Face Distorted After Restylane in Naso Folds

I "treated" myself to restylane in the...

I "treated" myself to restylane in the naso folds, which honestly weren't even bad to start with. I have high cheekbones used to have a nice smile. Almost 6 weeks and still have pulsating and burning in my cheeks, though the filler was in the naso folds. Sometimes a burning down the naso fold line. Whether it's swelling or misplacement of the filler, I now have huge creases under my eyes when I smile. Doctor said I probably always had them. I said I feel like I have chipmunk cheeks. I returned a week later and showed photos, no creases/bags when I smile before the restylane. It looks horrible, I am horrified by the way I look. I have always taken great care of my skin and looked 10 years younger, now with bags at rest and huge creases when I smile. Did a week of prednisone, no change to the swelling or pulsating. Making matters worse, my smile is now semi paralyzed. I can only smile about 1/2 of what I used to. It's like my face is frozen and the smile is very small. No matter how hard to try to "big smile", no such thing. Anyone had any similar issues? I am horrified. Considering the enzyme to remove since my body clearly is rejecting it with the pulsating and burning sensations. And I hope it will resolve the bags and awful looking creases, and restore my smile. But concerned with all the bad experiences I've read about using the enzyme to break down the restylane. Also paranoid by folks who say their restylane did not dissolve in 6 months. I want to look like "me" again. Absolutely devastated. So far two plastic surgeons would not do the dissolving. The original doctor will but I do not want to go there. I am seeing yet another plastic surgeon next week for another opinion. Any advise or input would be appreciated.

Hi. I had mine done 6 weeks ago now and I have been having burning sensations practically all the time. I have felt a little bit of relief when I'm exposed to cooler weather but it still feels numb then. I just want to know has yours gone away? How long had it been for you? I really don't know if I should just wait it out or get it dissolved. My skin is looking terrible though and I'm only 23. People don't do fillers, there is just so much that can go wrong that can effect your life afterwards, I would give anything to be back to before. I would rather deeper wrinkles than constant burning face, so hard to sleep.
In case anyone who is reading this is wondering, they don't typically recommend allergy testing for Restylane but you can insist on it. I would always, always insist on it. Even though they say the chances of reaction are low, there are lots of reports on here like this person's and it makes me wonder how many reactions are reported.
I dont know if you can email me, so the site is Aroma zone in France. They ship with Fedex for merely 35 USD!!. Their english site is not as detailed as the french one. The service is excellent. They provide with the chemical analysis on their site. I got a delivery here in Vancouver in 3 days. A sheer delight. For little money and 100% security. Some oils can be toxic. Some are absolutely without risk. Some cannot be used in daylight (photosensibility). NO oil can be used DURING PREGNANCY.

Lavender is being used for burns. Skin scars very fast. I put sometimes some drops of lavender from Provence directly on the skin. If you suffer from skin burns, you will have immediate relief. Buy organic honey and put some drops. Apply. honey is used in hospitals to help scarring.

Vegetable oils are the best way. (carriers) to diffuse the properties.

