Finally....I LOVE my boobies!!!

I've watched my breasts go from a 34A to a...

I've watched my breasts go from a 34A to a 38DD (was pregnant w/ twins), then by 5 months post babies was back down to a 34B. Then the same month got pregnant again and went to a 38D. Then 7 mths after baby, went down to a 34A again! My boobies had, had ENOUGH!

I never felt good about my breasts after having babies. Obviously they were destroyed throughout both of my pregnancies, along w/ nursing 3 babies. But when I lost a great deal of weight after my 3rd baby, I was left with LOTS of stretched skin, not a whole lot of breast tissue and a bony chest. :/

It affected me in every way. Fitting into a bra, a bathing suit, a dress. Being intimate with my husband. I found myself wanting to hide them, every chance I got! It didn't fit ME, when I looked at my body in the mirror. I was young, beautiful, in shape, and then there were these saggy, stretched out boobies.

So I decided to make a change. A breast augmentation.

My PS was amazing and we went with Saline implants, I had about 350cc's in each breast. One may have slightly more than the other, since breasts are sisters...not twins ;)

My incision was in my armpit, which is my surgeons preference. And it was the best location too! Hidden and it healed really nice!

My discomfort was very minimal! I felt tight in the chest, couldn't lift my arms really for the first few days. Every day I got more mobility. But it was once the stitches came out in my armpit, that I really got ALL my mobility back! Those stitches really hinder movement and were kind of annoying actually.

I only took pain medication the first day I was home. Then I took a few ibuprofen and within a day or two I didn't need anything.

I had a binder type of thing wrapped around my breasts when I woke up in recovery and I kept that on for a few days. I had quite a bit of swelling at first, but every day it got better! It took a few weeks for them to drop and round out nicely. They looked like cones at first! But once the swelling dissipated, they became nice and round!

The BEST part about my BA is how natural they look! They aren't too high, so they look like I was born with them!
It's amazing how good I felt after my BA. I felt sexy and confident. It changed my whole perspective about my body and how I felt in clothes, in a bathing suit and most importantly how I felt when I was with my husband!

This is one cosmetic surgery that really makes you feel "womanly". At least for me. Having had various sized breasts throughout the past few years, I always felt the most confident and womanly, when my breasts were fuller. When my breasts were saggy and flat, I just felt like a boy! :/ Not anymore! I love my new boobies!! :)

Photo Update

May 2011- I am 1 week post op from having a...

May 2011- I am 1 week post op from having a revision done on my breasts.
I got pregnant w/ my son just months after having my 1st set of implants. Oops! :)
Needless to say, bc I refrained from having a lift the first time, I had quite a bit of extra skin that needed to go! Plus I lost more breast tissue, boobies had dropped, so I just figured that I'd get them lifted & swap out the implants for ones that were a little bigger! Might as well do it now before gravity takes over down the road! :)
So I had a breast lift & 410 & 430 cc's for my implants done.
No pain meds once I got home after surgery & I just tried to "take it easy". Pretty smooth recovery for the 1st week. Once the stitches came out, on day 7, it's been 100% better in terms of comfort. Those stitches just were irritating!
All is well, just letting time be the ultimate healer now!
I'm so much happier with the lift and so glad that I had it done! They're much fuller & perkier, just the way I like them!!
Looking back at where I first started......this is a 180 transformation! Absolutely amazing!!!!

3 weeks post op & feeling great! Exercised for the...

3 weeks post op & feeling great! Exercised for the 1st time in awhile yesterday! No discomfort at all, but I lifted lightly & ran in intervals. I def need a better sports bra for support! But my incisions are healing great and my breasts have soften a lot this past week!
Most of the time, I forget that I just had surgery 3 wks ago! I'm really happy with my results, they're perfect!!! :)
32DD and loving it!

Hi ladies! So I haven't been on here in a LONG...

