26 Years Old, Closed Rhinoplasty July 18th - Englewood, CO

I am having a closed rhinoplasty performed on the...

I am having a closed rhinoplasty performed on the 18th. This is something I have wanted since I was very, very young. So young I don't remember not wanting to change my nose! I am relatively happy with everything else about myself, but I am just tired of feeling insecure about this wherever I go and whatever I do. So, I am finally doing it! I'm SUPER nervous (I've never had surgery before) but also extremely excited.

Have you gotten all your post surgery things? I wish you the best!
I'm getting there! Thanks very much for the well wishes.
Very exciting! Here's a list of some supplies for recovery that might come in handy for you.

The 18th will be here before you know it! Please keep us posted on your journey.

Adding picture (pre)

Here is a profile picture. Bumpy McBumperson. Thanks, German ancestors. (;

Yay your surgery date will get here before you know it! Good luck with everything!! Keep us posted xx.

Getting more excited/nervous every day

The closer I get to the date of the surgery, the more nervous/excited/distractable I am... and the more time I want to spend reading other people's experiences, both good and bad. I have most of my supplies - lots of vitamins, medicine, arnica, a humidifier, weirdly shaped pillows, books, etc. My biggest worries surround my boyfriend's reaction, and of course, what the heck am I going to look like?

My boyfriend is super supportive of, well, everything. He had the perfect reaction of, "you're beautiful the way you are, but if it makes you happy, I'll support you." But when I look like a horse kicked me in the face in a week and a couple days, I wonder if he'll have the same response. This is by and away the most selfish thing I've ever done. And the most money I have ever spent at one time.

That said, I am oddly looking forward to relaxing for a week and, of course, having this burden lifted off of me. It's something I never thought I would actually be able to afford or go through with. It will be such an adjustment to (hopefully) not look at pictures and just see that dang nose and be embarrassed.

Can we please just rewind to next Friday already? (;

Thanks very much! It's not coming soon enough (:

Oops

By "rewind" I mean "fast forward." My brain might be more nervous than I am?

Bet your super excited! only 8 more days! Ive only got 3 weeks till my big day and cannot wait! all the best! x
So excited! Time goes slower as I get closer to the day (: Best of luck on your big day too.

1 week away

1 week from now I'll be... well, probably a nervous wreck about to head into surgery. Seems surreal. Right now I'm just trying to figure out what to do with myself when, 3 days after surgery, my boyfriend's sister and her boyfriend randomly decided to come pick up their car from our house and stay with us. I am thinking I will just go to a hotel and tell them I'm out of town, but I would SOOOO much rather be at home resting.

Today also marks the day when I have to start pretending I like protein shakes and kale. And to start praying fervently that Dr. Shah knows what he's doing. Eeeekkkk

I have had the same feelings of you. My date is Aug 8th and I can't even imagine being as close to the date that you are at. It almost would seem like time is taking way too slow. That's how I feel like right now. I'm trying to not obsess over it and have other distractions, but it's so hard. I want to keep researching and write notes to tell the doc what i don't want! I'm like come on hurry it up now. I over analyze things too, so that's hard about the waiting thing, is i keep thinking about too much stuff that could or could not happen. I think being outdoors, staying active and being around nature and my dog have helped me. Good luck!!
Oh my goodness, I think you're my long lost twin. That's it exactly... I have a very analytical personality and I am just spending far too much time reading, researching, and finding new things to worry about or think about. (Google imaging "nose job recovery" isn't the best idea.) I've been running 5+ miles a day because I have all this energy I need to burn! Spending time with my dog and my boyfriend has been a great way to focus on something other than this. Your surgery date will be here before you know it, too, and hopefully I'll have a good experience to reassure you and let you know what to expect.
Yes! Totally! lol, it's so funny to because my partner said the same thing as yours did. I keep reminding him, i'm going to look totally messed up after and if he can handle it. LOL I think it's a good test! I think it will be kind of funny too, i mean for their reaction. I like grossing my guy out for some reason, it's weird i know. Wow, good for you on the 5+ miles! I want to start doing yoga again. I've been walking a lot. What i decided to do, because i would stay up all night on my laptop doing google searches like you, is to turn my computer off at 9 pm, although that hasn't been very successful, and just read or watch mind numbing tv, or read. I have also google searched and even you tubed an actual nose job procedure. It totally grossed me out and I had to turn the other way and only watch like a couple of sseconds of it. I get really squeamish, and i'm so afraid of surgery, this will be my first one. All the nose jobs that have gone wrong, really freak me out. I keep thinking i'm going to be part of the 4%. iT's such a crazy journey that only people like us understand. Sounds like you are doing great though. I'm excited for you!

