My Picosure Journey

Hi everyone. This sight has helped me a lot over...

Hi everyone. This sight has helped me a lot over the past few months. I got a tattoo in May that I hated immediately afterwards. At first I was so regretful that I kind of went into depression mode. But then I thought, Chan, chill out, there is something you can do about this, it's not the end of the world! (I'd just like to add that if there is anyone suffering bad from the regret that comes of having a tattoo you don't like, please feel free to message me if you want to chat about it. Talking always helped me when I was at my lowest and believe me, I know how low it can make you feel).

So anyways, I brushed myself off, started researching tattoo removal and landed on Picosure as it is supposedly the best technology out there at the moment. I have a consultation booked for tomorrow morning at True Skin Medispa in Esher, Surrey. It's about a 2 hour drive from where I live but it's worth it for me personally.

My tattoo is all black, about 15 x 1 cm, down the side of my left forearm (such a visible area, eww, so not me!)

Although I do not have an exact quote for the removal of my tattoo yet, I expect it will be around £500 a session judging by the website guidelines. I am a student at university and have had to resort to using my scholarship money to fund my stupid decision, but I justify this by telling myself that getting rid of my tattoo may make me more employable in the future so il make my money back that way maybe - Silver lining and all that. So, oh well, lesson learned now let's move on :)

Il get back to you all soon!

...

Site*, not 'Sight'.. Wouldn't believe I'm an English student :/

My 'consultation'!

So basically, I made the 2 hour journey to the clinic today, I was nervous but kept telling myself 'one step at a time, it's just a consultation'.

As it turned out, I ended up having my first treatment! Having my treatment that day saved me £50 as the consultation fee acts as a deposit if used on the day. I was bricking it. As soon as I realised that it was happening there and then, my mouth went completely dry, my stomach was flipping and I started sweating like a crazy person. But the laser technician was so nice, she got me some water and reassured me that it would only last about 2 minutes.

She passed the laser over a small section first, and though it does hurt, a flush of releif ran through me as I realised 'it's not that bad'. It is worse than getting the tattoo but not massively worse. It really does feel like hot rubber bands flicking against your skin over and over in quick succession, but it's really nothing unbearable. I do have a fairly high pain threshold (I think getting a tattoo actually feels nice)...

It literally was over in 2 minutes, that included her stopping for little breaks between sections.

It cost me £449 altogether today. I haven't removed the gauze yet to put more Vaseline on so I'm actually not sure what it looks like! Il take pictures and update you tomorrow.

Can anyone remind me how often Vaseline (or alike) needs to be applied to the area. She told me but I can't remember :/ lol.

Speak to you soon!

The Grand Unveiling

Well, this is my tattoo approximately 10 hours after treatment. Hideous. But it's what I expected and I know it's only temporary so I'm not really bothered :) It doesn't really hurt much, but it has blistered unfortunately. I'm quite anxious to see what the cloud shading will look like once the ugliness has settled down, I can kind if see through the swelling and it looks significantly lighter! No immediate change with the writing but I didn't think there would be. So far, no real concerns.

Quick update...

4 days since treatment and swelling has gone down a fair bit but it's still red and a bit gruesome looking! The itching has begun this morning so hopefully that means I'm nearing the end of the healing proccess. Will update with a 'one week later' picture on Friday :)

8 days later...

Decided to hold off posting any pictures at this point as it's not fully healed. Bit disappointed with the result at the moment. The laser seems to have done nothing to the writing. I thought I'd at least see slight break up or fading but no such luck. I STILL can't tell what's happened to the shading because it's all completely scabbed over, il have to wait until it has flaked off I suppose. I'll post pictures then. But I guess it's still early days, I'm not letting it bother me at the moment because its too cold to have my arms out anyway! So it's not really affecting me, I'm just anxious to see what has happened to the shading, hopefully it's a darn sight more than what's happened to the writing!

Timeline update!

So I woke up this morning and the flaking of the scabs has begun. The skin underneath is slightly pink and shiny but almost completely ink-free! So excited for it all to peel off :) This refers only to the cloud shading. The writing remains pretty much intact at the moment.

Any ideas?

Hey guys, as you can see the laser has made a crazy impact on my tattoo as it seems that all the shading will be pretty much gone when the scabs shed completely after just one session. It's exceeded my expectations so far and I'm really happy with how it's going :)

Just one question, I don't know if you can see from the picture but where the scabs were, the skin is pink and shiny. Is this scarring or just new skin. If anyone has any info or tips on how best to repair it, please comment and let me know :)

Thanks!

17 days later...

Hello all, this is what my tattoo looks like now. All the scabs have fallen off and the fading is pretty impressive. The kind of 'shadow' from the shading that you can see is mostly just the redness of the new skin. There is a tiny but of ink left in places but I expect this will disperse and I'm hoping I won't need any more treatments on that part of the tattoo.
The writing also looks faded and the lines look thinner. I'm applying bio oil twice daily to the tattoo :)

So far so good. The proccess has been so much less scary than I thought it would be, in fact it's been a bit of a breeze so far and I highly reccomend picosure to anyone considering tattoo removal. It works!

Il post again with a picture when the pinkness has gone down completely and my tattoo is kind of in it's 'resting state' if you will.

Bye for now!