No one believes I got breast reconstruction because I just look like me. Fairfax, VA

I had natural DD breasts and when I had to have a...

I had natural DD breasts and when I had to have a double mastectomy it was devastating. Luckily I chose to work with Dr. Rad who assured me that I could look and feel as good as ever after tissue expanders and implants. His skills as a surgeon are top notch and he has an artistic eye for details like symmetry and shape. He was always willing to spend extra time making sure I was comfortable and that all of my questions and concerns were addressed. He even answered my emails quickly. He seemed very respectful of my time, keeping office waits short. That is a rarity. He made the difficult process of reconstruction so much easier, which was priceless to me and my family.
A few months after my surgery my body rejected one of the implants (extrusion) and I was hysterical. Dr. Rad was so calm and explained how he could perform a "lat flap" reconstruction to repair it and I would be back to work only 2 weeks later. He is a specialist in micro-vascular surgery so I did not have to go and find someone new when this happened. I am very thin and did not have many options for fat/skin grafting. He knew just what to do and I never had to lose the implant which would have been very upsetting. I did return to work only 13 days later feeling so good and the scars were minimal and quickly fading. I look so good that 3 different acquaintances who did not know about my cancer experience asked me who did my "boob job." I can not ask for better results than that.

8 day post op photo

Enjoying the sun at my house only 8 days after my left side lat flap.You can see I still had 2 surgical drains.

view of back scar

This is what my lat flap scar looks like 10 weeks after surgery
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Rad for breast reconstruction as he is both a highly skilled surgeon as well as an artist. That combination is perfect. I am very happy with the results of my reconstruction after BMX. Dr. Rad did everything he said he would do and more. I really feel like he cared about me both as a patient and a person. Reconstruction is a physical process but has a mental component to it and I think some doctors do not think much about that from a woman's perspective. I felt like Dr. Rad did. Adding this to his top notch surgical skills made the process so much easier. I look and feel great.