Experience in Laser Treament - India

I had acne and scars which was getting very severe...

I had acne and scars which was getting very severe and so i opted to do laser treament but over time i started losing fat on my cheeks and so my scars were more prominent than ever before.......this kinda of got me confused and on my process of knowing why this happened i came across this site :-)

i underwent different sessions of acene control , scar reduction , photo facial , peeling etc.....i had to do this not only for my face but also for my chest back ...though i dont really see much difference.

Something else i would like to point out is i smoke heavily and was wondering if this is a cause by any chance. i weigh only 45kgs , height 5'9. Hope this helps.

I doubt you are still reading here but just incase. After years of smoking the cheeks will hollow from the muscular motion of sucking in. You are very thin (100? lbs. if my math is right) which of course does not help the situation. I also run on the thin side. Our skin thins as we age-quicker for smokers which makes the imperfections show up much more clearly and quicker. It also lowers testosterone leading to the certainty of vascular impotence. I was a smoker for 33 years. I know how hard (seemingly impossible) it is to quit. If you only do one nice thing for yourself in this lifetime-try to quit. Watch the difference within a few months to the quality of life and your health/skin you can achieve. Then maybe consider having something done about your concerns to your skin. You will certainly have much more money to spend on a procedure. Wish you the very best.
Dumb stupid people here lol hilarious
Butterfly u cant b more stupider u make any uneducated person look good
I think the overtly negative comments about smoking are more due to social stigma than anything else, and with saying that I personally think you would have still had these same results even if you didn't smoke. For the hollow cheeks, there are several types of injections that you can get that will help with that. I would seek out a different doctor however unless they are willing to fix what they did, or didn't do until you are satisfied without you paying more money. I was thinking about having this type or similar type of resurfacing done, but now hearing from you and others on this site, it seems the minimal results are not worth the down time and cost.

Hi Mathew, Thanks for sharing your story and I'm sorry it didn't turn out better for you. :( I'm, however, glad you've found RealSelf and hopefully we'll be able to get you some answers and help find a treatment to clear up your scars.

Some of the doctors on RealSelf have addressed the issue of smoking and cosmetic treatments. You might find this helpful: Plastic surgery for smokers

Kind regards, --Sharon