Fraxel Repair to Improve Texture, Red Blotches, and Scars

I am a 24 y/o female and had fraxel re:pair done...

I am a 24 y/o female and had fraxel re:pair done on 2/23. I have previously had 4 fraxel restores done and was very unsatisfied with the results (a diff. physician performed the restores). I wanted to improve some texture irregularities, red blotches, and a few scars. I did a lot of research on it by reading all of the reviews on this site and a few others. Trying to be open minded because there has been a lot of negative reviews. I rated my overall satisfaction as "good", only because I am only on day 4 and it is way too early to tell.

I received the normal precare: valtrex, steriod cream, and keflex prior to procedure.

The actual procedure was pretty painless, I really only felt the nerve blockers and that was mildly uncomfortable. I received valium and demerol, along with numbing cream. I barely remember anything, except being wheel-chaired to my SUV. The physician and staff was extremely helpful and caring.

My healing has gone so far as:

Day 1: pinpoint bleeding, weeping, swelling
Day 2: weeping, swelling, red
Day 3: swelling and red
Day 4: red, swelling, mild flaking

I have been doing the normal aftercare with vinegar/water soaks and aquaphor with cutagenix. I will shortly be switching over to cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer in about a day.

Hopefully all goes well with the end result!

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very caring and courteous staff

*Update* My skin is feeling better, but it still is not the same. I'm not as unhappy about what I did and this particulare laser procedure as I was. But, I still believe it was in no way worth the cost or the long term side effects-some of which I do still notice, like sensitivity to heat and sun exposure. My skin also still feels tighter, in an uncomfortable way, more than it ever did before this procedure.

Btw, does anyone know if there has been a successful lawsuit filed against this company for things like leaving out possible long term side effects and false advertising?
As far as I know there are efforts to file a classaction lawsuit.
nadiahoney, who are you speaking to in your last comment?
uh oh I was thinking this is the guy to get it from if you dare to do it -- you are beautiful, so don't get obsessed bc you do lose perspective! Guess you're not looking at it though at this point. Just curious to know how satisfied you are after all this time. If you have probs then I certainly will since I think I do pigment too easily.....
I meant I had read a lot from Dr;. P and he seems to know his stuff when it comes to Repair. I was talking to Sarah (in comment above mine) because she does have good skin.
Sarah's skiun looks good in this after pics because it is soon after the procedure, when there is just enough swelling to stretch the skin and make it look much nicer than it ends up looking. I would have loved to see what Sarah looked like up close before any fraxel procedures. Geeze, 24, and already taking risks with the skin on your facek. This world is so f**ked up man. I know, I know, I did it too, at 35, but I admit, I never should have done it. I did it because I was not feelig good about myself on the inside, which I am 100 percent sure Sarah is lacking big time
Was hoping for an update as to how your skin turned out in the end. I met with Dr pesky and if I get the nerve to do this, ill be going to him. I'm concerned about hypermigmentation
Hello,

Honestly, I WOULD leave your skin alone....I have had problems with track marks, hyperpigmenation, rough patches...took peels and creams to mellow things out. Dr. Perksy is a lovely person but after the repair I am not sold that is actually improves anything. Just my opinion though! (the reason i"m not on the site is bc i was kinda getting obsessed with my face and all the problems so i tried to stay away from anything skin related) :)

