My Picosure Journey

Hi everyone. This sight has helped me a lot over...

Hi everyone. This sight has helped me a lot over the past few months. I got a tattoo in May that I hated immediately afterwards. At first I was so regretful that I kind of went into depression mode. But then I thought, Chan, chill out, there is something you can do about this, it's not the end of the world! (I'd just like to add that if there is anyone suffering bad from the regret that comes of having a tattoo you don't like, please feel free to message me if you want to chat about it. Talking always helped me when I was at my lowest and believe me, I know how low it can make you feel).

So anyways, I brushed myself off, started researching tattoo removal and landed on Picosure as it is supposedly the best technology out there at the moment. I have a consultation booked for tomorrow morning at True Skin Medispa in Esher, Surrey. It's about a 2 hour drive from where I live but it's worth it for me personally.

My tattoo is all black, about 15 x 1 cm, down the side of my left forearm (such a visible area, eww, so not me!)

Although I do not have an exact quote for the removal of my tattoo yet, I expect it will be around £500 a session judging by the website guidelines. I am a student at university and have had to resort to using my scholarship money to fund my stupid decision, but I justify this by telling myself that getting rid of my tattoo may make me more employable in the future so il make my money back that way maybe - Silver lining and all that. So, oh well, lesson learned now let's move on :)

Il get back to you all soon!

...

Site*, not 'Sight'.. Wouldn't believe I'm an English student :/

My 'consultation'!

So basically, I made the 2 hour journey to the clinic today, I was nervous but kept telling myself 'one step at a time, it's just a consultation'.

As it turned out, I ended up having my first treatment! Having my treatment that day saved me £50 as the consultation fee acts as a deposit if used on the day. I was bricking it. As soon as I realised that it was happening there and then, my mouth went completely dry, my stomach was flipping and I started sweating like a crazy person. But the laser technician was so nice, she got me some water and reassured me that it would only last about 2 minutes.

She passed the laser over a small section first, and though it does hurt, a flush of releif ran through me as I realised 'it's not that bad'. It is worse than getting the tattoo but not massively worse. It really does feel like hot rubber bands flicking against your skin over and over in quick succession, but it's really nothing unbearable. I do have a fairly high pain threshold (I think getting a tattoo actually feels nice)...

It literally was over in 2 minutes, that included her stopping for little breaks between sections.

It cost me £449 altogether today. I haven't removed the gauze yet to put more Vaseline on so I'm actually not sure what it looks like! Il take pictures and update you tomorrow.

Can anyone remind me how often Vaseline (or alike) needs to be applied to the area. She told me but I can't remember :/ lol.

Speak to you soon!

The Grand Unveiling

Well, this is my tattoo approximately 10 hours after treatment. Hideous. But it's what I expected and I know it's only temporary so I'm not really bothered :) It doesn't really hurt much, but it has blistered unfortunately. I'm quite anxious to see what the cloud shading will look like once the ugliness has settled down, I can kind if see through the swelling and it looks significantly lighter! No immediate change with the writing but I didn't think there would be. So far, no real concerns.

Quick update...

4 days since treatment and swelling has gone down a fair bit but it's still red and a bit gruesome looking! The itching has begun this morning so hopefully that means I'm nearing the end of the healing proccess. Will update with a 'one week later' picture on Friday :)

8 days later...

Decided to hold off posting any pictures at this point as it's not fully healed. Bit disappointed with the result at the moment. The laser seems to have done nothing to the writing. I thought I'd at least see slight break up or fading but no such luck. I STILL can't tell what's happened to the shading because it's all completely scabbed over, il have to wait until it has flaked off I suppose. I'll post pictures then. But I guess it's still early days, I'm not letting it bother me at the moment because its too cold to have my arms out anyway! So it's not really affecting me, I'm just anxious to see what has happened to the shading, hopefully it's a darn sight more than what's happened to the writing!

Timeline update!

So I woke up this morning and the flaking of the scabs has begun. The skin underneath is slightly pink and shiny but almost completely ink-free! So excited for it all to peel off :) This refers only to the cloud shading. The writing remains pretty much intact at the moment.

Any ideas?

Hey guys, as you can see the laser has made a crazy impact on my tattoo as it seems that all the shading will be pretty much gone when the scabs shed completely after just one session. It's exceeded my expectations so far and I'm really happy with how it's going :)

Just one question, I don't know if you can see from the picture but where the scabs were, the skin is pink and shiny. Is this scarring or just new skin. If anyone has any info or tips on how best to repair it, please comment and let me know :)

Thanks!

17 days later...

Hello all, this is what my tattoo looks like now. All the scabs have fallen off and the fading is pretty impressive. The kind of 'shadow' from the shading that you can see is mostly just the redness of the new skin. There is a tiny but of ink left in places but I expect this will disperse and I'm hoping I won't need any more treatments on that part of the tattoo.
The writing also looks faded and the lines look thinner. I'm applying bio oil twice daily to the tattoo :)

So far so good. The proccess has been so much less scary than I thought it would be, in fact it's been a bit of a breeze so far and I highly reccomend picosure to anyone considering tattoo removal. It works!