My unrealistic dream?

I'm getting very concerned about the outcome of all of this and if it will be what I want it to be. I am going to be super annoying and send pictures of what I want to the doctor to see if it is at all realistic. Do you guys think this would be too aggressive or unrealistic? The surgery is Friday(!!) and I just want to make sure all of this will be worth it...

Harassing my doctor

I swear I'm not trying to be that crazy person, but I e-mailed my doc asking questions about what specifically they're going to do. They were great about responding quickly but now they're saying they're not going to break my nose and do a full rhinoplasty? I'm concerned that the doctor said that before and now his assistant is saying otherwise and saying that he's not doing a full rhinoplasty. I only want to do this once and I really need to be on the same page as my surgeon. As if my nerves weren't already haywire...

It is very important to be on the same page as your doctor!! It is your face and it is a big investment financially, physically, and emotionally. Does your doctor do a pre-op appt sometime before surgery? I had a consultation with my doctor, then a pre-op 2 weeks before my surgery date where we discussed the changes again, then day of right before surgery I made sure to clarify what I wanted. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!!
Thank you! I am seeing my doctor today to go over my concerns. We already had a pre-op but it was mostly paperwork and what to do/not do during recovery. He went over the changes briefly but what he said differs from what his assistant is saying. Hopefully we'll get on the same page today.
That's totally good I think you are wanting clarity on the situation, i mean it's your nose and yes, you don't want to do this again. I say keep emailing or calling until you know exactly what's going on. You have a right and it's your nose. I swear this waiting time is brutal, glad to know i'm not the only one not taking this lightly. I just want to get this dang thing over with!!! Keep us posted. Another thought is maybe they will just shave it down without breaking. I guess I should ask what exactly they will be doing, part of me doesn't even want to know as i get so squeamish. Will they be doing open or closed? Have you seen that list of questions to ask for rhino surgery? if not let me know i used it and it really helped!

Doc and I are on the same page

Ok, my doc and I are on the same page. So the plan is to make my nose narrower, get rid of the hump, narrow and decrease the size of the tip (and bring it up a little). Unfortunately he said by making my nose narrower it might make the bags under my eyes larger. Hopefully that won't be the case. Has anyone experienced that? I already have dark circles (though nobody seems to notice but me...) but hopefully that won't be the case. The doc said he would treat the circles with filler if that happens but he would have to wait two months and there are risks with fillers. And I don't want to do anything else - I want this to be it!

Anyways, I can't believe in two days I will be waking up with less of a nose. I need to start focusing on being excited rather than nervous!! Send me good thoughts! xx

gosh, i feel like you guys, I'm so nervous! I have the same fears, that it's going to look worse after, that i'm going to be the small percent where either something goes wrong or i hate my nose afterwards. I spent way too much time last night looking at all the "not worth it" botched jobs and i felt like i was going to get sick. I also have the fear of waking up during surgery, which would be a nightmare and then hating my nose even worse.
I'm really nervous too! I'm getting surgery for the bump on my nose the same day! Well, I guess we will both be nervous wrecks together!
I forget to mention I am FREAKING out!!! I don't want them to mess up my nose, I am scared I will feel pain during surgery! I have been obsessing and researching only to realize that I am making myself more scared. If I'm doing it, you can do it, if you can do it, I can do it. Also, if this makes you feel any better, if there was no anesthesia used, a nose surgery would not be the most painful, getting wisdom teeth taken out is the most painful because there are lots of nerve endings! And think, so many celebrities are doing nose surgeries, and they come out refreshed with beautiful noses. I think we both should relax

Surgery tomorrow!

I mentioned this to someone in the comments also, but I am actually feeling good about surgery tomorrow. I think I've accepted it is going to completely suck for a bit, but then get gradually better and better. My biggest concern right now (looks-wise) is that I'll have dark circles under my eyes after surgery. I have all my supplies and my boyfriend is so amazing and supportive that he wants to take time off work just to take care of me. I am feeling incredibly lucky and grateful right now.

