3 MONTHS POST OP - Upper & Lower Bleph w/Canthopexy

I am 42 with upper eyelids sagging a little and...

I am 42 with upper eyelids sagging a little and small bags underneath. Dr. Bitar is known for taking a natural approach, great bedside manners and skilled (we'll see how I heal). So far so good. More swelling and bruising than I expected. Less pain than I expected. Only one pain pill the first night. I've done everything recommended for speedy healing (no drinking, quit vitamins, etc.) My surgery was Friday morning and it is now Sunday night. Here are pictures up to this point. I will keep you posted.

6th day post-op

Less bruising and swelling. More itchy, but solved with cold or warm compresses. Not healing evenly, but this is normal. Follow up with doc is tomorrow.

Constipation

The biggest frustration has been constipation, notoriously related to pain meds. I pooped for the first time this morning. That's almost 6 days without going. I had increased my fiber & water, took two glycerine suppositories, used a home colonic irrigation, ate yogurt and kimchi (good bacteria) and nothing happened until this morning.

Pictures the day before surgery

Day of suture removal

Getting sutures removed has been the worst part of this experience, except for being constipated. IT HURT! Still lots of swelling, but doc said everything is normal.

One week after surgery

Yeah, I'm finally getting "MY" eyes back. Still plenty of swelling and some bruising. My right eye looks a little more cat-like, kind of cinched at the outer corner. I hope this resolves itself. My left eye is more natural.

Two weeks after surgery

Feeling much better, but still have lots of healing in the upper eyelid area. The canthopexy seems to be taking longer (sore and tight). My right eye is still more cat-like than I'd like, but I have faith that, in time, everything will relax and heal back to normal - MINUS the extra baggage of course:-)

Cyst removed from suture site

At my 2nd post op, my surgeon "unroofed" a cyst which had developed around a suture. This made a big difference and the swelling and redness mproved within hours of cyst removal. He said this is quite common and will have me come in for another follow up next week.

One Month Post-op

Doc said the cyst he "unroofed" last week is healing fine and to return in a couple months. So far, I'm extremely impressed with Dr. Bitar's attention to follow-up. My healing, while taking longer than I expected, is coming along great as far as he is concerned. Here are the pics.

VERY HAPPY - 3 months post op

I sometimes wonder if he didn't remove enough, but when I think about it, glad he was conservative and I look very natural, like my old self, minus a decade:-)
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Still not fully healed, but confident that I will love it. Have ZERO complaints about this practice and will use them for my next whatever it may be.