44 Year Old Mother of 2 - Evansville, IN

First, I am so thankful to this site, you ladies...

First, I am so thankful to this site, you ladies have prepared me for a new chapter in my life. I have wanted to do this since 1996 but just never got the nerves up, but now is the time. My stomach has always been a point of concern for me, but as you all know this is not an inexpensive surgery, however I'm ready. I'm having a tummy tuck as well as lipo on my inner thigh December 15, 2014. I'm wondering if I should have lip on my back as well. Has anyone had that? Does that yield better results?

Moved my date up

Hello ladies! I had my PS appointment today and it is official I will be having my surgery December 9 and Dr Gutter will be my surgeon. He is absolutely wonderful, I went to two other PS before him and they simple did not compare. He has put me at ease and I feel really good about his ability to give me the results that I expect. I'm having tummy tuck, and lipo of my arms and legs. I'm so excited..

Time moving to slow

Hello my realself family. Today is not a good day for me as I'm starting to doubt my decision. My weight lose is going very slow. I've only lost 4lbs with my goal being 12. December just seems like it is never going to get here. Oh it doesn't help that this is my last year in school which now I have to try and focus on that. It just seems to be so much going on. My husband is very supportive and my children think its awesome that I am finally doing this. But for me today is just not a good day. How is everyone else doing? Is anyone feeling depressed with how slow time is moving? Just 101 days left, come on December.

Stressful week

Good morning ladies, I have really enjoyed reading all the Nov success stories. I was contemplating rescheduling my surgery due to major complications in my life right now, but my daughters would not hear of it. So ladies I need to vent for a moment: I've been with my husband for 28 years and our marriage is in complete turmoil right now which has me completely devastated and depressed. I know you shouldn't go into a surgery with these types of emotions so I'm praying really hard for God to release this stress: Oh I needed to say all that out loud. Now as for my weight lose I'm not trying anymore I'm happy where I'm at currently,143. I'm just so ready to be on the flat side and get my confidence back. Have a great day ladies. Pictures coming soon.

Its time

Ladies as promised here are my before pictures, I'm so ready for a new look. I have to be at the surgery center at 7am and surgery is from 8am - 12pm. My journey started back in June and I can hardly believe the time has come. I have enjoyed reading all the success stories and pray that I am among one of you soon. I will update as soon as I can. God bless

I did it

Whew its over. My surgery started at 8am and I finally was able to go home at 5pm. I felt no pain at all yesterday just discomfort because they do not want you to walk upright. This morning I'm still not feeling any pain at all, my doctor prescribed me Loratab 7.5. I go to my post-op today at 3pm. I do not have on any compression garments, I"m assuming he's going to do this today. I had quit a bit of drainage yesterday, which may explain why he waits to put on the compression garments. I'll upload pictures later today. For all you ladies, having a tt I highly recommend a walker and a high rise toilet. I slept in my recliner last night and it was perfect. But most of all I can not believe I'm in no pain, that is the part that had me most scared judging from what others have said. I pray this continues.

Getting worried

Good evening ladies. Had my surgery on Tuesday and have yet to have a bowel movement, needless to say I'm extremely worried. I'm taking a stool softener, linzess, eating protein bars and drinking protein shakes but nothing. I'm passing gas but that's it... Any ideas?

What a relief

OMG, had my first BM today, feels like a load was released off of me and the good news is I had two,,,yeppy.. I pray all you women and men are healing wonderfully. I will post pictures soon, my daughter loves to procrastinate when it comes to me. My support team has been extremely wonderful, I've done nothing but sit and relax and commit to doing absolutely nothing. My husband helped me to take a wash up yesterday which felt amazing, I had to get all the stickiness off my body, rubbing alcohol to the rescue. So as for my cg, I spent 176 dollars for two from makemeheal.com. I also purchased two leggings and a tummy shapper from Walmart (flexxes) by far the ones from Walmart are the best. They aren't crouchless but they are more comfortable and not much of a pain to pull down, and the price difference was about $100. As far as what size compression garment to purchase buy a size up from the size you wear now and you should be good.