Hi ladies! So I haven't been on here in a LONG time! Raising 4 little boys just has taken up every ounce of my time! But I wanted to post an update & let you all see my recovery this far out.
I am 4 1/2 months post op from my Breast Lift/Revision.
My incisions from my breast lift are still red at times and I've had a few instances where part of it opened up a little bit (like a little cyst or something). My PS thinks for whatever reason, my body is just not breaking down the sutures internally. So occasionally they have gotten infected. Nothing major, just need neosporin & a bandaid but it's still annoying. Hopefully that doesn't continue.
My bra size is 32DD..however finding that size in Victoria's Secret can be hard at times. So I have a few bras that are a 34D but I'm super full in them.
I feel amazing & it still was the best thing I could've done for myself! :)
West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Dr. H is one of those surgeon's that really takes the time with each of his patients. He's connected. He's involved. And that's what stands him apart. You aren't just another number. His confidence in his work, truly radiates through him. Which in turn, makes you feel more comfortable. You'll meet surgeons that just want as many procedures on the table as possible, they make more money that way right!? Dr. H isn't one of those surgeons. He wants to help you decide what procedure is right for YOU! And also what procedure isn't right or perhaps ones that you don't need as well. He's done my breast augmentation & my tummy tuck. And I can say, with confidence, that you WILL have a wonderful experience with him during your cosmetic surgery journey. Feel free to ask ME about him or even my experiences with him. I know how scary it can be to find the "right" surgeon. How do you know he/she is the right one? There's no specific answer for that, its just something you feel in your gut. And for me, I just knew. And since then, a lot of my friends have felt the same way about him too! :)

