Chin Implant / Chin Lipo - 7wks Post Op

Hello, I've had both a chin augmentation &...

Hello, I've had both a chin augmentation & neck lipo procedure performed about 7 weeks ago. And i just felt the need to write this for all those that are worried about nerve damage to help put their mind at ease.

By my 3rd week I had trouble speaking, numbness, soreness & was absolutely unable to show my bottom teeth. I even had some strange pockets of movement in my chin when I would speak & had very limited movement with my smiles. I looked silly, felt silly but was positive that this was all temporary. In my 6th week even though my smile is still somewhat cricket it looks alot better & I can actually now lower my bottom lip.

I am sure that I will make a full recovery. And as each day passes the numbness, soreness & the ability to have full normal mouth functions returns more & more each day. Just wanted to tell those that are worried to hang in there. Be patient, I wouldn't get too worried unless there is little or no improvement by the 3rd month. Hope this helps.

Ah, thanks for your post. This is good to hear, since I cannot show my bottom teeth and my smile is not the same ol' smile. Its been 4 weeks since my chin augmentation and I have been a very upset with my decision so far. You've given me hope that my nerves will heal and I'll get my smile back.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Great, excellent doctor. Really experienced, educated, informative & takes his time with his patience. Not to mention very good at what he does. An aesthetic perfectionist