Long-lasting Fat Graft

I had no idea that "fat" could do so...

I had no idea that "fat" could do so much. I only knew I no longer had any on my face and I looked unhealthy, unattractive. I really thought my only recourse was a facelift. I had f/g along with plasma resurfacing, Botox and conservative lip augmentation. I am one year out, as they say. I look fantastic, if I do say so! Sorry, but I'll throw modesty out the window and speak frankly. I look 10 times better than I did before adding precious fat to my face. I recommend anyone experiencing volume loss just forget about temporary fillers and go for fat. Choose your doctor wisely--go with someone who makes this a specialty, someone with copious experience.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

This doctor seems to be the teacher of this industry. But why does he charge so much? I know you get what you pay for, but $8700? I see others comment on here and average price is $2500...

Sorry have been traveling and no time for email! They say you keep less than 1/2 the first time, yes I kept about 35-40%? But as a smoker that is Great odds... no lumps, now at 6+ months I'm still very happy - wish under my eyes it kept more, but also they do say IF you have a second fat fill, more stays as you have already built up the blood supply from 1st time -- No money for that, so I'm glad I did it all in 1 shot. Have a ton of photo's posted in MrsBoots on another plastic surgery board -- will try to get a before and after up here too! WELL worth it, but PAY alot to get the best doc you can :-)

Hi, did you need any follow up touch up's? Generally some fat is always absorbed and touch up's required after 3-4 months. If so, was extra charge for those, or included in original cost. No dumpling or lumping? Love to see some posted photo's.
Hi -- Thank you for posting your experience with Dr. Lam. I'm also considering having a full fat transfer. I'm still trying to figure out if he is the right person for the job. Can you please message me and tell me more about your experience and how long you were "in hiding". I will need to get back to work quickly. How long were you swollen and bruised? Thanks!
Hi there, would you mind to send me some before and after pics? My cheeks need some filling as well. I am not sure if I should go with sculptra or fat graft. I wonder how long does fat transfer last and also how long was your recovery time? Thanks,
I'm on the side of YES!!! for fat fill!! Had general anthesthia with full face laser (erburim Yag) resurfacing, and extensive fat fill to my face on Feb 1. 2 weeks later OMG I LOVE IT! She even snuck some into my lips :-) For those that it didn't work for... what type of doc did you see? What results were in writing? etc... VERY Impressed and Happy like you -- I don't know why more are unhappy? What were their expectations? What else did they have done... But for me, BEST thing I have done for myself EVER in my life!
Hi: Can you send me your pictures? Who was your doctor? What kind of technique did they use? How long did they say that the FAT TRANSFER would last? I need to find SOMEONE REPUTABLE, ETHICAL, HONEST & WHO will do an EXCELLENT job in transferring fat to my face which will last (hopefully for 10 years)...Plus who is reasonably priced. I AM PRAYING!!!

Hi, SouthernCal, I am very interested in the fat grafting procedure done around my eye area with Dr L. Do you mind to email me your before and after pictures? Thanks.

Hi Bangeline, Good! I will email you there. That way not putting the laundry out, as they say. :) Yes, Guy. did the nose and so far so good.

Hi! I can't contact you any other way, there's no contact option attached to your user name :( but thank you for the update! Because of it I joined Miss J's and realize Le has gotten quite popular! I used the name "Penelopee" there (spelled just like that) but haven't posted a topic yet. It's not very search friendly I find. You used Guyuron right? Hmmm. I'd love to see pics. Be well!

I had a horrid facelift and eye lift that hollowed out my eyes. Would you recommend this doctor. Thanks
Yes, he is especially skilled with eye-work, IMO.
Hi SouthernCal - I am so confused. I have seen numerous reviews of Dr. Lam and the majority are horrible. I have seen his web page and all the YTube testimonials and I don't know what to believe. Why do you think there would be all these bad reviews??? I love the outcome off his videos but too afraid to go to him now with all the really bad comments. HELP - do you have any info to help me???
Hi Lucille2: I have been frantically searching for a REPUTABLE doctor with Good Ethics who does Fat Transfer which LASTS!!! I too have seen Dr. Lam's website etc., & have seen him on utube. Where did you see the "horrible" reviews? Does he not get results (ie the Fat doesn't hold)--or does he try to sell you more stuff? I am planning on having Dr. Lam do my fat transfer, and I would like to know before I have him do anything, as I don't want to be sorry. Is there any REPUTABLE, HONEST doctor out there who does FAT transfers for the Face & Gets GOOD results which are permanent??? With reasonable fees...???HELP!!!

I am definitely interested in this procedure and have been researching this Dr. myself. I didn't realize it was so expensive but if it actually lasts then it's well worth it? Was it only 1 procedure and how long were you off work/not able to be presentable to the public?

Thanks! I'm planning on doing it.
July 07 full f/g. Definitely still seeing the result. Aging continues, of course, but the fat's still there and it has helped.
SouthernCal, I'm thinking about going to see Dr. L. Do you mind telling me how long ago you had the procedure and if you are still showing results? Thanks, D.
No, I have no regrets about the f/g. He's a great doctor and one of the best at this procedure, certainly.
Is there anything at all that you regret?

To Southern Cal Fan: Do you mind if I speak with you personally about your experience with Dr L? I had a consult with him and would love to talk with an actual patient.

Hi Snuggly-thanks for your polite question. My fault-I wrote all about this f/g (all over) and since then, have been inundated with questions. I'm kind of tired, lol. (I should have known-now I do! We all want as much firsthand info as possible.) Best wishes whatever you do; I like the f/g, the doctor. Fin :)