2 Weeks Away - Englewood, NJ

I am super excited to have this breast reduction. ...

I am super excited to have this breast reduction. I have been wanting to do this since I was 17. When I was 12 I was developed into a 36C and every year I got bigger. I am now 27 190 lbs and a 36-38 J or H depending on the bra. I have wrapped up most of my identity in these things as that's how people mostly know me (small town) and talk about my gigantic breasts , it's always been a part of almost every conversation I have had since i was 12. I am now happily married and ready to move on and be the person behind the boobs. I sit at a desk 40 hours a week and am in constant pain. I so scared I'm going to end up hunched over permanently. Despite my boobs, I maintain a pretty active life, I was a cheerleader all 4 years of high school, I go to the gym (reg bra+sports bra always poss 2), I had the best time runnin the dirty girl 5k obstacle for breast cancer. I just wish it wasn't a struggle, a struggle to sleep with my 10 pills propping up my back, or to find clothes, most importantly to breathe. When I hold my breasts up, it's like a weight is lifted off my shoulders and I can breathe SO SO much easier.

So I have made the bold choice to finally do this. I have been researching this for years and I love this site, it's really helped me, and now I want to help other people. I'm going give my personal experience with this whole thing.

The one thing I haven't been able to find is about smoking more specifically anyone who smoked and their nipple didn't fall off. I smoke about 5-8 cigarettes a day for about 13 years. When my surgery was schedueled 8/7, I was told I need to stop completely. I have researched this up and down.. turns out there are the obviously possible complication with anesthesia and the healing process. I have been under general twice before as a smoker and had no complications (that obviously doesn't make it ok, I'm just sayind) So I have attempted my hardest to quit, I am now down to smoking 1/2 cigarette a day. I am trying really hard to stop completely, but it's the hardest thing ever. I promised myself I would not have one 48hrs before surgery and after till I am completely healed. I also have been trying to lose some weigh before surgery, but with quitting smoking, I find myself without control eating everything in site.

I can't wait for my pre-op appointment with my PS next wednesday to get all my last minute question out of the way.

Any advice or ideas for questions ( like ones you wished you would have asked but didn't) I'm all ears :)

Inside My Excited Brain

So I basically drown my nicotine withdrawel/ anxiety with excitment over my new life as I like to call it. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment and I know the road is just beginning, but I keep imagining life without the these extra 3-4 pounds on my shoulders and I can't imagine how lucky the people are who never bare this burden.

I went to walmart last night to find a a front-zip sports bra, no luck. But I am a professional shopper and will certainly find a moderately priced one this weekend.

I've been slacking on working out, but I decided to make a last strong attempt and started my XBox 360 NikeFit 4 week training program. I know I can do only 2 week, but 2 is better than 0. So after I strapped on my extra bra's and did the workout I was exhausted. As I made my way to shower, and disrobed a familiar friend was there to great me. (i.e. my photo)

I have skin problems, it's definately genetic, but it's also due somewhat to my body type. I usually get the cysts or boils on my bikini line, but over the past 5-6 years they have been under my breasts. Definately due to my active lifestyle of creating sweat under my breasts. They swell, they pop, they hurt, they are hideous. I looked at them and I said "your gone in 2 weeks". Funny thing is my friends refer to them as " those things we get" so if you do too, your not alone.

I am a super-confident self assured person. I think I am wonderful lol. Ever since I booked the surgery, I look at myself (the self I've become accustomed to) and I think, they aren't that big, they fit my body, am I doing the right thing? Then when I take everything off and I look in the mirror I'm unhappy and excited. I see exactly how disproportionate they are, and how unhealthy they look. Then I lift them up, where they should be (about 4-5 inches not sure) and feel the weight lifted from my ribcage and take a great big easy breathe, and I know I'm doing the right thing for me.