I'll try to write tomorrow post-surgery! Thanks for your support guys, it means a ton.

Goodluck tomorrow! I'm so excited for you!
Oh girl, you can't do that to yourself! You are going to be completely fine. Better than fine! Maybe you can go over your concerns with your surgeon again just so he can reassure you or look at more of the good reviews on here (there are a lot of really good ones). I'm doing it first so you can see how okay everything will be.
Ah, will be thinking of you! So excited for you! Awesome your guy is taking time off, mine is too! I'm dragging him to my consultations too so he can scope them out. He's more rational and logical than me. Please keep us updated, so excited you're going to do amazing!!!!

I'm alive!

Im alive but bruised and this site isn't great on a tablet. Will update more later, xo

Hey Yankeesgirl! I just did my operation. I am resting in bed. No pain, but before surgery I was crying on the operating table. We both made it!!! Hope you rest well and take it easy:)
Yay, you did it!!!! So happy for you!
Thanks sweetie! If I can do it, anyone can! Now for the recovery... Fortunately I have an awesome caretaker.

Can finally write

Can finally write about yesterday and the operation. Things seemed to go smoothly. Signed in some paperwork/gave them my ID and insurance card in case anything went wrong, said goodbye to my boyfriend and told him if they mess up my nose I get a free boob job (he didn't think it was funny). Then I took a pregnancy test, talked over the meds with my doctor since he prescribed me NorCo which has the same active ingredient as Vicoden, to which I am allergic. He prescribed me something else but I wasn't too fond that he wrote me a script for something I'm to which I'm allergic after I told him about it. I only have one allergy. One! Anyways,figured that out, talked to the anesthesiologist, and went over with my doc for the last time what he would be doing. Getting rid of the hump, bringing the tip in and up a bit, narrowing my nose, and narrowing the nostrils.

As promised by my anesthesiologist in cowboy boots, I don't remember anything of the surgery. Just waking up and wondering where I was and why someone interrupted my dream. Post-surgery sucked. I was nauseous, burning up, in pain, dripping weird stuff out of my nose like crazy, tired of the IV (they freak me out), and the nurse brought in the anesthesiologist because she thought was he my boyfriend for some reason. After finding my actual boyfriend, he helped me force myself to have some crackers and water, and I took some Percocet and anti-nausea medicine which I desperately needed. The nurse put an nice pack on my eyes which were already turning black and blue. I'm very happy it was a decent experience overall, and I reallllyyy want it to be a week from now so I can see it. But I am disappointed at my huge black and blue eyes- Dr. Shah assured me that with his "rapid recovery protocol" which essentially includes 30 g of protein a day, Vitamin C and Bromelain, and lots of food high in vitamin K (as well as no smoking/drinking/all the regular warnings), he hardly ever sees black eyes. I did everything right, am 26 years old and super healthy, non-smoker and very light social drinker, but still have some horrible shiners. I am worried about going back to work in 9-10 days and still having them. I don't want people to think my boyfriend beat me or anything! Ugh so I'm annoyed at that and doing the arnica/icing deal. I read online that the bruises usually last 7-10 days but I've seen people on here with bruises for way longer.

Sleeping and breathing SUCKS day 1! I am still super tired and might try to take a nap. Fortunately a lot of the gross dripping subsided today- it was really driving me crazy. My favorite thing for my eyes so far as been Swiss Therapy Eye Mask Compresses... they feel sooo amazing and relaxing. Of course, you can't watch tv or anything with them on so I just sat for a few hours yesterday listening to comedy podcasts and chilling out with those on my eyes.

Here's some pics of the final before/waiting to go into surgery and my shiners after the surgery. I'm glad to be alive and can't wait to see my new nose! Will share more when hopefully my face looks less terrifying to children.

Girl wear those shiners proudly! You look great! I'm soooo happy for you !:):):) yay!!!
Congrats on making it to the other side! Try putting arnica cream on your bruises. Also eating lots of pineapple could help!
We did it! I'm resting as much as possible. I have a feeling I'm going to get super bored, quickly! Hope you're feeling painfree still. Mine is at bay, I'm just finding it super hard to sleep, even with Ambien. It is a super emotional experience and I wanted to cry a couple times too, even when they put the IV in. Hang in there! Thinking of you!

Well hello post-op blues...

