your story how much you want a sexy body and you are sexy. I'm not an expert by any meaning but TT was not for you. The mini tt and lipo should be enough for you as you did. Just give it some time and you'll definitely see the result. You are a very attractive woman and youth is on your side. Please keep a smile on your face . Laughs are the best medicine and it's free:-].
  • Reply
Thanks zizi! Its nice to have reassurance from others. Also nice to connect with other HCG-ers, not everyone understands us!

Long time no write tummy tuckers! Sorry I've been...

Long time no write tummy tuckers! Sorry I've been MIA. Not too much to report. Still super swollen :(

Had my one month PO check up with the PS today. I'm happy to report that he cleared me for "light exercise", meaning walking on the treadmill and light arm weights. He specifically told me not to get too sweaty, which will be hard for me since I like to work out pretty hard. He says everything looks good but that in due time he may want to go in and do a little bit more lipo of the lower abs. He was concerned during the operation with keeping the blood flow in tact so he didn't go too aggressively with the lipo. He said it is still early to tell if the area is too "full" because of all the swelling. He seemed very pleased though, which is good. I'm not too happy with my thighs, I wish he would have done more lipo. Perhaps we can revisit that if he needs to go in and lipo more on my tummy.

Big event of the weekend: went out to a wine bar with my girlfriend on Saturday and when I got out of the car she heard some guy saying "wow look at the beautiful girl in the black dress"... now I didn't hear this for myself but I'm assuming she didn't just make it up. Made me feel good despite still feeling HUGE. I'm 4 weeks PO and feel like maybe my swelling should have gone down a bit more by now... but I suppose not being able to wear my CG for 2 weeks didn't help. I'm just hoping I look decent by the time I go to Mexico at the end of the month.

I'm posting pics for everyone to see. I think my scar looks pretty fab! My BB seems to be rather long and narrow, not sure what that's about. Totally forgot to ask today. Doesn't really bother me that much, though. I'm hoping that my hips are just really swollen still... or i've managed to pack on the pounds. I haven't gotten on the scale because I know I"m still swollen. I've been pretty good with my eating, so I'm hoping I haven't gained much (or any!)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


I'm starting to get beyond frustrated with the...

I'm starting to get beyond frustrated with the swelling! I have been wearing my CG 24/7 for the past 3 weeks now and I honestly don't see a difference in swelling. Does anyone out there have any tips for getting it to subside more quickly? It scares me that my PS mentioned going back in for more lipo the last time I saw him. What if this isn't really swelling? I'm fairly certain it is though because I can't grab it like you can a roll of fat. I am going to Cancun in ~3 weeks and want to be able to wear my 2 piece without looking like a pregnant woman!

I've been back to the gym 4 times this past week... just walking 3 miles and doing arm weights. A week from Tuesday I can start increasing my workouts as tolerated, YAY!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.


Hello all you tummy-tuckers! Tomorrow marks 6...

Hello all you tummy-tuckers! Tomorrow marks 6 weeks post op. So far I have been unable to really see any true results. I am so freaking swollen it is ridiculous. My upper abs are hard as a rock. My lower abs are slightly less hard but swollen nonetheless. As of today I am allowed to take my compression garment off when I'm sitting around at home, which is quite a relief. However, I'm wondering if I should wear it 24/7 because of my swelling? I am also allowed to increase my workouts, as tolerated, starting tomorrow. I may have disobeyed the doctor a bit last week and starting increasing my workouts already, oops. My mom seems to think I am over-doing it at the gym, which could be contributing to my ridiculous swelling. Its hard to limit myself because when I'm at the gym I feel great! Today I did 45 minutes of cardio (low resistance on the elliptical but kept my heart rate around 150-155) and 45 minutes or so of weights/strength moves. Do you ladies think that is too much for this point? I didn't feel any pain or soreness (and I didn't have any muscle repair done, so no worries there). I think I need to chill out and maybe go "water walking" or something with less impact until my swelling resolves. I know it can take a while but I'm ready to see some results! Hope everyone else is doing well.


I have some all natural products that will show you results. If interested message me , i have personal before and after pictures showing what it does :-)
  • Reply
hey girl! Your scar looks awesome for one thing. And your tummy is going to be super flat, as soon as the swelling subsides. Your before wasn't horrible, so the improvement isn't going to be as drastic immediately for you, but it will be there for sure. For some of us, we looked so bad preop that literally anything would have been an improvement. I can see that your tummy looks totally different. Hang in there girl and keep at it at the gym. I can't wait to be working out hard again- feels soooo good!
  • Reply
Thanks for the encouragement! I am super happy with the way my scar looks, not so happy with the swelling. I just wish there was something I could do to help it subside more quickly! Your pics look so good!
Dr. Stephen Paulsen

So far my experience with Dr. Paulsen has been great. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses to the doctor himself have been so friendly and willing to assist me with any questions or concerns that I have had. Dr. Paulsen never acts like he is too busy to answer questions and will spend as much time with you as is needed.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? 2 others found this helpful