Don't Do It! Gave Me a Chubby/pig Look After Fat to the Cheeks

I had a fat transfer procedure done 3 months ago...

I had a fat transfer procedure done 3 months ago to the cheeks and I'm praying it will all dissolve and go away. However, I'm already consulting another plastic surgeon to see what they can do to correct the pig look this fat grafting did. I wish I did more research to realize that the satisfaction rating for this procedure is very low. I had fat placed in my cheeks and trust me, it looks awful.

What most people don't realize is that when you change a feature on your face, it highly impacts everything else, and not always in a positive way. The end result of my procedure gave me chubby cheeks and that pig look. This is actually quite common from my more recent research. If you're thinking about this, go to someone that specializes in doing faces only, but even then I would think twice until this procedure improves.

Boston male, I'm in a similar boat. I understand what you're saying. I think I'd have to become a bonafide anorexic before my own pig look wears off. It's been one year almost for me. How much would you say your dr added and how much do you believe it dissipated?
I'm looking into various removal methods myself. I'm trying non invasive ones for now, until I finish with things and can go to consult for more serious correction.
quno
I think Cecil is being naive here, or clearly doesn't understand what fat grafting is. Exercise and diet aren't going to reduce the fat (I exercise 6 days a week, and follow a strict diet). It's now been 1 year and 3 weeks post treatment and I've not seen any changes, e.g. reduction in fat. Of course, if you wanted the fat to stay, this would be awesome, but not so in my case. Might bode Cecil well to do some homework before posting comments.
I'm curious too. What percentage of the fat do you think reabsorbed?

And also, if you're looking into lipo for the excess fat, I'd say be careful. I'm in a bad situation after facial lipo and 1.5 years later, I have practically no natural fat left on my face from atrophy post procedure. I think after the initial results, the injured fat not intended to be lipo'd out dies off resulting in an emaciated, 3rd wold country citizen look.

Well, I'm 1 year and 8 months post the fat...

Well, I'm 1 year and 8 months post the fat grafting. The lumpiness has gone, and I look better than at the beginning, but still have the chubby cheeks. If this procedure was something I was happy with, I guess I would be very excited with the longevity of the fat graft. However, that's not the case here. My guess is that at 20 months post surgery, I'm stuck with this. I think the worst part about this is that surgeons will overfill with the expectation that a good portion will be absorbed back in to the body. Unfortunately, that didn't happen with me.

I ended up getting a cheek reduction with microliposuction and couldn't be happier. No more chubby cheeks. Note that diet and exercise will not reduce the fat after fat grafting.
Hi nick- may i ask who did your microlipo for the cheeks? thanks!
Hi, it was Dr. Hunstad at the Hunstad Kortesis center.
Boston Plastic Surgeon

I wouldn't recommend this doctor for fat transfer because I don't believe this is his speciality.