Well hello post-op blues... not nice to meet you. I mean "blues" in two ways. One, I really look like I got in a fight. And I lost. I mean, I barely survived. I iced religiously for the first 48 hours (so until about an hour ago) and have been taking arnica/bromelain pills as well as putting on the gel. I bought makeup designed to cover up bruises online yesterday too. Two, looking like this and being useless all day is SUPER depressing. I would really like these shiners just to start to heal, but they are looking worse all the time. I have an appointment with Dr. Shah tomorrow and would really like to hear from him if I am going to look at all better by the time I have to go back to work in a week. Soooo... I'm bummed. Talk to you guys later. Warning - pics are gross too.

You're doing great! I'm excited to follow your progress :) fellow colorado girl here!
Hey you look great don't worry about the bruises. A few days you will look and feel better.
You're sweet but I feel like I look like a monster. I'd very much like to wake up and have these bruises gone!! Hope you're still enjoying your beautiful new nose.

First post-op appt and more recovery

Had my 3 day post-op appointment with Dr. Shah yesterday and it was the first time out of the house in three days. It was fun to be able to go do something but I still have huge bruises under my eyes so I tried to mask them with makeup. It didn't really work. I almost started crying when talking to Dr. Shah because I feel so gross and I have been super congested the last couple of days. He assured me that the bruises would be gone by Friday when I get my cast off and that I just had large blood vessels in my face which made me bruise easily. It makes some sense because I would always get bloody noses as a kid (having a larger nose and having bloody noses a lot is a self-esteem nightmare). Anyways, the bruises are SLOWLY getting better and I'm looking less terrifying. My nose feels super swollen under the cast too, but other than that I don't have much to complain about. Dr. Shah said my nose turned out really nicely. I can't wait to see! Also, I washed my hair, cut my nails and shaved my legs today which makes me feel like 9 million bucks!! It's amazing how being clean can improve the way you feel. Back to more healing/icing/laziness - I'll write more soon for whomever might be interested!

So I saw the pictures of after surgery, and you seem pretty upset about the darkness under your eyes. What I do is I sir up and the blood pools out of my face. So far, I have had no bruising and the swelling is very minimal. I also have been walking around a lot so I don't let the blood pool up under my eyes. Maybe try taking a short walk around your neighborhood or walking through your house. Hope this helps:)
Thanks!! My swelling isn't bad actually, just the bruising. I'll try walking more though (: I'm so glad to hear you're recovering so quickly! Do you get your cast off on Friday?
Great! It really works! I get my cast of tomorrow actually:) super nervous for the results!!!

Well, makeup kind of works...

Same old! Put on some makeup which kind of covers the bruises. Getting stir crazy but feel comfortable and puppy snuggles help... Hope everyone is doing well!

Can't wait to see your results tomorrow!!
Awe thanks (: You and me BOTH!! I am almost as nervous/excited as I was for the surgery!
Wow can't even see the bruises with make up on!! Make up definitely helped me with my bruising when I got my cast off.

OMG

Cast is off and I couldn't be happier with the results!! I don't even care if swelling goes down, I'm happy with it the way it is now! I have tape on it that the doctor put but you can see the shape and everything. My nose was absolutely disgusting under the cast - I'm so happy to have it off.

Since I bled and bruised so much during surgery, my doc thinks I should be tested for a bleeding disorder. Kind of worried about that. But look at my NOSE!!! Dr. Shah is the man!

How are you feeling today?
It looks good. Congrats.
Your nose looks great! you must be very happy :)

Long Update!

Hi all,
Apologies for dropping off the face of the earth. Had some drama with the boyfriend. As an update, I like the way my nose looks with tape rather than without!! Be prepared for breakout central on your nose and for swelling to unfortunately increase after the cast is taken off. I'm hoping what I saw right after it was taken off is what the final product will look like (remotely).

My bruises are *almost* gone and can be covered with makeup, which is awesome, because I can finally go out in public without worrying people will pass me domestic violence flyers. I went back to work today and I'm probably too highly distracted to be back. Hence this long update...

Some things I learned through nose surgery:

1. So far, it's totally worth it. Just having my nose be smaller makes me feel so much more confident and like a burden has been lifted. It's like I photoshopped my face in real life! It's never going to be a tiny Scarlett Johnansen (sp?) nose but that would look weird on me anyways.