Il post again with a picture when the pinkness has gone down completely and my tattoo is kind of in it's 'resting state' if you will.

Bye for now!
True Skin Medispa

Hey there, would love an update, how is the fading coming along? Have you had any additional treatments since you last posted?
Hey, looks like you were seeing some good results! How has the process been treating you since the last post? Thanks for sharing
Hi Chantel, I was really happy to come across your review! I have a black only tattoo in almost the exact same spot. Same story basically too - I got the tattoo because I loved the message but right away realized a large forearm tattoo is not ME. Your fading after treatment 1 looks really good! I just started my removal today and am hoping to have results as nice as yours! Thanks for sharing.
Hey! How is that fresh skin looking now? Is the shaded area almost looking like nothing was ever there??
pink skin is not new skin it is scarring.it usually from scabs and to much trauma. you should take at least 3 months off to avoid permanent scarring
Thanks for sharing! This really gives me hope in a tattoo that I wish was placed somewhere else. It makes me so depressed because it was done beautifully but it's in an area on my arm that I thought I would like but I don't. I'm really considering picosure I'm just so nervous about scarring. How's your arm healing? The area where the shading use to be, is it still pink and shiny? I'm so nervous I just want my arm to look like there was nothing ever there with no scarring. :(
It's looking so good! I had my first appointment on Saturday and I can't wait to see what my results will look like after the scabbing stage. I posted my pics: http://www.realself.com/review/vernon-hills-il-excited-after-my-treatment-picosure?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RevApp&utm_content=H1.ConfirmRev
Hey, I took a look at your photos. Looks to me like you're going to see really good results from your first treatment! :)
That is Impressive, you must be so happy to see such results so quickly! I went for a laser patch test on mine a few days ago and haven't seen any changes at all! I know its not hoing to happen over night, but Going for a full treatment on Saturday on the whole tattoo, so the process begins! I wish I could afford to go and have picosure as the results look amazing, I am worried normal q tech won't have as good results but its my only option at the moment:-( it's the colours I worry about:-(
Well if your patch test was on lining rather than shading then I wouldn't expect to see results straight away. The lining of mine still looks pretty much the same. I've seen some really good results with normal q-switched lasers. Ultimately, they do exactly the same thing as the picosure lasers, it just takes a bit longer :) so don't worry.
I have no shading on mine so probably will be a while before I notice anything! I have my first full session on Saturday. I worry about the colours in mine though they have already told me that the blue will not shift where as anyone who has had Picosure said this was one of the easiest colours to lift.... It's all to confusing this is going to be one hellava lesson I'm learning lol!
Yeah it will take longer to see any real differences with lines, as you can see from my pictures, the letters haven't really changed all that much. But it's just a case of being patient :) I can't comment first hand on the removal of colours as my tattoo is just black and grey. But I've heard that blues can respond pretty well. It's green, red and yellow that the old lasers struggle with I think. Using different lasers for different colours can combat this problem though, so maybe speak to your laser technician about that?
Looks great! Impressive fading so far.
Thankyou! :)
Hey, I think the pink skin is pretty normal. It should return back to normal over time. Still can't believe how much shading has come out!
Okay thankyou! I hope so :) do you think bio oil is a good idea once the scab has gone? Neither can I to be honest, I'm really impressed! How's yours coming along?
Bio oil is a great idea. You'll probably need to wait another week to ten days perhaps. The surface should hopefully be all but healed by then I would have thought! I'm putting it on once a day before bed. Hopefully it keeps any scars at bay. Mine is doing ok. My darker areas are breaking up now and some of the lettering is on its way out. I'm incredibly impatient, which makes this whole thing very difficult. Just gotta keep our eyes on the prize I guess! When do you'll think you'll schedule your next treatment for? Are you still going to give it a few months?
Yeah I think il buy some once it's all healed up. Oh good, when's your next treatment? Yeah I probably won't even think about booking my next session until around January. I'm in no rush really :)
Cool, that'll give it a good amount of time to heal properly. My next one is booked for Nov 29th, seems a lifetime away!
Yeah :) Oh that's not so long, it'l come round fast.
Awesome! I really hope at least one color almost totally disappears after my first treatment too
It seems to be that picosure removes shading super fast. I've seen it in quite a lot of cases :) it's outlines that take a while to break down. Good luck!
Do you know if picosure tends to be better at removing color than black? In general, I mean. Obviously in your case it's going to take a few more rounds
I've seen examples where it has almost completely removed blues and purples but I think it struggles with red. Black is said to be the most responsive of all.

Hi there EmkyKyme check out this question posted by another member PicoSure Laser for Quicker Tattoo Removal?