Sarah
HiSarah, I just had the repair don by Dr. Persky, just wondering how you are doing now? I know its been 3 years..do you have any lasting negative or positive effects?
Hi Sarahbt! I did fraxel 1 year ago and have track marsks, did yours went away what did you do? Thank you
So you had a few red blotches, scars, and texture issues. Was having such an invasive procedure at such a young age really worth it? I'm sure you were just as beautiful before fraxel. I am just skeptical that fraxel re:pair is actually good for skin. I have to believe it is not. I had it done and while I don't have any scarring from it, my skin has felt very uncomfortable since the procedure was performed 2 years ago. Also, I don't think your skin will ever be as resilient to receiving ultraviolet rays from the sun. It is new skin and may not even have the same healthy structure it had before and may not retain moisture as well. I'm not trying to scare you or make you feel bad for doing this, I just want people to realize that sometimes we are beautiful as we are and these new fairly experimental laser procedures may be doing more harm to our skin in the long run, regardless of whether or not our skin looks better in ways afterward.
My track marks at this time are just on my forehead area and like you said only if you look close. I am still looking like I am very sunburnt. will email you a photo. I did my entire face, neck and chest. I can't even wear a normal shirt the line is so bad. I had some delayed healing around my eyes and I think that area is going to hyperpigment. :( My guess is I will end up needed an IPL or v beam to treat my lasting redness and hyperpig. WOuld you do this again??!? Emailing pic. If you have a recent one of yo I would love to see it.
It is really funny you mentioned your eyes. I am actually the most reddish/pinkish under my eyes and on my temples. You can still see the laser lines there, they are more of a bronzed color. I am using reavle with coffeberry, priori dna recovery serum, and I just ordered TNS recovery complex. If it actually works...lol...I don't know. It's suppose to expedite healing and achieve maximum results. I do see some improvement...minimal...but I think it's bc I am so focused on the redness and people staring, hehe. I do believe a 2nd one would help me achieve optimal results, as long as I have no permanent complications with the first. I will send you some pics, if you e-mail me your address.
I emailed you pics. I have been on the TNS recovery serum for 10 days but ....... who knows if it is helping! I am going to have a scar on both my eyes and I think that would keep me from ever doing it again. That and being so self conscious about people staring at the redness! I naturally would get very flushed prior to this so now when I do I look like a demon! People probably think I am getting ready to pass out! I just hope the redness fades and the track marks disappear. Time will tell. Keep in touch and send some pics when you get a chance.
Hi! I am 2 weeks post fraxel repair and was wondering about your laser track marks!?!?! ANy better? Are you happy you did it? You look way better in your post procedure pics than I did!
Hey :) The track marks are improving....slowly...I am a little past a month post fraxel. I am still pinkish-reddish. My MD said that it could take 2-3 months for the skin to return to normal color and for the track marks to fade. They are really only noticeable close up, they look like little dots/lines. How are you doing post op?? with your skin color and do you have a laser marks/problems post??? Thanks, best of luck healing.
Hi! i am thinking about doing this procedure.... but i'm totally scared. Thanx so much for posting your pics. It has helped me to know what to expect. I was wondering how long the redness has lasted? Will you be posting any more pics? Thanx so much!! :)
Hi, Well it'll be three weeks on 3/16/10...I am still pink, it is fading though, my MD said prob another 2-4 weeks, but we will see. I haven't seen really any improvement on my skin yet...I still have laser track marks, which is kinda concerning me, so I am e-mailing my doctor about it. I plan on posting more pics when I see some improvement. As of now, I can't really say if it's been worth it, the actual procedure was not bad at all....the recovery a diff story. I am very critical person of myself and am one of those people that notice everything...so I hope to see results....:(
Hi there, I'm thinking of getting this done as well in order to treat my facial acne scarring - could you please describe the scars/skin irregularities you wanted to treat? btw - you look really cute even right after the procedure! i hope you are healing well! (:
HI :) Well I actually seem to have more problems after the fraxel restores I had done, I was left with this brown colored skin that didn't fade over 6 months after having it done and was left with uneven skin (red blotches). Before the restores, I only had like 4-5 scars noticeable scars, but a lot of red blotches. I just felt that my texture of skin was real rugged and my problem is I rarely wear powder or foundation so I wanted a more fresh, even toned skin. And thanks for some encouragement with the pics, lol, I look rough, that aquaphor gets everyone!!!! I wasn't planning on actually posting the pics, it was kinda for my own, so I could see the before and after. BTW, I am on day 8, so far the redness is slowly fading. My forehead still has some areas that look like dried blood is there. It's kinda weird. It's healing a lot slower than the rest of my face. I know the swelling has gone down a lot because I can see residual scarring. As for the red blotches, I don't see them, but then again I am still red, hehe. I plan on posting some more pics prob next week after the 2 week mark. Take care :)
Hi! oh me too, I don't wear foundation or anything like that and I really hope the resurfacing treatment is able to fix/improve the very rough appeareance of my skin as well as the redmarks left so I wont end up having to...I might need more than one treatment though! Youth is on your side and as reg the red blotches Im sure they will respond well! Have you tried topicals before? It would be great if you could post some more pics after microswelling has subsided! I hope you're doing fine!(:
Hey, well most of the redness is subsiding- mainly pink. Forehead is much better. I think this definitely helps with texture. Even says my skin looks really smooth, but of course I don't see it. I do see where I had some scarring and a few of the blotches are still noticeable. I know it's still early, but I am not a very patient person. As for topicals, I have tried, but once again I want immediate improvement and those take months. I can def. send you some pics if you want if you have an e-mail address when I notice an improvement and the microswelling goes down. Thanks :)
Thanks a lot Sarah... yeah I think 40mj is a kind of an average setting from what I have been reading. You should be much better in a week or so all being well. I'm thinking of asking for 55-60mj or at least for an aggressive approach.. get more bang for my buck :) I had vbeam on some pretty high settings and looked much worse than you do in your pics... but after 2-3 weeks i was a lot better. It would be great if you could update us with your progress from time to time. All the best!
I sure will :) thanks...
Hey there, hope your doing ok with the downtime and i hope you get the results you want ;) Do you happen to know any of the settings that were used? Im just curious because soon i am looking to have this treatment too! Take care!