I'm a 39 , Mum of Two Kids with a Horrible Stretched Stomach , - England

I was always a big girl even as a teenager , after...

I was always a big girl even as a teenager , after having my first child I piled on more weight my highest weight was 245lbs, I lost the weight and got down to 150 lbs then got pregnant with my second child 15 years ago , I managed not to put to much weigh on and three weeks after I was in my size 12 clothes again . My ex husband hated that I lost the weight , after 17 years of abuse I left him , I have now been married to my second husband 6 years And I now know what happiness is , Since then Im fitness mad I now go to the gym 5 - 6 times a week ,I do cardio , weights , and 5 spinning classes a week , My weight is 112lbs now and I love it ,but I hate my stomach , it's saggy and wrinkly and even though I'm not big now my belly still hangs over my knickers , and skirts , I always said to my husband I would like to get my belly done on or around my 40 th birthday , I'm 40 October 10th and my surgery is now booked for the 31st October , I can't wait !!

Hi matea2, how did it go yesterday ?
It was great. I posted an update on my profile. Thanks for thinking if me ;)
Goodluck for tomorrow !! X x
You're so slim,you deserve a flat tum to match! Congrats on making the decision. You're in the right place for advice and support. I'm 6 weeks post op today and from the uk also. Look forward to reading your journey. Best of luck and see you on the flat side soon x :)
Thankyou ! I just hope I look like u when I finally get my tt , how are u healing now , was there a lot of pain at the beginning ? That's one thing I'm worried about .
I'm healing great thanks, will upload some new pics of my scar soon- it's covered with scar tape and I don't remove it more than I have to, only when it loses it's stick. It's really thin and low. Don't worry about pain, meds take care of that. It's more uncomfortable than painful. Just be prepared to be uncomfortable for a while, you will need some help getting up from laying and sitting etc... You will be fine. I swear by arnica it's great so if you can take it leading up to surgery. Are you having lipo and muscle repair?
I have a great husband , I know he will be there every minute to help me . I'm having lipo on the front of my hips , the surgeon has said that my muscles seem to be good , but if they need doing he will do it at the time of the op ,i have now written on my list to get arnica thanks for that , My list is getting bigger lol, i don't want to forget anything , can't wait to see some pics of ur scar , I'm not feeling that nervous now after talking to u , Thanks x
You will be absolutely fine. Lipo areas are the most uncomfortable but get arnica in your system now and apply the arnica gel to bruises as soon as you can, they go really quickly once you treat them. I'm sure you've had bruises before that hurt? That's what it's like but a bit worse. It's great your husband is there to support you, use him lots! Keep in touch. Be excited not worried x
Just brought some arnica , thanks for this , , will stay in touch , and let u know all my up dates x x x
Great, look forward to them and just ask if you need any advice. Things are a little different here in the uk like medication etc., there seems to be way more TT info from ladies in the states etc...
I'm very familiar with medical procedures and meds in the UK due to transcribing for 2 specialty medical centres in Australia. :) Things really are different here. In some ways good, in other ways not so good. Thanks for being supportive.
Thank you for sharing! You are going to have great results. You deserve it! I turn 39 in October. I'm not scheduled yet but I'm thinking November. I should be healed up well by 40! You are going to love not dressing around the tummy anymore. No more hitting your lap in spin class (I hate that about mine).
Lol , all the training and my belly still does it's own thing , we will be able to help each other as we go though it , I will only be 4 weeks further on than u , get it scheduled , it has given me so much just to have the date , I'm so looking forward to it , x x
Monday is the first consultation. I'm nervous. I'm not body shy with medical professionals but plastic surgeons can immediately see everything they can fix. Is the consult naked?
U will be fine , no I didn't have to get naked , I just pulled down my bottoms to my knicker line and lifted my top , I hate getting my stomach out that was my concern , my surgeon was great , he made lines on my stomach , took some pics then put it though his computer and a 3D pic of me came up with my new belly and the way I will look after ! It looked Great , Make sure u have a list of questions that you want to ask , that will put ur mind at rest , get him to answer them all for u !! Good luck , please keep me posted on how it goes on Monday x x
:) I have a word document for questions that I keep on my desktop and add to every day. I tend to think about this a lot whilst working.