95% Ready and 5% Scared... - Everett, WA

I've decided to have the sleeve and am scheduled...

I've decided to have the sleeve and am scheduled on Wednesday, October 16, 2013. I made this decision on August 22, 2013. I had to wait to have my surgery, as I needed to be nicotine free for at least 6 weeks. So I've stopped smoking, which is great, however, I've gained weight in the process, UGH! So now I feel so uncomfortable, which is why I'm ready to begin my next journey. Monday is pre-op, I paid for my surgery last week and I start my pre-surgery diet on Wednesday. Hoping I'm making the right decision and that all goes well. Time will tell I suppose.

First day of pre-op diet...

So today is the first day of my pre-op diet. I was doing okay until mid-afternoon and then a major headache. Yesterday at pre-op they said I should lose 8 lbs prior to surgery. I'm freaking out that I may not lose those 8lbs. My Dr. Told me last week not to worry so much about pounds lost but he's more concerned with the shrinkage of the liver. Tomorrow marks one week until my surgery and I feel like this is taking forever to get here.

Finally post-op

Had my sleeve done October 16. Had a rough night in the surgical center, but nothing too major. I'm so bloated it's crazy. My stomach has never been this big. Ugh
Dr. Robert Michaelson

hi there im due for my surgery next month and im starting to get cold feet any tips you can give me or any advice? im super nervous now
thanks for sharing your story ! keep us updated !
i wish you well. Congrats on your surgery.
I wish u well hun...everyone reacts differently but it gets better and easier. Ur in my prayers and thoughts. Stay strong.
Well tomorrow is my surgery. Ready, nervous and anxious all in one.
Good Luck...It's not easy, but then again It shouldn't be, but like the posts before...just listen to your body, and yes the things you liked before, you may not like them now, but I'm told it takes time...I had my sleeve July 9th, and have lost over 70lbs....Oh and if you do over eat...you will only do it once...What really helped me was getting real dishes that were really little, that will hold the 1/4 cup of food...makes me fill like I am getting my "full" plate full just like everyone else :o)...I also got a card from my Dr. that says I've had the surgery, so when I go into a restaurants, I order off the kids menu and get no flack from the waiters...everyone has been very kind....just odd for a 54yr old lady asking to order from a kids menu :o)...good luck and it will be the best thing you can do for your self and your family!
It takes a good month before you will start to feel like your old self, but it's worth the reward. Good Luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.
Hi! I had my sleeve done on 9.30 -- 10 days ago. Today is the first day where I feel almost normal, except for being tired. I only had to do 5 days of the pre-op diet and I had a headache for the first 4. It will pass. Just hang in there.
Congrats. 10 days to feel normal, this scares me.
Just had it done on October 3rd don't be scared you will do fine !
Thanks Jojo628. It is certainly refreshing to hear everyone's stories.
My advice to u is an hour out of surgery get up and walk around as much as u can to avoid gas pains bc I got up and walked an hour out I had no gas pain at all
Thanks. I will be doing this.
It's understandable about being scared, but you have making a great decisions. October 16 is almost here. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks Trina. Going to pre-op and seeing the diagnosis of 'morbid obesity' made me truly sad. You look great btw. I cannot wait to be done and move forward.

Hi there, welcome and good luck with your upcoming surgery, I hope it all goes well for you and you have a smooth recovery!

I just had mine done 12 days ago. I've review my whole process, if you wish to read it, it may help answer some questions. You can read it, here.

Keep us updated with your progress!

You will be gkad you did....it doesnt come without obsticles and it does get frustrating at times but you will enjoy the end result ...i am enjoying the change and if had to do it again i would.
Thanks Dawn Christmas. Can you explain what frustrations your dealing with or have dealt with?
You have pain if you over eat or eat to fast and that pain feels like gas but its not....so learning to listen to you body is frustrating because its not like before surgery.....also things you liked before surgery you may not be able to tolerate after.