My Rhinoplasty Story - United Kingdom, GB

Hi everyone, I always found everyone's reviews on...

Hi everyone, I always found everyone's reviews on this site really helpful before and after my op so thought I'd write up my experience!

I'd always wanted my nose done since I can remember, so finally last year I decided to pluck up the courage go for it! I had it done a month ago and what a month it's been! First I'd like to say the whole experience was NOTHING like I thought it would be. I'd prepared myself for the physical side (pain etc) but didn't think about the emotional side... this I realised soon after my operation...

I'm not going to talk about my operation much, I woke up after, no pain whatsoever, most pain I ever felt was the tightness in my face when my face swelled up 3 days after! The part I found hardest was the emotional side and the worry I felt, I think this is one of the most emotional things I have ever done! So I thought it may help if I listed all my worries/anxieties, in the hope that someone may have the same worries at the moment and I might be able to give some reassurance, because in all honesty, I HATED my nose for the first few weeks, now I'm 4 weeks post op and realising I just needed to get used to change and stop worrying about every little detail, now I LOVE my new nose and see how things are getting better each day!
1. A few days after my op I noticed my nostrils were VERY on show and thought I was going to look like Miss Piggy! DON'T WORRY, this is normal, especially if like me your nose was quite low down and your not used to seeing your nostrils. After my cast was taken off and my nose settled I realised it was completely normal (swelling plays a part in making things look distorted)
2. A lot of people dislike their nose on cast off day because it looks swollen and too big. I had the opposite... mine looked tiny! I spent days thinking it was only going to get smaller and thinking I looked ridiculous and was going to look like Michael Jackson. Turns out I just suffered very little swelling (may be down to the arnica and Bromelain I was taking - not sure) and once I got used to this new nose on my face realised it was just the right size!
3. Raised tip - a lot of the time swelling makes the tip look too raised. I had this issue, combined with the fact I had a drooping nose before which made me panic that my nose was overly shortened when I saw the huge change. Now the swelling has settled a lot and I'm getting used to it I now love the raised (not too raised) tip
4. lump in my gum - I could feel a lump in my gum under my nose that felt a lot like cartilage. My first thought was my Columellar graft strut had slipped and that I was going to have to go through another operation. Turns out the graft is just a little too long, and if it's still bugging me in a few months it can easily be shorted under local aesthetic free of charge.

I'm know there are many other anxieties people have but these are my main ones I can share from personal experience.

I think the point I'm trying to make in this very long review is that you can't judge your nose straight away. I'ts not like the movies, you don't get the cast off and look and feel amazing straight away. It's the most emotional thing I have ever done, and you need to be ready for that! Don't keep looking in the mirror analysing yourself. I'm guilty of this and it's the worst thing I could have done. The worry made me feel sick, and all for nothing as now I'm loving my new nose more and more each day. GIVE IT TIME AND RELAX! :-)

I'm new to using this site personally, you can ask my any question's I'm happy to answer (just may take a while as I learn to use this)

Thanks :-)

Photos

Here's some photos! I think the profiles were a month or two post op and the front view post op was about 3 months (ish)

Update

Just an update, profile view 6 months post op :-)

1 year on

It's my nose's first birthday so thought I'd share a birthday snap :-)
Mr Mattiu

My surgeon was actually Basim Matti at Harley Street London. Not sure why it's wrong on here and can't find where to change it!

Would you reccomend your surgeon and be so kind as to share the costs. I'm planning my surgery and just started the search ! Been thinking about this since I was twelve tho haha. You look amazing by the way ! C
Yes I would recommend him, just make sure you explain exactly what you want! I can't remember exactly how much it cost any more but all in all I'd say between £8-9000. Good luck in your search and thank you x
You look beautiful both ways, but wow! What a transformation! Gorgeous!!!
Very pretty
You look gorgeous. Who was your surgeon?
Thank you! Basim Matti at Harley Street x
Thank you! Basim Matti at Harley Street x
Ahhh it's perfect, you have such a beautifully feminine profile now! This has made me so much more confidant for next week thank you for sharing :) xx
Thank you! Hope everything goes/went well x
Wow, amazing results. Wish I could afford to pay that amount. Congratulations on a lovely cute nose:-)
Thank you, your new nose is just perfect...one of the best results i have seen on here! You are one lucky girl :)
Thank you, and good luck with your surgery! :)
Wish I could afford this Surgeon! xx
Thanks so much. This us very assuring. I am having the same concerns you has
You look so great! You're results are amazing! Your nose fits your face so well! Can you tell me how much Arnica and Bromelain you took and when you started? Thank you!!! Congrats!
Thank you! I can't remember exactly but I think I took 4 arnica a day 1 day before and 2 weeks after the op and 3 bromelian a day 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. I also took vitimin c (same amount as the bromelian)
Thank you! And thanks for sharing your experience, it is so helpful to know about the emotional side of it.
You look so pretty(although you was pretty before) Good job done by a well know surgeon!
Aww thank you :)
Happy 1 year!! I'm so happy you love your nose. I started getting cold feet about my surgery. I have read a lot of reviews with women unhappy with their nose job results. Its good to know about the emotional side...well I can be extra emotional lol...so if I start feeling worried and anxious I'll know by reading your post its normal and it will (hopefully) get better. By the way you are beautiful!
Thank you :-) it can takes ages to accept your new nose. I had good and bad days but now it feel normal 1 year on! Another thing to avoid is staring at it from all angles. I would do this and find particular angles I didn't like and concentrate on that rather than looking at it normally and realising it was fine. Every part of your body has a bad angle so focusing on one you don't like on your new nose is silly! Good luck and hope you feel happier soon! :)
You are so right. I look at myself and see my lips, ears, breast, cheeks, legs, belly....oh goodness the list goes on of imperfections. I need to be realistic and be content with what I have been blessed with. Women are very critical about ourselves. I thought for a long time...if I had the chance to change one thing about my body what would it be and for many years its been my nose. I definitely need to accept my appearance. Accept who I am if I want to be happy:) Thank you for sharing your story.
hello beautiful! amazing results! stunning! was the cost 13'000 english pounds? does that include consult?
The price is just an estimate. In English money it was £5000 for the op, about £2700 for hospital fees/tests and £200 for consultation