Advice Needed On My Acne Scar Removal Treatment! England, UK

Hiya Long story short I have suffered from acne...

Hiya

Long story short I have suffered from acne since my late teens. It became progressively worse (severe acne) to the point that in September 2012 I started a ten month course of Roaccutane. Despite suffering from a number of gruelling side effects, and by no means has my acne completely disappeared, it is much better than hitherto. I have somewhat come to accept my acne scars and concede that no matter how much or what treatment I undergo, I will always have some scarring. And that is cool, because scars show you have a bit of history! Anyhow, I am now at the stage where I want to at least try and reduce their appearance. I have done some research but there are myriad techniques which does not really help much in finding the appropriate treatment. For instance, I have read that laser treatment is regarded as dangerous whilst the results from peels are negligible. I recently had a consultation with a clinic and was recommended six and possibly six more sessions of dermabrasion. Upon returning home I was shocked by the amount of negative feedback concerning this treatment. How safe would you regard dermabrasion? I was also told that I have ice pick scars but I thought I had rolling and boxcar scars which has confused me slightly. Is subcision and filler treatment best for rolling and boxcar scars? Could the TCA or Fraxel repair methods be any good for me? I must also add that my skin is sensitive.

I hereby include pictures of my acne scars in the hope that someone will be able to offer me guidance in terms of the type and severity of my scars and possible appropriate treatments.

Any help is much appreciated

Correction

The clinic recommended six and possibly six more sessions of microdermabrasion, not dermabrasion. Could a Derma Roller or Derma Stamp improve the appearance of my scars? In September I will be leaving the UK for three months and therefore cannot commence intensive treatment. However, I will be able to use the Derma Roller or Derma Stamp in the meantime and abroad.

I have added some new photos under the cruelest lighting! They are all of my left temple/cheek as this is the worst affected area.

Oh and did you find that accutane helped any scars or texture? I am considering it to fix the lovely texture laser left me with.
I wouldn't listen to Zoompa there...laser resurfacing has disfigured and ruined many lives...Mine included. It is NOT safe at all. Rather a shot in the dark by these docs who don't really know or care about any variables our bodies/skin could have that would make a laser resurfacing procedure detrimental to our faces! Look at your skin and ask your self if you would risk it being about 4 times worse? I have a face full of deep acne scars that just keep appearing 8 months after (without any acne mind you) when prior I had a few shallow scars. Sorry for rambling but I am just trying to warn others.
Do you think that a Derma Roller/Derma Stamp would be just as effective or better than micro-dermabrasion? Would a Derma Roller/Derma Stamp needle length of 1.5mm or 2.0mm be best? Thanks.
I SO know how you feel... I'm also a recent Roaccutane user left with scars... But first off, your scarring really isn't as bad as you think! Secondly, Dermabrasion is very old fashioned in treating acne scars, less effective and is infact more harmful than laser resurfacing... The trick is to use multiple methods depending on the scar types. For you, I'd say start with the Fraxel repair... Then once you're healed go onto subcision and filler to lift any indentation left. If the scarring is red, Pulsed Dye laser is supposed to be effective... BUT if you want to skip all of this, there is Recell spray on skin... Which appears to be the best treatment out there but also generally at a 5K price tag... Check it out yourself though. Another thing which should be pointed out... TIME alone will reduce their colour and soften them over the years. Also check with other doctors. You need to see someone who you can trust and not someone who is trying to flog their out of date techniques or even incorrect diagnosis of the type of scarring you have. Be patient, do your homework (which sounds like you have been) and more importantly be optimistic and enjoy life, with or without scars.
Hi Zoompa, thanks for the advice!
The clinic that was recommending 6, possibly 12, could not have been referring to true dermabrasion. They must have been talking about microdermabrasion which will do nothing for your scars. And it doesn't look like you have ice pick scarring either. If you haven't seen a dermatologist yet, I'd start there. And don't go back to that clinic. Good luck!
Hi IceAge. You are indeed correct re microdermabrasion. That is what they suggested, not dermabrasion. Thanks for the heads up!
I had fillers on my scars and it helped!