Extremely Disappointed

Had Radiesse in cheeks and under eyes 5 months ago...

Had Radiesse in cheeks and under eyes 5 months ago. Looked great when I first got it. Loved it. Now, 5 months later, it looks just like it did before I had Radiesse. I am angry I wasted my money. Was told it would last 1-2 years. NO WAY.

I had Juvederm injected in n/l and above lip area in October 2010 (1 vial) and Radiesse injected to lift cheeks (2 vials) in November 2010. It is now February, 2011 and the Juvederm is still working but the Radiesse is GONE!!! All that money, GONE!!! The plastic surgeon said that my body just doesn't do well with Radiesse, maybe I should use the Juvederm in the cheek area since I do better with that than the Radiesse, but she didn't offer to "fix" my problem at no cost to me. I was told it would last at least a year. LIES!!! Maybe I should have gone to a dermatologist.
Forget radiesse....too many say it doesn't last. What about Artefill..I hear it is the best.. anyone out there tried it yet?
i had artefill injected last month in my folds on either side of my nose. Huge difference. I did it because it's supposed to last at least 5 years. I was charged $1,000 per syringe and i needed 3 total. If it lasts 5 years, i would do it again
I had radiesse injected 2 months ago into nas folds and marinette lines. loved the results for about a week. then my marinette lines came back. still liked my nasal folds. turned out natural looking. when I went back to doc after 6 week which was 2 weeks ago I asked to have more put into the marinette lines. he did this at no extra cost which this was good since I spent 1,400. I now have lumps near corner of mouth which drive me crazy I am hoping that they will still go down. my daughter says she does not notice much. but I have heard that this procedure in marinette lines are not yet perfected (even though my doctor made me believe he knew what he was doing.) I would not suggest this for marinette lines but did like for nasal folds. but have had botox and love it and still have natural look.
Guys I had Artefill in Canada about 10 years ago. It was done on the are between the eyes. Good results, no pain. I did not feel a thing. One thing though. I still feel the little spheres so this would not be good for under the eyes or smile lines. This is new to the States and many doctors dont have experience on this.
It made a huge red welp under my eye-i hope it doesnt last a yr-i want it to go away!!!!Does anyone know how to remove radiesse??
msmary44 - did you look into artefill? I can't find much about it besides reveiws on this web site. My friend had sculptra and wasn't really all that impressed with her results, plus sculptra is very expensive.
I had a similar experience. Spent $1300 and nothing to show for it. Did you try and get a refund?
Thanks for sharing your experience. I was really excited about the possibility of Radiesse since Resty lasted only a few weeks for me. On the the next thing I guess. Does anyone have any other ideas? I am looking for something to fill NL folds.
I had radiesse injected into my nasualabia folds last week. Within 2 days it looked as if I had nothing done. I spent $850.00. I called the Doctor and she said for me to follow up with an appointment in 2 weeks but I will have to pay if I want more. I don't get it!!! I paid $850.00 for 2 days?? What happened to results lasting 1 year??? Anyone out there have the same problem and got refunded?
Hello, I had radiesse injected about a year ago in order to enhance my cheeks, 2.6ml on each cheek which I thought was too much at the time... I was very puffy with some bruises for about 12 days. Although, this product/filler was supposed to last AT LEAST a year, however within 2 and half months I would say; IT WAS ALL GONE, like if I didn't have anything thing done! Except that I ended up with 3 small stiff lumps that really showed, on my right cheek. It took over 7 months in order for them to disappear totally + I also had two ugly small red spots below my eyes which were pretty swollen/puffy every morning I woke up. My doctor didn’t not know what to say, she gave me some steroids and antibiotic for the stiff lumps and puffy red spots below my eyes, but nothing had changed, no improvement whatsoever! This nightmare lasted up to 10 months, it was so ugly! I had to use ice every single morning to TRY to decrease the swelling, and then cover them with make, I was wearing sunglasses most of the time, HORRIBLE experience! I am so happy that they finally disappeared.Though, it has a living hell for way too long! I have been extremely disappointed. It cost me a lot of money, and for what results? NONE! JUST LOTS OF STRESS! I for certain am PART OF THE UNLUCKY ONES WHO HAVE USED THIS RADIESSE FILLER! I don’t really know what went wrong. Nevertheless, I believe this doctor was not really competent for injecting this product or even other fillers. She is specialized in plastic surgery, and was doing from time to time filler injections in order to please a very few customers after some facial plastic surgery, not like these doctors who practice ONLY filler injections all day long!
I was told by my dermatologist whom did my Radiesse that it is more difficult to do and should be done by those doctors that have had specilized training in the technique because it is not like the other fillers. I wanted to try it because it was on sale for the same price as restylanebut last much longer. I has the area near my eye sockets done because my eyes are deep set and the socket bones protruded. I also wanted the nasiolabial folds, and the corners of my lips. I have large lips, so I didn't want them plumped, but the corners werelosing the volume and turning downward into a permafrown. The doc numbed up my face and told me it would hurt a lot. I told him it hurt a little but not even comparable to childbirth and raising teenagers! I am very happy with the results for the most part. I do with I would have gone with a little more to fill in my cheek area like we had discussed. My problem is that he injected radiesse near the lower corner of my mouth, I guess to try and fill in the crease from my frown, instead of just plumping the lips corners to pull some of the frown away. I now, after 2 weeks, have a large pea sized tumour protruding from the left injection site. It looks like a masive pimple getting ready to erupt. I am embarrassed, especially since I actualy paid to have this done (not the tumour, just radiesse!) I have an appt in the morning with same doc whom I was told would have to make an incision inside of my cheek to take out the abundance of radiesse thats there. I wonder if they can put it in the nasalabial fold on the left that didn't quite get enough fill. One thing I would say to anyone is be very clear where you do and do not want any plumpness to appear. I should have shown him my looking in a mirror and pointing and he should have marked those areas. I do still want to get some cheek enhancement because I've lost a lot of the large volume I had in my youth and through my weight loss. I'd like to look in the mirror and see a little of that youth I vagually remember. I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm a littlecsared to get an incision made inside my mouth. Its like getting a c-section for my baby growth. Correen
I too have a stiff "lump" under my eye which causes swelling and is visible. I wear sunglasses and put tea bags on my eyes every morning and am terrified this will not go away. It has been three months since I had radiesse injected to my cheeks. I dread thinking of having surgery to have it removed! This has been a nightmare and any info would be appreciated.