All my Life...- Eugene, OR

Well, here I go! This is something I would have...

Well, here I go!
This is something I would have liked to do earlier in my life, but this is how it work out.
I'm 52 years old, mother of one and grandmother of three.
So here a little history of me......
It was a different time when I was young in grade school, so much bullying and hard core teasing, you name it, and I was called it, about my nose. It made me a mean and a unhappy person. We do get over most of it, but yet don't forget ! Even as a adult I had so weird things happen.
I flight a little depression, but basically I have a good life and am happy!
I'm so excited to have this done, so far not nervous.
I want to be a role model to my daughter and grandchildren, that if you don't like something about yourself, change it! mentally or physically, you have the power.
I'm sure the nervous thing will kicking soon.
I read "Real Self" everyday, its really helped me to make this decision.
Thank you everyone for your sharing of your self's.
Trying to post pictures!

All my Life.........

Pictures ????????

Time is almost here !!

Tuesday at 7:30 am. Wow! hard to believe.
Starting to feel a little numb all over, nerves are starting to kick in!

The time is almost here!!!

Can't believe Tue. is almost here, one more full day, Wow!
Starting to feel the nerves kicking in, giving me a allover numb feeling.

Surgery, check

I made it! wow! Everything went good!
I did find out I'm a little "chatty Kathy" under the influence of drugs, when I woke up from surgery, I couldn't shut up, Lol!!! the bad thing is I remember part of it.
So I hope, my surgeon did a great job, time will tell, right.

And now the lovely pictures, Ha ha !

Day two, feeling good

One eye is bruised above and below and other eye just above, I think that's all good.

Being a little older, I had some vertical lines above and below my lips, I had those filled too at the time of surgery.

My two requests to my surgeon was I didn't want a piggy nose or daffy duck lips(rather below and above lips) Lol !

Bruising starting turn yellow

I feel the the best about mid day, I think I feel better each day, maybe a little back and forth.

This is Day 4 ! Picture time, It's a combo of Miss Piggy and Daffy Duck ! Lol !

Day 5, getting tired of getting tired!

Time is starting to drag.... but, cast is coming off Monday, I think!
I guess I'm confused about it, some people get a second cast or get it taped. I had open rhino, not sure if it makes a difference or not, maybe some else knows the answer to that. Thanks

All New Me !!!!

It's been a while since I've posted, right after surgery got the cold, had the cast on longer then I thought !

I love my new nose !! Plus, I cut my hair really short, cause I'm ok with my side view now, Lol!!!
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

So far everything has been great with the Doctor and his staff!

Hello and congratulations once again. You looked gorgeous in your last photo. How are you going now?
You look amazing! Love the post op result and the new haircut really brings out all your pretty features. So happy for you! :)
looks great :) i hope i will be as lucky as u are
Thank you ! and you will !
BEAUTIFUL! :D I also cut my hair bc of the surgery, well I did it like 5 days before surgery, but it's so good to have the confidence to wear short hair and not caring about the profile :) Plus it fits you so incredibly well! Love it! Congrats!
Thank you !
Thank you everyone for the nice comments! At 52 years old I have all new confidence in my self, what a great feeling! Any one thinking of doing rhinoplasty, I say, don't wait, just do it !
Wow you look lovely! The hair is great! And of course so is the nose! :)
I love your new look. Congrats.
You look marvelous! Love the new do! You heal fast! I'm just now feeling like I don't have any more bruising/dark circles. My nose still feels numb though. How are you feeling?
Oh wow you look simply amazing and that haircut is sooo gorgeous on you!!!!
You look great! I love your hair, too! Are you sure you got a cold? You know, a lot of people say they get a cold at about day 3-4 after surgery, but it's just the sinus membranes getting really swollen with terribly runny nose. I had, too! It wasn't a cold, just runny, runny, irritated nose!
This is great. wait to the final photos after the healing process. You just gave me the courage to do mine. Gonna start saving money for mine
I actually came up with a idea to refinance my car to pay for plastic surgery, I had about 1000.00 left to pay on my car at 1.8% . So the credit union did that for me, and just the right amount money I needed, so, 200.00 a month for 4 years at 1.8 percent. If there is a will, there is a way!
Thanks alot. Great advice. Feel so much better about this after going through this page. Have a speedy recovery
Looking great! Starting to get the yellow tinge...lol. That means healing! My cast was on for 7 days....I had a closed. My worst day was 5...just emotionally..coulda been PMS though...haha. It was all a cake walk after that. Everyday gets better. I went grocery shopping yesterday. Only saw one person I knew and just said hi as I walked (eeer flew) by. I did get a few looks....people probably wondered if I was abused...haha...but it's getting better everyday! Can't wait for the reveal!
So happy for you!!! I will know more tomorrow, my appointment is at 2:00, this cast thing is getting old, like a clothes pin in my nose, Lol!! So good hearing from you, thank you
You are still a newborn in terms of recovery :) Do not worry, the breaking point is usually at 7 days when you start feeling so much better, and you are more than halfway there! Also, the tip will drop. They always tape the tip higher, but in most cases, it drops as it's intended to. You shouldn't have any piggy look after your cast comes off. My tip took about 2 weeks gradually to drop - I even wish it was more upturned now. You can check on my pictures, I have some comparisons.
That's good to know, I wanted to go somewhere tonight,so my husband took me to the grocery store, I know that's what I wanted Lol! I did the hat and the hood with the head down look!! by the time I got home,I felt like crap, I think It was from keeping my head down to much, Lol!!! too much to soon! I think my cast comes on Tue.
Oh that was too much too soon! I'm surprised you even had the energy to go! :)) Good for you though that you made it and got to get out of the house. I remember wanting to get out, but wasn't brave enough! Didn't think of the hat thing :)
I agree that it looks like you don't have much bruising and swelling! You're lucky. :) No Miss Piggy or Daffy Duck here, and it's only going to get better!
Thank you!