The Worst Decision of My Life

I got a Fat Transfer under my eyes from a...

I got a Fat Transfer under my eyes from a respected Los Angeles surgeon. I never thought I looked bad, but there was some minor hollowing mainly around the outer oribital rim which would make me look a bit unrested sometimes. I was told this was a straightforward procedure, with few risks, and that I'd be looking great after about 3 weeks of swelling and bruising.

Here's what I wasn't told.. that there is a chance to develop balls of fat that look like horrible lumps under my eyes. I also wasn't told that the tissue under the eye can stain from the bruising causing a hue of bluish purple haze that now needs concealer to fully cover.

I'm two months post op and have been working with a specialist to remove the lumps, and to fill in the mistakes with Restylane.

My advice is to avoid fat transfer under the eyes. Don't make my mistake. Use dermal fillers like Restylane in the hands of professional. Make sure you see tons of before and afters of your injection. And if you didn't get it.. avoid fat transfer. I've had the worst two months of my life.

Hello, I am so sorry for that.. Could you please post photos before and after to understand and inform who was your doctor? It is important to know what implications this surgery has, please help us, not many doctors show bad results, thank you !
RockDude...I am so glad that Dr. Hoenig was able to help you. I wish he was still taking patients, but about a month ago, he started referring fat transfer repair patients to other doctors. Apparently he got weary of patients not being completely satisfied with the results. I guess that could get tedious after a while. Apparently, its almost impossible to get back to how you looked before the transfer...and expectations were too high. I am seeing one of the doctors he recommended and trying 5FU. So far not much result, but I'm going to try one more shot before I give up. I'm going to ask him about using the agressive "smashing" routine next appt. He hasn't tried that yet. Thank you for posting...its very helpful to those of us still fighting to get our faces back. Much appreciated. Its gives us hope to hear a success story.
The specialist I went to was Dr. Jonathan Hoenig, who is the best in the biz. The main treatment that reduced the lumps was very aggressive "smashing" of the lumps with my fingers, as directed by the Dr. Please note that I would NOT recommend doing this without the guidance of a Dr! Then I got some 5FU. The lumps are still there, but have lessened over time. Restylane was used to help disguise them as well.