Congratulations! You look great! Just had mine done four weeks ago and I did the same thing...augmentation without a lift and may have to bite the bullet at the end of 6 months:( What is your skin tone? How do you normally scar? I am olive complexion and my doctor was concerned about the BL scars with my complexion and my tendency for hypertrophic (sic?) scarring.
How could you not love those bubbies!!
hahahahaha ohhh they so nice! Wait til you see them in person ;) I can't wait to see yours!! lol
Wow. They look great! Congrats. Did you get saline the second time as well? How are you feeling now a few weeks post-op?
I breastfed 3 kids (my baby is now a year old) and I think it’s time to ‘fix’ my breasts (I'm a deflated 34A after b/f). Did you use the same doc for both surgeries? I live in the area and trying to set up consults. Just wondering if you still recommend him?
Thanks so much! Yes I got saline the 2nd time as well! I'm 3 wks post op and I feel awesome! Once those stitches came out at 1 wk post op, I felt much more flexibilty and less discomfort. Those stitches irritate the skin! Ahhh so you were the same size I was before I ever got implants! Yes I used the same doc for both surgeries AND he gave me a tummy tuck too ( I had SO much extra skin from all my babies!) He's a family friend of mine and I honestly have to say that he's so wonderful!! A few of my friends have used him too and they all say the same thing about him! Where do you live? He's in Exton, DEFINITELY book a consult with him and you'll see for yourself. What I love about him the most is that he really does care about you as a patient and what would be best for YOU! He doesn't fall into all the hype of this treatment or "you need this & that" , that some surgeons get into and therefore you end up spending SO much money on things that in the end, have no factual information to it at all nor are they even necessary! It does go without saying, that not only myself but my friends still keep going back to him. And to me, that says a lot! :) If you want more info or would like to talk to me more about it, just ask! Good luck to you!!
btw- the $7,000 under the cost in this review, is for a LIFT and Augmention! Just an augmentation is $5,000! And he will determine if you need one or both of those!
Did you get a lift the first time as well?
I’m thinking of going with silicone. Did any of your friends get silicone or have they had other procedures done by him?
How was the recovery after the tummy tuck surgery? Did you get breast and TT at the same time? Would you mind sharing the $ for the tummy tuck?
Hi Rosie! No I didn't get a lift the first time, because I was trying to avoid the scarring. I was new to the whole plastic surgery thing and was SO afraid of having scars on my breasts! So he used a high profile implant and tried to naturally lift my breast with where he created the pocket. And it worked! :) In hind sight though, I should've gotten the lift because scars heal & fade and the only person to see a scar is myself & my husband! So who cares! I HIGHLY recommend getting a lift w/ augmentation, IF you need it! So far, all my friends have gotten saline implants! But I do know a few people that have silicone. And honestly, I can't tell the difference. Implants aren't supposed to feel and look like natural breasts and thats a good thing. I honestly, don't like the look of natural breasts! They're squishy and floppy! haha sorry but that's how I feel. I love how my breasts are perky and soft but a little firm. They move around and aren't glued to my chest like one would think! :) My friends have gone to Dr. Harris for Botox, Lipo, Breast Augmentation & he's done my Tummy tuck & did surgery on my hand as well. (He specializes in Hand surgery too, as well as Cosmetic!) ALL of my friends love him and are constantly referring THEIR friends to him. So much that I've run out of business cards of his, I need more! lol He's a wonderful guy too! The recovery from my TT was really great! It wasn't horrific and I was sore, but I managed. I have 4 little boys to take care of, & NO family around to help me out. So I had to do it! If I can do that, then 5 wks later or so get a Breast lift/Aug., then you can do this! ;)
Again, everyone handles surgery differently. I just stayed positive, expected to be sore & uncomfortable (c-sections prepared me for that) and moved around a lot! I think that actually helped me heal faster too! Within reason of course. But a day after surgery I was walking around, cleaned the bathroom (I don't recommend that, I'm slightly crazy, lol) but that's me, I can't just sit in bed for days at a time (nor does my life allow it!).
I didn't get all the surgeries at one time, because his practice operates at a surgery center and there are strict rules for how long a patient can be under anesthesia. I think the max time was 4 hrs. Now, I could've gone to the hospital and he would've done it there, all in one shot! BUT then I'd have to pay hospital fees & stuff like that. It's a lot cheaper doing it at their surgery center, which is great btw- all the staff are wonderful!!! So it's your choice really, totally up to you!
Dr. Harris charges $5,000 for a tummy tuck! But again, i'm sure if you were having multiple procedures, he can give you a total cost for something like that!
At first I was kinda bummed that I couldn't do it all at once, or at least I chose to do my surgeries seperately. But now, I'm glad that I did it separately because it allowed me to deal w/ one issue at a time. Like with a TT, you have drains and and gauze and binder's and all of that. And then w/ the boobies you have tape and bra's and incisions, so it was nice to deal w/ one issue of surgery at a time, heal & then move on. lol
It's by far the BEST best best thing I've ever done for MYSELF!! And Dr. Harris is mostly responsible for that one :)
Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Btw- one last thing about silicone, in case you didn't know, you have to get MRI's yearly or so, to check for any tears/leaks/ruptures of your implant! Because you won't know you have one, unless you do so!
With saline, your breast will just be smaller, lol and your body absorbs the saline at no harm to you! Silicone is more toxic to your body if leaked out. Hence the reason for the MRI> just wanted to inform you of that.
Regardless, whichever implant you choose, I'm sure you'll LOVE them!!
OMG Sho I though I saw an email about this post but couldnt find it! Aww so glad it fits now! How are you? HAvent talk to you in a while :( so lets try and seriously get together sometime next week!!
Well just talk to the office and she said it wont be today because she has to set aside about an hour visit and I will have to have an escort because I will be medicated..So doc may schedule to do it soon after she looks at them today. Mine have been the same for past month no change here. I feel like todays apt is going to be almost a waste ya know? But if it gets me my dog ear apt then I'll be happy, happy!!
Umm so I guess the bra you let me borrow totally fits now!! Must've just been swelling before! It fits like a glove now! I seriously have worn the same bra for days now without taking it off once! Well to shower but still. So I was dying to get that thing off tonight. So I figured I'd try ur bra on again bc it looked more comfy and it fit! Yay! It's really nice to sleep in! Thanks again! Xoxo
Love my nick name btw ha!! Wow look at you! You look incredible! They already look fab just imagine a month from now :) I'm sad that georgette was too snug for you. Even when you hooked the back on the furthest hook? Ah, we tried. So listen what size were your first set? I go to the PS today and am hoping she takes care of my dog ears..they really annoy me now! I am going to call the her secretarty to ask what the chances are that she might. The doc did tell me she wanted to wait till I was 3 months before she touched them so here I am at the 3 month mark soooooooo get on it sister ha!! Hope you had an amazing b~day.
Aww thanks girl! I was a 34D before the revision but I wasn't a FULL D. You know? And yes the hook was the furthest one away! But it wasn't so much the band, it was the tightness of the cup!
But let me know how the PS visit goes! I'm hoping she fixes them for you! But my PS refuses to touch mine until i'm 6 months post op!!! Bc he's seeing such a huge change in them, he thinks they'll smooth out. But I'm not so convinced. Ugh. We'll see! Let me know how it goes & good luck!! xo
YOUR BOOBS LOOK GREAT! wow you are a D cup with 350ccs? I got 375ccs silicone and I'm only a C cup. I wanted a D. I'm going to get my Boobs redone in five years...for my 40th bday. Right now I'm loving THESE!
ohh girl ! you boobies look great ;) dont you just love them..
im so glad PS are around ...well good ones at that , lol!!
good for you...

