So pleased they're gone! - London, GB

Hi. I've had my implants for 20 years. I had the...

Hi.
I've had my implants for 20 years.
I had the first ones done 20 years ago when I was 19 and I had a small increase of a cup to b, with 110cc. This was in 1992. Then in 2001, due to capsular contraction of the left breast I had them done again and decided to increase to a c cup. I got capsular contraction again on the left breast around 2009. There is a large possibility that they are PIP. Asthe original op was nhs, they are removing these but will not replace them. I had a baby 2 years ago and breastfed, and you will see my nipples point downward now. I am terrified of how I will look. My husband is not very supportive as he assumes I'll just get them done again and he has no idea what they might end up looking like. I know I need them out as I am in pain with the left hand side, and just want them out. I have gone up to a 34dd since having my daughter. So upset about it all, and need support please. :-(

Recovery time and toddlers? ?

Hi everyone and thank you so much for your kind words of support, it really means alot.
How difficult will it be to look after a 22 month old after surgery? I am already getting the cot converted into a bed so I don't have to lift her out of the cot. I will have drains in, and wondering how others have faired with dealing with a young child? Will I be able to push a pushchair and do a quick lift into a high chair? ? ?Any info would be great, thanks again xx

Not long to go now

Well I'm only 4 days away from explant. I'm dreading the results but due to capsular contraction i have no choice anyway. I've addedssome better pre op pictures and as you can see my left is sitting in a weird position. This is the one i expect to be caved in after the op. I am steeling myself for the worst so that I hopefully won't get too shocked.
I have decided to go down the route of a fat transfer (got a bit on my bottom and thighs I'm sure they could use) and a lift if I looked mashed up. There is a possibility I might have a second child after all this, and with me coming up to 40 Iwwould be wanting to get pregnant this year sometime. So I could wait to see if another pregnancy changes them. If fat transfer wasn't possible i could go for saline. But I will NEVER have silicone bags in my chest ever again! !!
I will post photos after it's done. Unless they really are too horrifying. The thought of my beautiful little girl (who is 2) stops me wallowing in my own self pity. I want to hug her without feeling two daft cricket balls between us! !

Finally free and still have boobies!

Well I'm finally free of my implants and so happy and relieved. My only regret is that i didn't do it sooner.
I hadn't ruptured and they weren't PIP!! But the surgeon said they were on their last legs. So i guess they weren't far away from rupturing. I'm still in hospital and should be out today, i may have to go home with one drain in. I feel extremely sore, weirdly yesterday i can only describe the pain as if i had an underwired bra on that had ridden up over my breasts and was pressing on them!
Now for the results. I took the photos about 2 hours post op and they look better than the photos already! i still have a reasonable amount of breast tissue, I am saggy but happy to give it time. If I end up being unhappy with the sagging i am going to have a lift but I won't ever have implants again! !!
I haven't seen the surgeon yet so I will tell you what he said about next steps and aftercare once i have seen him.
It feels amazing to have soft normal breasts again. I urge anyone considering it to go for it! !!

More photos from 1hour post op

Sorry forgot to add these!

One day post explant

Hi everyone,
As you can see i still have a way to go with regard to my left breast, the dent has already disappeared from the right breast and it looks totally normal. But my left is not looking great, probably due to the problems with the hard capsule that was in there. Has anyone else had this problem and did it improve?
Still extremely sore but it is only day one. I am alternating between a compression bra at night and a softer one during the day. Not sure if this is a good idea but the compression bra is too tight for the whole time. I may have to call my surgeon to see what he says.
I'm still happy as I have a good amount of breast tissue, just hoping my left sorts itself out! I also have an inverted nipple. Hope it gets better soon.
Mr David Lam

A brilliant surgeon, working for nhs and private sector (has own website). Honest about possible results, but reassuring too. Very approachable and personable. He even explained everything in a whisper to me just prior to the op because there were people on the other side of the curtain to preserve my privacy. My operation was nhs.