39 Years Old, Two C-sections and an Appendectomy Left Me with an "Apron" Evansville, IN

I have gain weight and lost weight, but nothing...

I have gain weight and lost weight, but nothing changed the "mother's apron" I had that hung over my c-section scar. I had two children via c-section and then an open appendectomy later. I had no muscle left below the belly button. I finally decided I was not going to live with the pooch anymore.

My journey week by week

Weekly update

Week 2

Week 2 photos

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

36 days post-op

Still swelling in the thighs. Thigh compression garment took it down a bit overnight. Belly button stitches fell out after my shower today. Scar is healing nicely I think.

Week 6

Had a follow up today with my doc. He's happy with progress. He said at about the two month mark I will have a good idea what the final result will look like. Still swollen for now, but my belly button is starting to look real.

Week 7

Finally feeling flat. My hips and thighs are not cooperating. I have been hitting the exercise bike or the treadmill for 15-20 minutes a day. That's about all I can do. Exercise does increase the swelling and soreness a bit.

Week 9

Still swelling but feeling more normal. Some numbness at the incision line. I started a new diet program this week and have dropped a few pounds. Fingers crossed I can lose some more!

12 weeks

Well I've been back to work for a few weeks now. I'm still having some swelling after being in my feet all day. My belly button is looking good though. I do have some knots beneath the incision. Dr says that is normal suture healing. Next visit with doc will be for my "after" photos!

Week 20 -after

Today is my last visit with Dr. Gutter and time for my after photos. By my count it has been about 20 weeks since surgery. I am very happy with my results. I still have work to do. My body is by no means perfect and I’m not a size 2. However, that sagging gut that has haunted me for years is finally gone. I have a tight stomach and a nice belly button. The rest is up to me. I still have some tightness at times and even a little swelling. I have a little numbness at the incision, but otherwise my stomach feels pretty natural. I couldn’t be happier with my results and with Dr. Gutter.
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gutter is the best. He has a wonderful beside manner. He does not overcharge his patients and is very sympathetic regarding the financial costs of this surgery. I can reach him anytime for questions regardless of how silly they might be.