Rhinoplasty with Dr. Geoffrey Tobias - Englewood, NJ

Hey Everyone! So I have the same reason for...

Hey Everyone!
So I have the same reason for getting rhinoplasty as most of you guys. Never liked my nose, especially the side profile and 45 degree angle profile.
I did a lot of research and found Dr. Tobias! He is a no nonsense doctor as everyone says but I really like that in a doctor. He was straight forward and to the point and my favorite part was he said that he was going to give me the best version of my nose, not someone else's. I went to a consultation with him ($150) and felt really confident with him so 3 weeks later I went into surgery! To be honest i had no real problems with the front of my nose just the fact that you could see the bridge...
Dr Tobias and I discussed not touching the tip, taking down the bridge and smoothing out the side ridges so it was straight and even. Exactly what I wanted.

Post-op day 1 and 2

Hey all, Ive been really lazy for the past two days, just resting and keeping my head up. I have been taking my pain meds so I don't feel any pain but there is definitely pressure on my nose. Im still dripping blood and mucus which is also annoying and I'm too scared to clean around my nose. Im a little worried about my profile at this point. I can't tell if my cast is showing an accurate representation of my profile (I hope to god its not) or if underneath the cast it will be a straight and feminine looking profile. I called my doctor yesterday to see how everything went. Apparently we had talked when I woke up but I was so drugged that I don't remember any of it. We talked and he immediately told me that I should expect 90% perfect and not to be upset or nervous about what it looks like when the cast is off. It made me feel kind of nervous that he said 90%. I expected that he would say he did a better job... or at least say it in a different way. I don't even know what 90% better looks like...
Any words of wisdom or encouragement are greatly appreciated
Congrats. Can you post the after photos? thanks for sharing your experience.
Ill try to post the whole process:)

Closed Rhinoplasty

By the way it was a closed rhinoplasty. There are not cuts on the outside of my nose, only inside my nostrils. I wanted him to keep the bottom of my nose the same and just take down the hump as well as narrow the hump on the top. My dorsal hump not only stuck out but was also wide. I had an "hour glass figure" nose.

I'm so glad you started your story on RealSelf! Like your dr. said, don't get too freaked out when the cast comes off. You'll be really swollen and it will take time for your results to become clear. I don't think you can tell what you will look like at all with the cast still on (especially if you had only bridge work done).

Please keep us posted on how you're healing!

Thanks! Ill try to keep you guys updated on every change in my healing
Looks like your feeling really good! Congrats! Thanks for posting!!!!

Day before cast removal!

Alright guys, tomorrow is the day of my cast removal and I am so excited to see whats underneath his thing. I wanted to let everyone know my experience with healing because it seems to be really different than everyone else's. First of all I didn't prepare at all for my surgery. I planned it and 2 weeks later I went under the knife. I didn't take any anti bruising supplements or eat a specific diet, in fact I broke some of the rules. 2 nights before my surgery I had a vodka red bull with some friends and a few cigarettes. Of course after I called my doctor so nervous that it was going to affect my surgery and they said I would be fine. After my surgery I did not get nauseous only because I am very prone to nausea and they pumped me full of anti nausea medication. And that was it I came home. From that point on I was in no pain (only pressure as everyone else mentions) I walked around a little, watched tv, walked up and down stairs, felt fine but obviously still on drugs, and slept with a few pillows under my head. I tried to ice my eyes for about 4 minutes each (but it was hard because I kept feeling like my nose was being pushed from the ice). The next day I woke up and saw the beginning of my bruising, (now I say the beginning because I have researched enough to know it only gets worse.) And it didn't. My bruising was just a little light blue shade under my eyes, without con sealer they were barely noticeable, with con sealer I looked normal, (other than my HUGE face cast...) My upper lips stays down to the middle of my teeth, which is normal and my breathing isn't coming through my nose yet (however I haven't cleaned my nose yet from all the shit inside either so that doesn't help.)
So far I have had a really amazing recovery but that is due to the fact that everyone heals differently and you can never know what to expect.

It's cast off day! Please let us know what you think.