2. I know everyone says this on here, and for a good reason: You HAVE to be able to trust your surgeon. I am so glad that I went in the week of the surgery to go over what he was going to do again so I felt comfortable with him operating on my face. It is a big deal and you should make sure you are both exactly on the same page. Trust me, you won't want to do this again.

3. Get a massage the night before. Seriously. This was the best thing I've done for myself. I was so nervous and stressed that my muscles were spazzing out. And/or take a bath, or do something that's relaxing and just about you and what makes you feel at ease.

4. Nobody notices. Or at least nobody has said anything to me yet. It's VERY weird to think that since I can see such a huge difference but it's true. Unless you are doing something super super major, nobody is going to notice, or care. You see your "flaws" or things you don't like about yourself a thousand times magnified, while everyone else just sees you for you.

5. Significant others might not understand. Especially guys. That's okay. Just make sure they don't rain on your parade and that they take care of you when you're recovering.

6. Here's the exhaustive list of things I actually used when I was recovering:
-Invest in an awesome travel pillow thing. It's impossible to sleep sitting up without one unless you're some kind of freak of nature. I got a wedge pillow too which helped me get comfortable from sitting/laying down all dang day.
-Swiss therapy Eye Masks feel soooooo nice after surgery. Kind of pricey but worth it for me.
-Have lots of small-ish sized bags of frozen veggies. I used mine a ton and never had chipmunk cheeks or swelling on my face aside from my eyes.
-Straws. It's hard to drink out of anything, especially the first day when your mouth is all numb, without spilling ALL OVER yourself.
-Jugs of water next to the bed. Your mouth gets unbelievably dry from breathing through it. Water helps wash out all the crap when you're healing, too.
-Jug of vaseline for the same purpose. I am an obsessive chap stick user and having my lips dry was torture, so I just had this by my bed.
-I think I lived off of pasta and veggie/fruit shakes. It was pretty great. Crunchy stuff did not appeal to me at all.
-I got hydrogen peroxide and Neosporin to clean my nose. Just don't get hydrogen peroxide on any open wounds unless you're a tough guy.
-Humidifier. I live in Colorado which is super dry, so this was even more essential for me.
-I washed my hair every other day in the bathtub and very carefully. Every other day I used dry shampoo instead. Be prepared to feel kind of gross. I also cleaned up and made the bed every day which helped feel less gross. But still... there's nothing really pretty about you post-facial surgery. It will pass.
-Have lots of q-tips to clean your face and apply Arnica gel.
-Have makeup for bruises in case you bruise. Wish I had gotten mine before since they messed up my order and I'm not getting it until today, but Dermablend is supposed to work very well for covering up bruising.
-Invest in a pill box!! Don't rely on someone else to keep track of your pills since they might forget also. This especially helped with the antibiotics I had to take 4 times a day. You kind of lose your mind a little doing nothing all day and it's hard to keep track of. I set out all my pills beforehand and was super glad that I did.
-If you want to get supplies you'll need post-cast, I picked up saline nasal spray and Sudafed afterwards. I also picked up oil blotting sheets because your nose is super shiny which makes your inevitable blemishes stand out way more.

7. And here's the list of things I took to help heal (thanks to Dr. Shah). I had extensive bruising but that is not common, especially if you take these things: Vitamin C, Zinc, Protein shakes of 30 mg a day, lots of vitamin K rich foods (I am so tired of kale) and vitamin K tablets, Arnica Montana gel and pill, Bromelain and/or pineapple juice, stool softeners (no joke), pain medicine, Ambien/miraclesleepinducer, and antibiotics.

8. All in all, your experience will be different than anyone else's and you're going to be just fine. It's a deeply personal experience about more than just your nose. Make sure your mental and physical health are up for it.

Ookkkaaayyy, so if you have any questions on that feel free to shoot them my way. Here is my swollen nose 10(ish?) days post-op. I'm hoping the swelling will decrease, especially in the tip, but this whole thing is going to have to teach me PATIENCE!

