Male Med Student: Want to Improve my Looks - Europe

So this is my story. I wasn't the best looking kid...

So this is my story.
I wasn't the best looking kid. But after puberty, I turned out to be a decent looking guy. Always hearing from people that I have change so much since I was a kid. A nice backhanded compliment really :).
Though, my insecurities from childhood has shaped my life in some form. I always want to look my best.
Seeing myself objectively, I realized the only thing I didn't like with my looks was my chin. It is slightly underdeveloped. And even though I put myself through a hard workout schedule it still makes me have a slight double chin. So here I am, two days out from surgery and I decided to share my story with you. guys.

Being a med student has helped me find a good surgeon, who also will do it very cheap for me since I'm one his colleagues student.

For now my I have chosen a large anatomical extended silastic implant with a projection of 8 mm. I took into account that there might be slight bone resorption. What do you guys think? Have I made the right choice?

16 hours left til I go under the knife.

Got about 3 hours of sleep.
None of my friends or family know that I'm doing this. It's going to be interesting to see their reaction. Hopefully it will look natural and they won't notice it too much. Bit worried about the scar though, since I am dark skinned and I am having a sub mental incision.
Got my painkillers and antibiotics earlier. The surgeon thought that it wasn't really necessary to have a antibiotic treatment post op. "You are a young man in good health, and it's unlikely you will have an infection", was his words. But I rather be on the safe side.

12 hours post op.

My whole jaw are is sore as hell and feels tight. But I have no numbness in lower lip or any part of the chin, which is a extreme relief. Difficult to smile though because of the facial edema. Also a bit difficult to properly open the mouth to eat.
I did the procedure with local anesthesia. Very strange but cool feeling when the surgeon was creating the pocket. I could feel him work his way through the tissue and hear the small sounds that went along with it.
I'll put up post op photos when the swelling has gone done a bit and I can trim down the beard so it's similar to pre op pics.

First slight setback..but amazed how fast the recovery is going.

Hey guys.
As you guys might know the stitching below the skin is done in layers for the dissected tissue under the skin, but for the most outer layer of the skin, my surgeon decided for me to just have strip bandage to keep the skin together. This was to minimize scarring. Then only three days after he decided that it was healed enough to take it off. But when I got home I wanted to take a pic of the scar for you guys and saw that half of it had opened up. Nothing to panic over, but I had to go back to his office for him to pinch the skin back together put on a new strip. I was now told that I could remove it in 2 days.
But to end on a positive note. I have no pain, very little tightness, minor swelling and no numbness what so ever. It is only a bit difficult to smile, but even that is getting better by the day. This is turning out great and I am really happy.

6 days post op, feeling great.

I am healing up fine. I removed the steri strip by myself yesterday(five days post op).
No swelling, bruising or numbness. Only slight pain if I put some pressure on the chin, but even that I believe will be gone in a few days. My smile is back to normal. I can't talk too fast though without slurring few words, so I try not to get too excited about things. But even that has been improving everyday. The incision site looks as I expected it to look after almost a week. It is a bit visible because of the scab, and only if I take a picture of it from close range with flash.
I'm planning to go out jogging tomorrow, and might even hit the gym a bit.

A tip to anyone who plans to go through the same procedure. Have a healthy diet! Stock up on food a day before the procedure. Try to have a diet high on protein, complex carbs. and loads of water. Give your body plenty of building blocks to recover from the procedure.

One week picture update!!

Hey guys! Trimmed down the beard to same length as before the procedure so the pics are better comparable. I am happy with the results. Let me know your opinions.
Cheers.