2 days pre op

Supposed to work today...but woke up with the worst sore throat ever and mikd congestion... Super scared im going to have to cancel surgery.. Call the ps.. He said as long as i dont have a fever i will be ok... Start a hot tea coufh droo

late posts because of my head cold

I'm going to backdate my blog because i was too sick to stay current please follow along ty

1 Day Pre-Op 9/4/13 Head Cold Stage 2

i wake up and my head cold has moved to stage 2, the sore throat is gone, but I am now fully congested and feel like crap. I drink an entire bottle of OJ and about 13 cups of tea with only honey n lemon, and 1 can of progresso of chicken soup 2 packages of lipton chicken noodle soup. Periodically running a mind fever 99-100.7 keeping a cold rag on and off my forehead. So scared they won't take me. I get my friend to braid my hair, so I don't have to worry about it. I finally get to bed (full of snot) pray I wake up and pass the pre-op stuff at the surgery center

*BIG DAY 9/5/13*

I was so concerned about being healthy enough to go through, I didn't have time to be nervous. my husband woke me up at 5 am and we got ready took care of the dog ( made him an egg, while i couldn't eat anything obvi ) and were on out way. I'd been working on a roll of toilet paper over the last 2 days and brought the last of it in my pocket, blowing my nose all the way there.

I apparently did not read my pre-op letter correctly, I though it said only water, not no water. I had a few sips on the way there (which according to the anesthesiologist could have killed me).

Surgery went excellent, I woke up , crazy thirsty and burning in my boobs. They made me wait ( i hate that) a few minutes after I woke up to drink, and then the lady had an issue with my sucking down my apple juice. Between the cold and whatever they did while was under, what did they expect. I has 2 apple juice boxes 2 lorna doones cookies (love them) and I was release about 45 minutes after waking up (although I was so woosey I had no sense of time)

I got home took a perc and remained in and out of conciousness for the rest of the day. I set up shop reclined on my love seat in front of my TV. Surrounded by pillows. Eating a yogurt , 4sips of my mother in laws chicken soup (even though she makes it phenomenal) and lots of cranberry and green tea. Taking a percocet every 4 hours. My Breasts consistently burned.. and the pills made it tolerable.. I started developing a mild fever again and icing my breasts with e ice packs (after googling i saw to use them and not to, when i read that I stopped and got ice bag from my mom) i was awake and sleeping all night.

day 3 post op

I have been following my ps orders exactly... waited 48 hours to change the dressings..good thing my husbands aunt eho lives around the corner is a nurse... she cleaned me..then my mom washed me up..then re dressed me... I didnt want to take shower..im being super cautious...theylook great to me...took a walk today...I have full range of my right arm.. the left one is kinds tight.. im keeping it close to me... ive been icing them with an old fashioned ice pack since I got home..but stopped this morning..I also took my last perc last night..... cant wait to be fully healed! Im walking around hunched over..just protecting my goods...mynplan is to clean n redress tomm and look forward to the steristripsncoming off on wed at my1week post op.....as far as my cold its prettymuch gone...im just coughing up phlem...hisnaunt told me to hug a fluffy pillow when I cough... worked like a charm..helped me stabalize n still get it out...I already feel so happy and blessd to feeling alright n them looking good..I feel so free...I could cry..even if I godforbid get a complication..this is 1000000% worth it

pics

smoking

In essence tge cold was kind of a blessing as indid stop smokin last money....inthink about it so much...even a week out...but im so excited for these new boobs...im staying strong for min a month post op.. small goals.. at least its something

orange discharge

So my dr doesnt use drains... But even ppl who did have them.. Still said they got this...

discharge

post op

I'm so excited for my post op tomorrow... I really want the steri-strips off. I am so freaking itchy

bleeding..

So ive been leaking for awhile some honey colored fluid from my bottom scars... But it slowed down almost completely...however now.. Im bleeding from two incision lines on my left breast.. I called the ps... He said to remove the steristrips clean the area n put antobiotic ointment n cover... i forgot to mention at my 6 day post op visit he removed half thr steristrips on lmy left breast...i removed the nipple ones today... Its really a

bleeding

Its really annoying n scary to me to be bleeding from the line down and where the t meets.. I amd grateful my right breast has not has any problems n is healing perfectly...but these left boob problems r really diheartening

bleeding pics

t blood

half normal half not

Im still bleeding from my left boob.. There is a hole in my boob..seperation in the incision line ..right at the T .. I guess everyrhing cant be perfect about this experience.. My right boob is healing perfectly.. I cant wait to see my ps in 2 days...from my reading its a normal problem.. But i still hope he will stitch it or something ..just to make it stop bleeding...im going through a gauze every 3 hours

right breast