Hope everyone is doing well. xo

Great profile I love the new nose! how long did the congestion take to go away and you can breath through your nose again?
Thank you so much! The congestion is still very much there - I'm taking Sudafed and have saline spray which helps a bit but it's still pretty annoying. I didn't have any packing so I could breathe sometimes during my nose the first week of healing. The cast puts a lot of pressure on your nose so it's more comfortable to breathe through your mouth.
Your nose looks so gorgeous, your profile is so pretty :D Since you bled a lot during surgery it sounds very likely that you have low platelets - which is what I have (I have to have a blood infusion before my rhinoplasty surgery because of this) its not the end of the world though and it looks like your nose has healed up wonderfully regardless of this.

Doctor's simulations vs. actuals

This is 11 days post obviously so I am swelled and my skin sucks right now. I am especially swelled in the tip which you can see.

Thanks so much for sharing post op tips! I will need those very soon. You look amazing already and it's still so early :)
Your profile is so feminine and gorgeous. You look great. Thanks for writing out those advice tips.
beautiful result :) u look fantastic!

Patience & Recovery

Patience is a virtue... at least that's what I keep repeating to myself. Another note of advice to anyone who has an upcoming surgery - when they take off the cast, at least in my experience and a few others on here, your nose is a lot smaller than 2nd, 3rd, 4th days after cast removal. I was SO excited the first day and liked it so much!! Then the swelling came. I notice it especially in the tip (sensation-wise and looks-wise) and on the bridge where he got rid of the hump. It's frustrating because you've paid all this money and went through the recovery process to still have a nose that's larger than you would like. Don't get me wrong - it is smaller (I'm not sure it could have gotten larger), and I feel confident from the sides, but I am still just waiting for the final results. My advice, and what I've been trying to convince my mind of, is to think of your nose job as taking place much later - 2 months or so later - and your nose just looking a little better in the meantime. Now, let me know if that works... haha.

Here is a good angle I took earlier. It's weird to not want to immediately photoshop the hump off or change the lighting so I don't look like I'm setting the Guinness World Record for Biggest Nose. It's going to take some time to actually be okay with pictures. By the way, this record does exist and I looked it up and now you guys have nothing to complain about (; Just kidding.

One more thing, and this is gross, but wouldn't be the first gross thing I posted: I think when everything is healing it kind of smells bad. I keep wondering what is stinky then it hit me that it's likely me. And it's likely just inside my nose and nobody else can tell. I asked my boyfriend if I smelled bad (he would tell me! And he would make fun of me!) and he said no. But just as a forewarning... recovery is gross. In many ways. Thank goodness it's temporary.

Hope everyone that had surgery is healing quickly and those that are about to are feeling safe and comfortable!

PS

PS - I got blood work and I don't have a bleeding disorder or anything. I guess I just bruise really easily. Who knew?

Looking very nice! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!! (:
Looks great!! I'm scheduled Aug 14th!

Some before/afters

Not as small as I would have liked, but SO glad it's better than it was before... I can almost not stand to look at before pictures! Also a picture of me being happy because I don't have a monster nose anymore.

I am still taping my nose at night, and did so especially after hanging out with kids. I don't know how you ladies have done it with kids around! They just love to hit your nose accidentally! I probably should be eating better and the swelling would go down more. It's just nice to not obsess over this anymore. Well, I still obsess a little... (: My mom comes into town next month and I'm curious if she'll notice a difference. She probably will. Oh well - it's not like I can take it back!! I wouldn't want to anyways.

You look so good and fresh faced! You have a cute little baby face now! I can't wait for that. I almost can't wait to look like when i was a little girl and my nose was still small....i know i can't take my years back to that age, but just to have a feminine face. I am such a tomboy right now, that i wonder how or if my nose will make me dress more feminine. Eerks, so scared!
Thank you! Wow, I don't know if I've been told I have a baby face, ever... haha. I know what you mean about looking younger. I do feel like my face looks a bit younger with a smaller nose. I haven't really changed the way I dress but I wear less makeup (before I would try to do anything to take attention off my nose, and now I don't feel like I need it as much). Don't be scared, you're going to be fine! The hardest part for me was the anticipation.
And PS - I just saw that your surgery is on my birthday! Crazy!

Almost three weeks!!! Crazy!

Almost at week three and haven't really noticed a difference in swelling. I'm starting to think maybe I didn't have much and it just looked smaller with the cast pressing down on it for a week. My nose is still kind of big, as you can see in the pictures, but definitely smaller than it was. I still feel kind of a bump on the ridge so I'm going to ask my doc about that.

