Face/Neck, Brow Lifts Plus Lower Bleph

So far, i am a bundle of obsessive nerves. Today...

So far, i am a bundle of obsessive nerves. Today is Sat. Surgery to happen next Thurs May 1 is my big day. This is my last weekend before the surgery. i am not having second thoughts. But i am feeling more anxious the closer it gets. I dont look forward to the bruising and swelling. i want it to go well with a smooth recovery. I pray for that and that i will be happy with the result. i hate to go thru surgery for this, but it is my best option
Will post more soon

Nerves still continue

just one more day to go. Yes i am looking forward to getting this done. i've saved for it and waited a very long . But i am still scared and nervoud.

Please send positive thoughts and prayers for the surgery and for a good recovery
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Surgery is done. Today is day 3. Feeling stronger. Lots of bruising under the eyes, some of which is from the brow lift. Thank you all for your good wishes. I am so glad it's over and now my nerves are settling down. Will post some more in the coming days and will add some photos.
Once you start to see the person in the mirror looking back is an improved version of yourself, your nerves will settle down and all the pain and anxiety will be forgotten. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Really glad to read your note, you sound good. I was just getting really nervous 'bout day 3, fearing I was now a hideous monster and could never be seen in public again! I believe the support you have found here is just the ticket. Continued happy healing.
Day 15 for me now. Everyone that knows say I look great, those that don't say "have you lost weight" or "like your new hair style". I know that there is still swelling to go down at sides of face and i will look better again when that happens. I was post more photos next week. I was very anxious until around day 6 or 7.
I'll agree with cowgal, days 3 through 5 can be really tough but it will start getting better quick!
Glad you are feeling better! Rest up and try not to stress. Relaxing music, comfort TV or movies... and let us know how you're doing! :)
Sharon. Sending healing thoughts your way. Thanks for sharing and I certainly understand the nerves.
Sharon, I wish you all the best. Make sure to have someone around close to wait on you for a few days :) You'll be glad you did. Touch base when you are feeling like it. Our thoughts are with you. Sherri
All the best to you tomorrow -- be well, rest up, and let us know how you are doing afterwards!
Wishing you everything you want ---- good luck and keep us posted.
Best wishes Sharon, I will be thinking of you. I know just how you feel I was exactly the same. I am very happy with my facelift even though all the swelling has not as yet receded. You will have days when you wonder why you did it, but it will be worth it believe me. Ever one here has helped me through it with anecdotes of their experiences. Good. Linda
Thank you for your kind words. I love this site.
This reply is to Linda --- on some parts I agree but when these doctors go into a field of medicine they know what they love to do --- yes a breast reconstruction will do a face lift -- is it what he loves to do -- no! I have worked with many plastic surgeons over 27 years and I can tell you there are the ones who love to do faces/noses and then the ones who love to do things below the neck. This is there passion. So, when Sharon picked her surgeon she picked one where his passion is in eyes, blephs, tear ducts, trauma to the orbital rim -- will he do faces of course -- is it his passion - no. His passion is in his main study -- oculoplasty surgery. Why would he do faces -- why not -- money! Do I think he will do a great job -- don't know -- probably --- better than someone who loves loves to do faces - that's the question
I will be thinking of you on Thursday!
Sharon you will be fine. My surgeon specialised in breast reconstruction and he has given me a great facelift. Just because someone specialises in one field doesn't mean they are not trained or experienced all round.
I guess after reading more and more about the surgeon you picked - he is considered a very reputable surgeon and I understand somewhat why you would choose him --- you will most likely have very great results ---- I do see he is highly qualified but to me it's still in reconstruction and eyes.
Why would you pick an Oculoplastic Surgeon for all the work you are having done -- definitely if any type of surgery associated with the eyes. I am just confused -- have you seen any photo's or reviews on some a complex surgery on what you are having done versus eye reviews. I know you are nervous and scared but you need a aesthetic surgeon - plus board certified to do a facelift. I know you are going to yell at me --- but it's your face not a part which can't be seen or covered up.
I don't see the name of your surgeon ----maybe you could post for other patients who had surgery done by him/her. Real important
You really want to know my surgeon's name. I was going to post it after my surgery. Ok. i can tell you now. Dr Jonathan Hoenig is the one i chose
You will be fine --- just patience patience patience. I had a surgeon who did other surgeries on me and was totally confident when put to sleep. What a great feeling -- paid probably 10,000 more but hey -- it's your face! Please post photos and we are all here to walk you through this recovery process.
Thank you. You are helping me to gain patience.
I would love to have gotten some support before my surgery (Feb. 28, 2014) ... and after for that matter. Your feelings are natural human responses to the unknown ... it's scary! I also felt sinfully vein and self-centered, also natural since I was so focused on myself. Let me say that all those negative, obsessive feeling fell away. I am "me" again, only better and am 110% thrilled with my decision, I finally look how I feel again. That said, it took about 4-5 weeks to get there (and I am still changing and healing, it's early), the surgery is just the beginning of a process that you will do best if you accept the reality that you are having serious work done and your face is going to look like it for a few weeks. Give yourself a break and do not nit-pic every thing every day no drama queening ... it is all going to change in beautiful ways as you heal, but be patient and calm. Follow your Doc's orders and take it easy. Try to avoid the all-consuming "what the f*** was I thinking"! Keep your eye on the prize and you will have a much happier healing process. Your are going to be beautiful :) Let us know. Your friend, Sherri
You have made me feel so much better and helping me get thru this. I feel so self obsessed. So great having a place like this with support from a community of friends who understand.
Sharon, I think those are very common feelings -- I know I have been dealing with them too! And Cowgal, thanks very much for your perspective on patience too; I'm just over 2 weeks post and gradually accepting that after the first week I should not expect big improvements on a daily basis!
How you are feeling is normal and you will be on a roller coaster of emotions for a couple of weeks after the procedure. Just keep checking this site for support.