My Picosure Diary - Esher, GB

I have a tattoo that is 27 years old and I have...

I have a tattoo that is 27 years old and I have hated it for almost as long. This year I decided to do something about it. After reading about the diferent types of laser I opted for Picosure. I was very nervous as have seen and heard of some awful results with normal laser removal. the pain wasn't as bad as I was expecting, although far from pleasant, it was bareable and also very quick - literally felt like it took a couple of minutes. I am not sure how effective it has been so far, but have been told it will continue to fade between treatments. Its very expensive, so am going to have 3 treatments, then review if i feel it has been worth it. I am hoping it will though - just to be able to have the confidence to wear sleeveless tops again without feeling like self conscious.

Next session looming!!

Well I have my second session on Friday and am feeling slightly nervous. Really hoping to see some better fading this time. The cost is stressing me before Christmas but I want this gone more than anything. I've put it off for so long I need to be patient and remind myself that hopefully next summer I can wear the sleeveless dresses to work that I've wanted to for years!!!!

Second session today

Had Christina carry out my session today. Although she put the machine on a higher setting this time, I didn't think it hurt so much. It's very blistered tonight and quite swollen. Pics will follow

The day after

Well it's looking disgusting this morning. No Eva I didn't use any numbing cream or pain killers

4 days after 2nd session

Itching started. Blistering gone. Not sure how much will have gone. I guess time will tell

A week after 2nd session

Scabbing finally starting to go and so far looking pretty faded underneath

Before and two treatments later

Third treatment

Had my third session yesterday. The pain is getting far easier each time. I think it's a case of knowing what to expect means I can handle it better.
Hoping only one more session and it will be gone. Booked for end of March

4th treatment

Getting there but frustrating as was wanting it gone before my holiday at end of May :(
trueskin

Looks good! How long do you wait between sessions?
I've been going every two months
Wow, that's come a long way- it looks like you have some really great fading for only 4 treatments!! Hang in there; I'm sure you'll see more fading in the coming weeks :)
4th treatment yesterday. Hardly any blisters today. Think I will still need more after this but it is getting there. The black ink is so stubborn
You are making great progress!! Fingers crossed for you that March is your last session. Can you update a photo after it's healed?
Had my third treatment yesterday. Hoping only one more and it will be gone
Hi there :) it's nice to find someone on here who's going to the same clinic as me for picosure! I've had 8 normal laser treatments so far and my tattoo has faded significantly and I'm trying picosure in Feb. Good luck with your results!
Thank you I will try that as am worried about scarring
Nice fading :) rosehip oil/bio-oil is good from the scabbing stage onward...they are rich in omegas which help replenish cells and moisturize.
Thanks Andrew I will try to be patient and wait a bit longer. Would be nice to be rid by the summer!!
Looking good! Think if your willing to wait 5/6 months for your next treatment it will probably be your last. Your tattoo will fade so much more in the meantime with it being on you for so long. Congrats
I'm so pleased as can finally see a difference. They told me it shouldn't take more than 4 treatments which I thought was optimistic but I think they may be right now :)
You're fading looks great!

Oh wow! Looks like your going to see some amazing fading!! Please keep us updated :)

Thats starting to look really promising the end may not be so far away for you!
Must admit I normally do spinning every day but putting it off as don't want to get it sweaty!! Finding it hard to know what to do exercise wise - I get frustrated bit doing too much but until the scabs have gone I'm worried about it stinging
Mines on my ankle and stings a lot due to the huge blisters that have only just gone down. The rubbing of the gauze on the raw skin isn't ideal for healing so I think I'll put off exercise a few more days til its better. Spinning everyday way to make me feel lazy?! I haven't got scabs maybes its too early for me?
Mines been 6 days and the blister has went down but its still too painful to do any exercise. Now mines a similar state to yours. I speed walk literally everywhere (I ought to buy a pedometer to figure out how much I do) do you think this is active enough given the circumstances?

Oh, you are brave, it's so painful!! That is how mine looks, if not worse after treatment - check out my review Blackberry11  After my first session It looked like someone took a hot iron and held it on my back...it was so blistered...and dark...I was terrified. But it healed all up no problem. One concern I had was the green turned black, or really dark, and I thought oh oh - as some colors can change color and go darker, but it went back to green. Hope your weekend is off to a great start!!

Thanks for the update, look forward to the photos! Did you use numbing cream?

ouch!! hopefully your blister will go down in a couple of days. Have you got any before and after pics? It gives me so much hope when I see other peoples successes on here. My worry isnt so much the pain, but I have a tendancy to faint - even thinking about it or watching other people have it done on youtube makes me go funny! luckily the lady that did my last treatment was very understanding and let me lay down afterwards in their spa with a drink until I had recovered properly!
Hi ive just had my first treatment I used emla numbing cream and it did the trick was bareable. I have a humongous blister formed after just an hour its so big and red i'm worried :( good luck for your next treatment
Hi im about to go for my 1st treatment at trueskin on the 26th! I had a patch test and now im terrified of the pain, i'm also not impressed with the price either but I suppose it will mean longer time between treatments to save up so it fades more. Did you use any numbing cream?
Hi Amy. Yes the price is ridiculous I agree, but I'm really hoping it will be worth it in the long run. They didn't use numbing cream and all I can say is the pain is bearable!!! I just had to close my eyes and try to switch off from it all. The staff there are amazing though and you certainly feel like you are in professional hands. Good luck with your treatment and keep us posted :)
Hi Daisy, welcome to the site! Looks like you're already seen some results after only one treatment. The periods in between treatments are when most of the work happens. The key thing to remember during this process is the art of patience. If you're not a patient person then you will be by the end of it! Do you have your next session booked?