39 Years Old, Two C-sections and an Appendectomy Left Me with an "Apron" Evansville, IN

I have gain weight and lost weight, but nothing...

I have gain weight and lost weight, but nothing changed the "mother's apron" I had that hung over my c-section scar. I had two children via c-section and then an open appendectomy later. I had no muscle left below the belly button. I finally decided I was not going to live with the pooch anymore.

My journey week by week

Weekly update

Week 2

Week 2 photos

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

36 days post-op

Still swelling in the thighs. Thigh compression garment took it down a bit overnight. Belly button stitches fell out after my shower today. Scar is healing nicely I think.

Week 6

Had a follow up today with my doc. He's happy with progress. He said at about the two month mark I will have a good idea what the final result will look like. Still swollen for now, but my belly button is starting to look real.

Week 7

Finally feeling flat. My hips and thighs are not cooperating. I have been hitting the exercise bike or the treadmill for 15-20 minutes a day. That's about all I can do. Exercise does increase the swelling and soreness a bit.

Week 9

Still swelling but feeling more normal. Some numbness at the incision line. I started a new diet program this week and have dropped a few pounds. Fingers crossed I can lose some more!

12 weeks

Well I've been back to work for a few weeks now. I'm still having some swelling after being in my feet all day. My belly button is looking good though. I do have some knots beneath the incision. Dr says that is normal suture healing. Next visit with doc will be for my "after" photos!
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gutter is the best. He has a wonderful beside manner. He does not overcharge his patients and is very sympathetic regarding the financial costs of this surgery. I can reach him anytime for questions regardless of how silly they might be.

You look great! Everything is healing so nicely!
CJ1999, thank you so much for sharing your journey. It's nice to actually be connect to someone who is going to the same surgeon you will be going to. You look amazing, I keep having to stroll back to your before pictures, in complete amazement at how flat your stomach is now. Please keep posting. Do you have any helpful advise?
Take your pain pills faithfully for the first few days. However, be sure to take a stool softener every day. You will not have the stomach muscles to struggle going to the bathroom. Avoid carbonated beverages as much as possible. They caused me to bloat bad.
looking great!
Yep exercise absolutely increasing the swelling huh??! Take it easy, I remember it took me several months to get back in the game of exercising.
You look awesome! Thanks for giving me something to look forward to (I'm 14 dpo). ;)
Looking good!
What a dramatic difference already! Wow, you look great! That's cool how doc told you final results are still coming. Mine said the same. Happy healing!
You are progressing very nicely! Time heals and I know it's hard to wait for final results, trust me I'm anxiously awaiting for mine as well. Looking good!
WOW!! You look nice and flat ;-)
How was your pain? Have you returned to work?
I teach and am off for the summer. I won't have to return to work until early August. My pain was not bad at all. I took pain meds religiously for the first few days. My ab muscles were really tight. I was walking upright in just under a week. Drains were out in a few days. By week 3 I was sitting on the beach in Florida on vacation. I am still having some swelling (mostly in my thighs).
Wow, I'm so excited. Did you buy a special compression garment or rent a hospital bed or remote recliner? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be as prepared as possible.
I bought several compression garments at Sears. They always seem to have them on sale or clearance. The one I wore the first week went from my knee to my bra line. I cut the crotch out of it (per Dr. Gutter) so I could go to the bathroom without pulling it on and off. That one was trashed after the first week. Now I wear something different day-to-day. I like to wear a pull on girdle with compression panties.
Thank you.
Thank you for this week by week preview. Dr. Gutter is performing my surgery as well on Dec. 9 and you are correct his bed side manners are awesome. I felt comfortable with him the moment he walked in the room. Thanks again, you look great.
Great transformation!!
Looks good!
Looking great!
Looking good!
Looking great! Thanks for adding the photos! They really do help! Your scar looks wonderful, and low! When was your surgery? Looks like you are healing up really fast! Keep up the good work! Fantastic!
My surgery was May 27th. I think it is pretty well healed up. My belly button still has a little healing to do, but the tummy scar no longer has any scabs or anything.
I added a chronological list of photos. I accidentally titled two posts as week 3. The first one should be week 2, obviously. They are in the correct order, however.