Hello! So my drains are not producing anything I'm almost sure they are coming out tomorrow and as soon as they do I'm snapping pictures I'm so ready to see and share with you all. I do fill tremendously different, even with the swelling. I have been using ace bandage on lipo area (arms, knees and legs) because my garments was simply on my nerves. They work great and there cheap. I'm keeping everything covered for at least 22 hours in between time I apply itch cream. Have a wonderful night and I'll update tomorrow.

One week today

I had my po yesterday, can't say enough about Dr Guido. He removed my drain tubes and some of the stitches from lipo, a breeze. All is well ladies, I took my first shower today and man was I wore out. I'm very swollen but my spirits are high, this too shall pass. I pray everyone is doing great and healing wonderful.

Swell Hell you aren't welcomed here

Good evening ladies! I pray you are all healing well and make wise decisions. I know I just posted pictures yesterday, but lordy, I'm so swollen today I thought I should share. I woke up fine but as the day progressed, the more I expanded, lucky me... My stomach feels so heavy. I'm going to try and eat tonight, the only thing I've eaten since my surgery is oranges, protein and fiber bars, watermelon and protein shakes. My bowels thank the lord are moving just fine, so I know this swelling isn't from constipation. Ladies, don't get it twisted, I'm not complaining I'll take the swelling over what I had, I'm just ready to show off... Have a fabulous evening lades.

Wonderful weekend

I pray all you ladies are doing well. Those of you just starting your journey hang in their you will be happy in the end. So about my weekend I have been going from sun up to sun down. My swelling is so under control, with the low sodium high fiber and protein diet I have been on. I still swell its just mainly at night but has subsided by morning. Saturday was my big day, I shopped all day long, even bought me a few items, I know longer can fit a medium shirt, way to big, I'm in a small which I'm super pumped about. After shopping my husband wanted to hit the town and since I was feeling good, why not. Ladies, I thought it would be months before I would be able to wear my heels not so. I put on my 4 1/2" heels and off we went, I danced all night. I had such a good time. Now by 2am, I was swollen and my husband had to assist me out of the car and into the house, due to the swelling. But today I got up for church, put on my 3 1/2" heels and praised the lord. Ladies, do not try on your pants everything I wear has an elastic waist. Even though I know I'm smaller I still can not button or zip clothing. I have a po tomorrow, I will post pictures afterward. Oh another side note, I do not take my cg off, only to shower, I wear it religiously. I have several options so I always have one that works with what I am wearing. How are you ladies doing? I pray your weekend was filled with constant healing.

Two weeks post op tomorrow

Good evening ladies! So, my po was canceled today and rescheduled for tomorrow, but I decided to go ahead and post. I had to watch my grand daughters today (deaf 5yr old, and 7 mths) needless to say I had to call someone over to help me. Today, was a good day though, I have slept in my bed the last 4 days and I'm so happy, I was getting no sleep in my recliner. I pray everyone is doing well.

Back to work

Hello ladies! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. So I started back to work yesterday, I only worked four hours, and it was fine. I'm so glad I took 4 weeks off. I'm still very swollen, even though I see a major difference in my cloths, this swelling has me concerned. I've lost 8lbs,,whoop whoop, but my belly is just swollen, on top of wearing my compression garment faithfully. I have a po appt. Thursday so hopefully he gives me good news. I still have stitches in my incision and belly button and my lipo areas are so tender, my poor husband doesn't know where to touch me I'm so tender. I pray you ladies are all doing well. Dreamcatch, good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Good evening ladies! I truly pray you are all doing well. I've been very busy with work but decided tonight I really needed to post. I had my po appt. Jan 7, I was cleared to workout and Dr said all looked well. I started working out at the gym and home with husband on Jan 12 and experienced a lot of pain the following day. I ended up leaving work early, I called my ps and asked for a few more pain pills just to get me through the first week of working out but I did not receive a call back. Discouraged I just doubled up on Ibuprofen 800. As you will see from my pictures I'm swollen (I hope). I have seen many photos of women who are both larger and smaller than I, however their results in my opinion are much better than mine. I have been swollen since day one and it does not subside in the morning or night, I'm the same size all day and night long. I have a lot of pulling at the incision site and I feel like my stomach is knotting up at times. Keep in mind when viewing my photos I also had lipo on my inner thighs and knees and arms. I maybe overreacting, or my emotions my be at an all time high but I'm just really discouraged. I'm down 13lbs and I can definitely tell a difference because I no longer have the extra skin but I just do not have the stomach yet that I thought I would, and trust me I have followed many of you including ones that my ps has done and I do not look the same. I have a ball to go to and was trying on dresses at a very trendy shop in Indianapolis this weekend and because of the posh in my lower stomach nothing worked (I tried them on with my cg). Excuse my ranting ladies... I'm trying to stay positive because I truly believe I went to the best ps in Evansville, I'm just ready to see my results. God bless you all!!