I am not french :)
That is incredible how each skin can react to an intrusive substance. I have a suggestion that is not what doctors wish to hear. Essential oils to help "disinfect" the damaged areas. The best ones. Lavender oil, tangerine, lemon, grapefruit, any oil helping evacuate undesired "liquids". Feel free to email me if your skin has not healed. I will give you the best site. For 7 dollars you can have 10ml of the best organic lavender, rosemary etc. Certified, with all labels. I am past 50 and no wrinkles. Only the smile ones which I dont want to remove. Despite a very harsh life. Trust me, your skin will love being connected with what nourrishes the cells with the best of life : flowers and plants. That is why they are so beautiful no? I believe your skin got infected by a substance which was not that biogradable or non purified. Or soome bacteria in the needle. I will also give you the best natural brand of aromatherapy. All the best and dont worry, there is a solution.
Hello! After one year and a half my tingles stopped but the filler is still there. I hope it will eventelly leave my body. It could not stay there forever.
Thanks. I'm still at the freaking out stage. I have some swelling under my eyes in the corners.. doctor says it will go away. I think it's from the rety underneath my eyes-- it's done something so the fluid is not draining properly. UGH. I hope I get to the point where it doesn't bother me OR it goes away. I am not going to do facial fillers again-- too unpredictable!!
No I did not get the enzym but have consider it many times, but so far I have just decided(sp) to wait it out.
I also did not get the injections. It's been 6 months and my face still burns and tingles, sometimes my lips too. The sensation has moved down my face, isn't as bad as it was but it's still there. I think there is still filler in the folds near my mouth which makes the creases under my eyes when I smile. At this point I've given up and try not to freak out about it; I spent months staring in the mirror day after day and now it just is what it is and my body will break it down eventually. I don't think everyone breaks it down in 4-6 months, I know it's still there with the burning I have on both sides of my face...but it is slowly going away. The enzyme seemed way too risky to make things possibly even worse and not something I wanted to risk.
oops, never mind my question. I see above you didn't get the enzyme. sorry :-(
Hello SanDiego921. It Will get better but you will have a strange feeling as long as the filler is in place. But it WILL get better with time.
Simba did you consider having injections to make the filler go away faster? I like the tops of my eyes , but not so much underneath where the filler went. Ugh :-(
Thanks for the reply.
Cute Dog!!
Hi-- I am having the same issue too. I'm also in Temecula. Has it gotten any better?
No, we are probebly a small group of people. I think like you it must be the protein or something else, like your body my body hated this stuff. In the beginning it felt like my face was on fire. I dont have that pain anymore, but I can still feel that something is not okej, but like I sad it getting better and better by time.
Simba; thanks for the words of encouragement. I had not seen many (or any) posts about anyone feeling the pulsing/burning so glad to know I'm not alone. Sometimes it burns even my lips and tongue, my whole face, down through the folds to my chin and all I had done was the naso folds. It's very scary when my lips and tongue are burning--this stuff, or the toxins it is putting out, are spreading all over my face. I am afraid of doing the enzyme with so many other possible bad effects but this strange look that my face has is just awful. My smile, my eyes, my cheeks...not me anymore. My nose scrunches up when I smile and it looks so bad, and that makes the creases. I have read of folks on this site using Castor Oil packs but think they were using for Botox. I am going to try to see if it helps break down the restylane or helps drain the toxins from whatever my body hates about the stuff. Clearly my body is rejecting it though they insist nobody is allergic. Maybe the proteins, who knows. I just pray that this stuff goes away completely and I will look like myself again. Btw, I had loving kitty named Simba for many, many years; she's in kitty heaven now.
Oboy! I feel for you. I have the same symptom(sp) Burning itching discloration. I have live with that feelig for a long time. The good thing is Its get less burning by times go by. I promise you. I am a very sloooow healer, but like I wrote it get better, I promise you. Take care
Update: 10 weeks. Still have pulsating and burning, which now has expanded from just the cheek area all the way down my face both in the folds and outside of the folds. Smile is still restricted. Still have huge creases under my eyes. Two more doctors said they have never heard of a bad reaction and the best thing is to wait it out. To feel your face burn and pulsate every day is very scary; I question now if restylane was really used though I have the lot number. Can't tell if it's swelling causing the creases or the product pushing my face upwards, even though only 1cc was used total. Plastic surgeon said improper technique can cause swelling and the area near the nose can take months to go down. Has anybody else experienced such a negative reaction? Every day I look for a reduction of the creases or a burn-free day.
Dont take the enzym that breaks down restylane. It can make it worse, I havent and I will wait this out. I think it is so new using hyarolinidase(sp) so there is no study on long term effects.
How long did your experience last? I had an injection 2.5 weeks ago and cant move the right side of my face or smile. help?