Time For a Change - Flanks & Upper and Lower Abdominal - O'Fallon, MO

After a lot of research, I've decided to give this...

After a lot of research, I've decided to give this a shot and see if it'll work for me.

Stats: 5'3, 31 years old, 155lb

I have lost about 40lb this year. I workout about 6 days a week (over two hours) but still, i have the most disgusting body shape ever. I am still continuously losing about 2lb a week so i think this will aid me during my loss. I've never had any kids and with a body like this, it's too embarrassing for many things. I read the downtime is about a couple of week before i can hit the gym again so this is mainly why i've opted for this procedure. I've been really thin in the past (104lb) but even then, my shape is the same as it currently is so i know weight loss alone wont aid me.

My initial consultation with my Dr was yesterday and at the time, i decided to only get my inner thighs and flanks. My pre-op in next week though and i'm going to see how much it will cost for outter thighs and upper/lower abdominal as well since by the photos, it really looks horrid!

So far i love the Dr's office, the staff and the Dr of course!

u will look great! I had mine done about 9 months ago and last week had to do a revision. I just hope u don't have to do that. it is rough going through it once and such a pain having to go through it again. I am debating doing my thighs now actually. oh watch out tho, I have gone up one cup size since the first time. I wonder if that happens very often too.
Having my upper and lower abs surgery the same day as you! I haven't started my review yet. But, please keep us posted.
Yay! We're surgery twinsies! Hopefully you'll start your review soon! Only about two weeks to go! :D

Change of Plan - Flanks, Lower & Upper Abdominal area

Today was my 2 week pre-op. As suggested by Miffy, i did mention the abdominal area. My Dr. said he wont work on too many areas at one time and so we worked it out to go with flanks, upper and lower abdominal area. I can then come back two weeks later for my cottage cheese thighs. This would give me 3 weeks to recover before i go on a trip to London to see my bf.

I'm not sure if i should hold off on the thighs until after the trip. Any suggestions? I dont want to look bruised or swollen or be in pain but i really want to get my thighs done pretty badly as well! :/

Also, I haven't seen your thighs, but if you do have a fair bit of cellulite, lipo can make it worse, so just try to speak to as many people as possible before making the decision. Don't mean to put a negative side to it, just wouldn't want you to regret anything. Did your ps warn you about that?
He doesnt think i have cellulite but i think the fat looks like cottage cheese still! :/ It's all wobbly like jelly! gross. Being so active, i thought those would be the first things to disappear. Damn body
I think flanks is supposed to be the most sensitive area to get done - my inner thighs haven't been bad at all, but I didn't have too much fat removed from them, but I think the inner/outer thigh is supposed to be the worst area for bruising. Do start taking arnica pills now, take them often and buy some arnica cream for post procedure too. Id personally be cautious about travelling for so long even after 3 weeks recovery. Also after care is so important, ie massages 3 times per day which can take upto 30 mins if your dedicated! but I know I'm impatient so would want everything done before hand. If u can wait, I probably would, but you never know, u might be a v fast healer! :)

Two days to go!

I can't wait!! He said i can get my thighs done two weeks post op but i'm going to see if i can get it done next week. It is driving me crazy. I want it all done together and i've rather one recover than two.

I also just realized, i have bra rolls. :/

Hi I want to do lipo in india any leads also how long is the recovery Thanksc
Sorry i cant help you. My procedure is tomorrow

I should be more prepared!

Tomorrow is the big day for procedure one. I have my arnica pills and creams. Table cloth for the taxi and a week supply of soy yogurt. I know i should do more but for some reason keep thinking like it's going to be visiting the dentist and it's not going to be an obvious change in me apart from pain. Good thing i work from home.

My second procedure for my inner thighs (probably bra fat and outter thighs will be added as well). I"m booked for Nov 6th. It's about two and a half weeks before my flight to London which i think may be a bad decision. It shouldnt be as sensitive and i've broken bones and didnt get it casted up and healed quickly on its own.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Better pre op pics

This is to just show how bad i was. Before surgery this norning. it so disgusting!! Can wait for tomorrow

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Better pro

Good luck !!!

I'st day post op

I am sore but not that bad. Just going to lay here all day. Took a shower. My follow up is tomorrow

How are you feeling today? I had my ab lipo the same day as you. Day one was okay. Today, day 3, I'm as swollen as I was pre-op. Trying to remind myself that swelling is normal. But can't find any info on how MUCH swelling is normal. Hope all is well your way. Post an update soon!
I feel your pain!! I have to keep adjusting KY compression belt cause ita unbearable! I thought we swell in two weeks! Have you tried taking anything? I'm on only otc stuff. Have you experience anything else like I feel I may now have acid reflux. Are you still draining?
I read the swelling begins on the 2nd day, but starts to subside on the 7th day. I drained for 3 days. Are you still draining? My PS told me on day 2 that I wasn't draining properly because I didn't push my stomach flap (bottom belly) UP before putting on the compression garments. After I started doing that the last of the fluid left my body within 24 hours. Not taking anything other than the occasional Tylenol when needed. My PS is of the mindset that all we need is tight compression. So, yes I'm feeling your pain on the acid reflux. The compression pushes everything up, including stomach acid. It's similar to the heartburn experienced during pregnacy. Re: the swelling, I'm going to start a 7 day water detox that's supposed to act as a natural diuretic. (Water, lemon, real cranberry juice, and black root tea.) I'm hoping that helps decrease some of the swelling. I have my 7 day follow up on Thursday. I hope my swelling subsides by then. For some reason I feel like I don't want to let my PS down. He's a bit of a cheerleader/coach. "Keep it off! Keep it off! Way off! Hooray!" What OTC meds are you taking?

So much pain!

Drainage finally has stopped on the right side of me, but things are now uneven since the other side really didnt drain at all. I hope i dont have an infection or anything. I am thinking about putting off my lipo for my thighs. I cant deal with this pain same pain a second time. My stomach and flanks are always hurt

Ok Twinsie, my review just went live!
Sorry to hear u r in pain! Eat lots of pineapple too - it's a natural anti inflammatory. You are looking so much smaller! Make sure you massage your lymph nodes to help your body flush the swelling :)
Thank you for the tip. The massages have helped i think though it's been painful doing so. Did you ever get really itchy? I've ended up opening and making all of them bleed cause they got too damn itchy.

Fasting week

I'm going to start fasting, starting tomorrow and will post photos at the end of the week.

I've opened all the adit that had healed, since they were all itchy. I am convinced it was cause i didn't get to really drain properly. I've stopped using neosporin on them and have bandaged them up instead. Keeping spanx and the compression belt on full time.

So far i'm down 10lb. I love that i dont eat as much with this stuff on me. I have my two week follow up this week along with my pre-op for my second surgery.

I'm getting my inner thighs done and possibly outer thighs. I'm thinking it's not going to be as bad, the second time around.

Hey…did you decide to have your thighs done? How has your recovery been? Can you update some pics?
Hey, sister. What's going on?
I am mildly freaking out about going back in tomorrow to get my thighs done. I know it's going to be painful again!