I pray everyone is doing well. I'm doing great and progressing well. My exercising isn't going so well, due to me not being focused. But I'm going to step it up next week. I'm still very swollen, however I'm down 13lbs and I've gone from a size 8 to a size 6...whoop whoop! My arms, inner thighs and knee Lipo are the areas I am most proud of... If anyone is considering those procedures, do it, I love my results. I only wish I would have taken better pre-op pictures so you could really tell. I had a friend ask me have I been lifting weights because my arms look great. My thighs no longer have the pocket of fat that disturbed me so much and my inner knees now have separation. I just love them. I still have tender spots, like if someone grabs me by the arms or hug me to right, not because it hurts but because they are tender. My stomach however is still very swollen and it doesn't have the form I was hoping for although I love how my jeans fit and I love not having the roll over. I can fit cloths from 10 years ago, what a amazing feeling. I realize I'm still healing so I am so excited for the final results. I'll post pictures tomorrow of early morning and evening. Happy healing ladies and may the Power of Jesus be with you!!!! Praise him for he is worthy.

Almost 3 months

Good morning ladies! I pray everyone is healing well and happy with their decisions. As you can tell from my two photos my results do not look much different from day one. I do not have a flat tummy, its more of a protruding stomach which has me really worried. My ps says he can't make my tummy flat, however, I have several friends that have had tt and their stomachs are very nice and flat. Furthermore, I have seen plenty of pictures of women on this site who stomach looks nothing like mine. I waited along time to do this now I'm wondering did I waste my money. My stomach is smooth with minimal overhang but not flat at all. I thought I would be able to wear a bikini but if this is my final results that is never going to be a reality for me. Oh and now I'm going to have to have back lipo because my back fat shows so much more now in clothes. My husband is not happy with my results so far, he doesn't say it, I can just tell. My ps tells me to work out and eat healthy (which I already do) and things will get better, um I've always worked out and if that was getting me where I wanted to be I would not have had the surgery. I respect my ps opinion and obviously he's a very intelligent man but my results are simply depressing for me. These pictures are this morning after my shower, I'm going to post pictures once I get off work for comparison. Please pray for me. Happy healing ladies.

As promised

Hello ladies! I so appreciate all the positive feedback this morning. I felt myself slipping into a very depressed place which is why I reached out to you all. I told my daughter, never have I felt so much love from individuals I do not even know, just share a common experience. So these pictures are right after work. Happy healing ladies!!! God is good all the time!

Pictures didn't upload

Pictures as promised.

Not happy

Hello ladies. I pray everyone is doing well. So where to start. I'm so disappointed with my tummy tuck. My belly is far from flat, it's smooth but not flat at all. My PS says he couldn't make my stomach flat because of my hysterectomy, some thing about the way GN cut you. I wish he would have told me that. I'm so depressed over how my belly looks that I hate to even look at it. I've seen several women on this site who talk about having had a hysterectomy and their belly is nice and flat. I still have to suck in, and I am not able to wear a two piece at all. I've told him how I feel but he always has a come back some explanation. He doesn't even mention revision or additional Lipo... Jesus I'm just so depressed, I thought I would love my results but unfortunately I'm left with a smooth big belly... That's just not what I paid for... Happy healing ladies. I'll post pictures once I have the nerves.
Evansville Plastic Surgeon