Facial and Leck Liposuction with Buccal Fat Pad Removal - San Francisco

Hi guys. I am a male in my 20s. I have always been...

Hi guys. I am a male in my 20s. I have always been skinny my whole life yet my face around the cheek area had always been so HUGE. When I sent pics to my surgeon, he said that I would be a great candidate for a combination of facial and neck liposuction with a buccal fat pad removal.

I was initially thinking of only getting a buccal fat pad removal but when I saw pics online of people who had gotten the procedure, I didn’t think it was going to be enough considering how huge my face was. I am so glad I listened to my surgeon and cannot be anymore happier about the way things turned out. I received the surgery about 8 months ago but I am going to try to write as much as I remember about what I went through to help the people out there who are considering this procedure.

About a month before the procedure, my surgeon gave me a list of supplements to buy and what types of food I should eat and avoid for the next few months. I followed everything he told me but I have to admit that the supplements did cost me a little bit over a hundred dollars. I believed they helped alot during my recovery though.

I’ve been reading alot about people’s experiences here and my experience didn’t seem as bad in comparison. During the surgery, I did not feel anything at all since I was put to sleep. When I woke up, my face was swollen like a chipmunk. But then again, my face was like a chipmunk to begin with. I was so afraid whether my surgeon really sucked out the fat or not. I couldn’t see much since I had to keep my garment on. During the first week, it was so difficult and painful to eat. I ate mostly clam chowder and bread. I couldn’t even chew with my teeth cause it was painful to even move my jaw. I would just chop up potatoes into tiny pieces and soak the bread in the soup to make it much softer and swallow it.

I was also required to sleep with my head up. I used like 2-3 pillows when I sleep. I was not allowed to look down at all times. When I do, I could feel my face swelling up. After about 2-3 weeks, my eating habits had gotten alot better. I also saw my surgeon and set me up with a free ultrasound massage. The massage definitely helped decrease the swelling. He recommended for me to get another one if it helped decrease the swelling so I did but I had to pay $45 the second time which still isn’t too bad. He only charged me half its normal price. After about two months, I was finally allowed to take the garment off. I saw most of my results after 3-4 months. Speaking of which, I also had a small lump which I thought wasn’t going to go away during that time but now it’s gone.

One thing that took me the longest to get back too was my weightlifting routine. I was allowed to do some light workout by the second month but even after about 4 months, I was still feeling some swelling whenever I lifted weights. I was afraid to ruin the good results I had so far so I decided that it wasn’t worth it. I completely stopped lifting weights during that time. It took me about 6 months before I could actually lift some heavy weights. Now at the 8th month, there is still some numbness on my face but it’s very little. If I were to rate it out of a 100, it would be a 2 or 3.

I wish I could post pictures but I am not very comfortable doing so. I prefer to keep it confidential. Overall, I initially had chipmunk cheeks but now they are more hollow but not completely that I’m not even afraid of looking gaunt in the future. I know many people who go through this procedure worry about getting too much fat taken out and looking gaunt as they get older but I don’t think that will be the case with mine. The results look so natural and I’m very happy about it. Hopefully this review helped. I will try to get on here every once in awhile to see if any of you guys have any questions. I’d be more than glad to answer any of them!

I forgot to add this on my review. My acne...

I forgot to add this on my review. My acne breakouts have also decreased immensely and I'm talking like 90 percent! Most of my pimples are usually around my cheeks but I rarely get them now. When I do get them they're usually around my chin and jaw area. I'm not sure if this is permanent and whatsoever but so far it's going great.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Dr R is definitely the best! He is on top of things even after the procedure. He would set me up with follow appointments, etc. I strongly recommend him.