M~
Haha thanks! These pics are actually from my first augmentation. I recently had a revision (BL w/ new implants). So I'll have to add my experience to this post! But I loved them then and after all the swelling goes down from these, I'll love them too! :)

What a great story! Thanks so much for sharing it here. I have to admit, I'm a little envious, but I'm glad you were able to do this for yourself. What size are you now?

Aww thanks Angie! Why are you envious? I'm assuming you had something cosmetic done if you're on here, right? :) I'll have to check out your profile! And thank you! I went from a 34 EMPTY A, to a 34 D. But I probably LOOK more like a C. :)
oooo just saw your profile. Your nose is perfect!! :)

Thanks! Next up: Facelift. :)

haha good for you!!! :)
Wow, your boobies sure have seen some changes, sounds like me. Started at 34B (17prepreg), went to 36D(nursing daughter 10.5months), back to 36C,(after daughter nursed) up to 38D,(nursing son 18 months) back to 34A/lft/B/rt(lost 45lbs) asymetrical from nursing mainly on one side. Congrats on your wonderful new breasts, I too, feel much more womanly with bigger breasts. Hated hubby having to pull this fleshy dough thing out of my armpit during se*.....starting leaving on bras and pulling them out just so they could be held up a little, I was constantly insecure, oh and my belly....I wore a skirt, yes even during se*, hated it so bad! We've been together 12 years and he is just seeing me naked for the first time completely in Feb....crazy. Our society makes it really hard on women and I can't believe what being a mommy does to you/us....some women get so lucky. I spent 12 years hating my body, so I'm exhilirated...Kudos to you on your boobies : )
Whoa CittyCat! Good for you!! Wow talk about a change from the inside out and outside in! I couldn't agree more about society, it really puts these unrealistic standards on us! Embracing your body, despite its flaws, is really the true change that's needed! But hey, empty saggy, small boobies/wrinkly tummy's just need the help of a PS. End of story. lol I had a tummy tuck 2 wks ago today, there's actually a review on that too on here!
And I'll be needing a lift on these boobies pretty soon, bc literally a month after I got them, I got PREGNANT! haha the curse of the boobies! And because my PS tried to spare me from a lift the first time (I was hesitant about the scars, but now my mindset has changed on that). So even though it may not look like it, I still had quite a bit of stretched skin! So after baby, they dropped and aren't as full and of course, the skin is more damaged.
But once that is done, that's IT! I'm more of a natural beauty kinda girl. It's just these few things that were totally out of my control! As you know!
You look FAB! And I'm so happy you are feeling better about yourself! You deserve it!! :)
Thank you, I completely agree about the real changes needed in society, men seem to have no clue what we go through and whats funny is us women hardly expect anything of them...what a funny world it would be if everywhere they went they were told they were not good enough, sexy enough, thin enough, young enough, had the right makeup, etc.....every commercial featured a man dancing around in his undies with that come hither look...women have a hard time and I really fear getting old....: ( I'm 29 and I already feel it, sad, huh....didn't mean to depress you, I just wish us women could somehow band together to change things, but I know its almost impossible!