I also have noticed more bags under my eyes and wrinkles. I don't know if that's because my eyes swelled/bruised so much or because of where he broke my nose. He did warn me about that. He said he can put fillers to make it less visible but jeesh I've spent enough money!! And having bruises from anything again and doing even more does not appeal to me. Neither does looking tired all the time. Either way, I'm still happy I did it. I am no longer scared of pictures or side angles which is a super strange feeling and a huge relief.

Thank you for sharing your journey. It was an insightful read with a touch of humor. You're rhino looks natural and pretty!
Wow your result looks great! I'm sure you are thrilled!! I just had my first consultation today in Denver! Thinking about setting up another one with Dr. Shah after seeing your results.
Thanks so much - it is great to hear that. Dr. Shah is a good doctor. I'm hoping for even better results as time passes. He is good at making very natural and subtle changes. It's worth a free consultation (:

One month!

Jeez, time is super relative. Pre-surgery, it dragged on and on and now it's flying by. I have my one month appt with Dr. Shah on Monday. I can finally focus on other things in my life besides my nose (though I am still super excited by people's stories on here). Here are some updated pictures. I know, my nose looks like a lot of people's "before" pictures. I'm already wondering if I'm going to want a revision in a year. I just wish he had done a little more. Patience...

Also, I don't really care about the way my nostrils look (should I? oh well.) but I have a significant scar on my left side still. Putting scar cream on it. I didn't expect perfection, anyhow.

Hey. Thanks for writing this, was really enjoyable to read, and you must be really happy that your nose is looking so fab! I just wanted to ask what concealer you use as you managed to cover your bruises really well. No matter how much of my concealer or foundation I apply the purple of mine is still showing through. Thanks!
My nose is wide from front view, was yours like that when you got cast removal? I'm in a bit of shock, definitely love side profile though!
Not really, but I taped and iced a ton. I honestly haven't noticed swelling or de-swelling at all. My nose was smaller than it is now when my cast was taken off, but I think that was because I had a cast on for a week. I think you look amazing already - it's only going to get better!

A little less than two months!

I missed my one month post op appointment but went in on Wednesday instead. I was concerned that there were bumps on the side of my nose and that the results weren't as dramatic as I'd like. I don't look like the simulations yet!! I know it's still early though. My doctor said there's still a lot of swelling, especially in the tip, and that should be the slowest to resolve. I didn't get a steroid shot, which is fine by me since needle are kind of terrifying. He wants me to keep taping at night and pushing on the bone at the top of my nose.

My boyfriend took pictures of me with our friend's dog and our dog and wow- my profile is fantastic!! It's so weird to get used to being okay with pictures. Overall I'm very happy with my results and am glad I did it. Dr. Shah is very skilled and I'm glad I went to him. Pictures to follow!! Xo

Pictures

Looking great! I know, it's so weird being okay with pictures from all angles! Good luck with the swelling!
You really look amazing- I love your results! I just booked my surgery for Oct 13th with Dr. Raval in Denver. I am getting excited/nervous! Glad you are still happy with your new nose! It fits your face so much better and makes you look adorable!
You're looking super duper cutie!!
Dr. Manish Shah

So far, I am impressed with Dr. Shah's bedside manner - he is very good at making you feel comfortable and at ease with his skills. He seems more excited about this than I am (at least outwardly) and says that he loves to do rhinoplasties. I guess I don't care if he loves it, as long as he does it well! (: Him and his assistant were very good about talking to me during my pre-op and answering the multitude of questions that I had. --Update post-surgery: Dr. Shah did a great job with my nose. I was so happy I could barely keep myself from smiling after they removed the cast. For some reason, it was really hard to get a hold of anyone at the office to PAY them for the deposit and to confirm appointment times which was kind of annoying. Sometimes he is super friendly and sometimes he seemed a little busy or preoccupied. I'm still not sure why he prescribed a medication that I'm allergic to, but we figured that out as well. He is a great surgeon and he worked wonders on my previously ginormous nose, and was realistic and available when I needed to get on the same page with him before surgery. He called me personally a couple days after the surgery to make sure I was okay. I am eternally grateful I went to him for my surgery. Additionally, I paid less for a great result than I've seen on here for other rhinoplasties. Icing on the good-lookin' cake: they gave me free TNS recovery cream and scar healing cream after the cast was removed, which was a nice surprise.