That is so funny you saying that, about the cast being the shape of your nose! Cause, I'm thinking the same thing about mine! my cast is also coming off tomorrow. Please keep me updated, we will compare stories.
For sure! ill update as soon as I get home from my appointment

Best day of my life!

Got my cast off!! So incredibly happy with the results! It is exactly what I wanted!

Cast off

Dr. Tobias takes out the packing within the first few hours after surgery (you usually don't remember it) so the only thing I had today was taking off the cast and cleaning the nostrils. I almost fainted/threw up. I don't know what happened to me but it just really freaked me out. anyway so glad its over with! and so happy!!!
you look amazing!
Thanks:)
-very natural results! I think it looks great! :)

Cast off

So today has been the first and only day that my cast has been off and it has been so far the best day of my life!!! My nose has gotten a bit more swollen since the morning and it feels like a balloon. Anyway Its been the best day of my life and I'm obsessed with looking in the mirror. Im so happy with the way it looks because it just looks so natural!
Wow what a super-cute nose!!!
Omg ur so pretty in the Mexico photo, and I agree, your surgeon did a great job!
You look great! I feel ya, cast removal day was the third happiest day of my life (right after the days when my two sons were born lol). It feels so good to be able to look in the mirror and not only see a nose! Happy for you:-)

day 2 cast off

Hey everyone! its my second day with my cast off! still loving my nose even though now its a little bit more swollen than yesterday. You can't tell too much in the looks but i can feel that there is much more pressure. I wanted to share a picture of my nostrils because I think that my nostrils are more even now than they were before so thats awesome!! Also a question, How do i clean out my nose??? q-tips?

Nostrils before

I have never found anyone's nose that had an hourglass figure like mine until I found your page. Thank you for posting and your new nose looks absolutely stunning on you, you're gorgeous!
Thanks! and yeah ill upload some more before pictures and you can see really how hourglass it was... (yesterday and today have so far been the best days of my life:) )

More before (demonstrating the hourglass nose)

Lol you before nose looks like my before nose, all hourglass-y!!! Haha, happy to be rid of that thing;)
glad its something we can laugh about now... :)
Me too;) But ok I just realized my first comment sounds like i am completely dissing your pre-op nose - this was NOT my intention, I think you looked stunning even before the surgery, just to clarify:) It made me laugh because thats the same kind of facial expression I used to make at myself in the mirror haha;)

Peak of swelling

Hey guys so I just woke up and its my third day with no cast so anyway my swelling should be more and my doctor said in the morning it will be worse. I wanted to show you guys the peak of my swelling. And still even with the swelling, it is so much better than the old nose:)
Also sorry guys, my skin is greasy and my eyes are puffy because this is actually the first thing I did when I woke up haha, enjoy:)
your new nose looks awesome. Those are some great results. So happy for you!
Love ,Love, Love your nose. It looks beautiful and natural. I agree with you...I love the slight bump on your profile, because it looks like a NATURALLY pretty nose. Completely smooth looks more like a nose job. You look fabulous!
You look adorable! Great, natural looking results. Happy for you. :)

Feeling self conscious

Hey guys! so Its been a little more than a week since my nose job and Im starting to feel really self conscious! I know its swollen, and that might be why I dislike it so much right now. I feel like its fat (which is obviously because of the swelling) but I dont like my profile or 3/4 profile. Im feeling really bad about myself right now and I know its all part of the process but the way I feel is there isnt much of a change in my nose.

I know this is all part of the process of healing, including the self conscious part...but it doesnt mean I like it...
Hi, any new pics? How is your nose now?
Check out my new pictures:)
How's it going are you ok ?

Recent Pictures

How much did this cost?
Hi, great results! You look amazing! I had my rhinoplasty operation 2 weeks ago and I'm quite happy with the results although I'm a bit concerned about a slight bump on one side of my nose... In regards to the bump you had, did it end up disappearing? Also, what did it feel like? Mine feels a bit hard... Thanks!
You look very beautiful. I hope you are happy with your results. Thanks for the lovely photos.
Englewood Facial Plastic Surgeon