Advice Needed On My Acne Scar Removal Treatment! England, UK

Hiya Long story short I have suffered from acne...

Hiya

Long story short I have suffered from acne since my late teens. It became progressively worse (severe acne) to the point that in September 2012 I started a ten month course of Roaccutane. Despite suffering from a number of gruelling side effects, and by no means has my acne completely disappeared, it is much better than hitherto. I have somewhat come to accept my acne scars and concede that no matter how much or what treatment I undergo, I will always have some scarring. And that is cool, because scars show you have a bit of history! Anyhow, I am now at the stage where I want to at least try and reduce their appearance. I have done some research but there are myriad techniques which does not really help much in finding the appropriate treatment. For instance, I have read that laser treatment is regarded as dangerous whilst the results from peels are negligible. I recently had a consultation with a clinic and was recommended six and possibly six more sessions of dermabrasion. Upon returning home I was shocked by the amount of negative feedback concerning this treatment. How safe would you regard dermabrasion? I was also told that I have ice pick scars but I thought I had rolling and boxcar scars which has confused me slightly. Is subcision and filler treatment best for rolling and boxcar scars? Could the TCA or Fraxel repair methods be any good for me? I must also add that my skin is sensitive.

I hereby include pictures of my acne scars in the hope that someone will be able to offer me guidance in terms of the type and severity of my scars and possible appropriate treatments.

Any help is much appreciated
I SO know how you feel... I'm also a recent Roaccutane user left with scars... But first off, your scarring really isn't as bad as you think! Secondly, Dermabrasion is very old fashioned in treating acne scars, less effective and is infact more harmful than laser resurfacing... The trick is to use multiple methods depending on the scar types. For you, I'd say start with the Fraxel repair... Then once you're healed go onto subcision and filler to lift any indentation left. If the scarring is red, Pulsed Dye laser is supposed to be effective... BUT if you want to skip all of this, there is Recell spray on skin... Which appears to be the best treatment out there but also generally at a 5K price tag... Check it out yourself though. Another thing which should be pointed out... TIME alone will reduce their colour and soften them over the years. Also check with other doctors. You need to see someone who you can trust and not someone who is trying to flog their out of date techniques or even incorrect diagnosis of the type of scarring you have. Be patient, do your homework (which sounds like you have been) and more importantly be optimistic and enjoy life, with or without scars.
Hi Zoompa, thanks for the advice!
The clinic that was recommending 6, possibly 12, could not have been referring to true dermabrasion. They must have been talking about microdermabrasion which will do nothing for your scars. And it doesn't look like you have ice pick scarring either. If you haven't seen a dermatologist yet, I'd start there. And don't go back to that clinic. Good luck!

Correction

The clinic recommended six and possibly six more sessions of microdermabrasion, not dermabrasion. Could a Derma Roller or Derma Stamp improve the appearance of my scars? In September I will be leaving the UK for three months and therefore cannot commence intensive treatment. However, I will be able to use the Derma Roller or Derma Stamp in the meantime and abroad.

I have added some new photos under the cruelest lighting! They are all of my left temple/cheek as this is the worst affected area.
@afs please tell me more about FRACTIONAL RF .My dermatologist recommend me this for acne scars i didn't find much about radio frequency for acne scars except it is used for tightening like thermage .it heats up the dermis builds collagen used for saggy face. any reference would be of great benefit please.
i have almost the same type of scarring on my face. went to plenty of doctors. up till now i have realized that laser can disfigured the face if the technician is not great and every face react differently.The down time can 3-7 days, scabbing can be expected so you can't go in public, lastly the erythema (redness of skin) can last over a month. Next is dermaroller, can leave behind the scabbing with a down time of 3-5 days, again a riskier option when it come to sun exposure. lastly, Fractional RF(radio frequency) , is saver than laser with no downtime and much advanced. CO2 or other Lasers cut your skin top layers to address deeper scars but Radio frequency doesn't burn your top layer. Radio frequencies are penetrated through the skin, not leaving any sign of burns, scabbing. Allow you to return to your work without anybody noticing. Your might feel the skin a bit uneasy of course. You can get it done over the weekend to avoid sun and public. i have been told to get 3 sessions, two months apart. the results can be seen after one month of first session and by the 6 month. I have been going nuts by reading scar types , treatments and God knows what. i have my session schedule in one done. For the first time I am positive that my scars can be disappeared and not scared of the treatment. Hope this would help. :) good luck to you