I Almost Ruled This Out, but So Glad I Had It Done! - Encino, CA

The reason why I ruled this procedure out 6 months...

The reason why I ruled this procedure out 6 months ago was b/c of the horror stories of neuralgia (nerve pain) for up to 3 weeks following. I am so glad that I re-considered and talked to a couple more Doctors about it. I was put off by a different Doc b/c of feeling rushed and having to deal with a bunch of different people about each of my questions.

I went to Dr. Persky b/c his associate, the wonderful Dr. Sarmela Sunder, was on maternity leave and his office recommended I speak with Dr. P. I initially declined, until I went on his web-site and watched his informative DVDs on several topics. Well, this man is incredilby kind and authentically caring, not to mention exceedingly well-qualified. I would never consider anything being done to my face by anyone other than Dr. Sunder, and now Dr. Persky, as they are both top-quality Board Certified FACIAL plastic surgeons. The entire staff was so courteous, that I felt like they were family immediately. I had the Cool-Sculpting done on my abdomen (1 area/ medium- sized) and felt absolutely no discomfort during or since the treatment. "A piece of cake", I stated. There is some skin tenderness when rubbing my belly, but nothing more than what a light sunburn would feel like when rubbed. It was only 3 days ago, so I don't have any reports yet as far as progress, but feel very confident that I will be very pleased with the results. It is almost as if the fat is less dense and more jiggly, but this is probably just my mind visualizing millions of pacmen in there gobbling up those frozen/dead fat cells :)

I am going back next week to Dr. Persky for my first Sculptra session. I trust this man implicitly with both his sense of artistry and diligent research and study on this procedure, which btw I had written off previously as well b/c of the problems with development of bumps. If you are considering fillers, please watch Dr. Persky's videos, explaining how he didn't use Sculptra for years, until he could feel assured that not one of his patients would develop bumps. I totally trust my face and body to this man's sense of artistry, expertise, and scientific research.

Again, his staff is top notch. I was half-waiting to be handed a lunchbox and a peck on the cheek when leaving, with a wish to have a happy day :).  His assistant, Michelle, called to follow-up the next day. And Felicia, the office manager, seems to be my long lost sister :)) and spoke to me with honesty and real knowledge of the procedures. These people genuinely care, period, and they have the utmost integrity. The entire experience left me feeling good!

I will wait until Dr. Sunder returns from maternity leave to schedule a mini-face lift, and perhaps some treatments with the Fraxel Dual laser for face and chest down the road. But I will never go to any other Drs. for any of these cosmetic procedures. When you have found the best, there is no reason to change. I will follow up with my progress with CoolSculpting and Sculptra.

Best wishes ...

In Beauty, Unity, and Healing ...

Day 10 (12 October): Still absolutely NO PAIN. ...

Day 10 (12 October): Still absolutely NO PAIN. My abdomen does seem flatter, but maybe it's just my ridiculously active imagination. It's definitely not from eating those incredible Hazelnut Chocolate Balls that are in Dr. P's office. I snatch 3 each time ;-).

I am trying to post some pics, so hopefully they will show up soon. Please note that ALL 6 of these pictures were taken on 06 October, which was Day 4 after the procedure. I didn't take pics before the procedure, so these will have to do. I took 2 shots from each angle - the first letting it all hang out (how embarrassing ... only here would I do that :), and the second sucking it in as any dignified person would do for a picture. I took both views - and with the "After" pics I will do the same - so that you and I can compare apples to apples (loose), and oranges to oranges (tight). I think this will give a more accurate picture of the incredible difference we're going to see in a couple of months :).

Thanks to my fave face docs and your rockin' staff, for your continued incredibleness and superb taste in chocolate. Sculptra review coming soon!

Really not sure it makes a difference in the long-run.

My advice would be to save up for lipo-suction. That's what I may get some day, but I don't have any experience with it to date. Best wishes!
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

I met Dr. Sunder at Ruth Swissa ... and later had a consult with her for mini-face/ laser/ etc. When I was ready for the procedures, I called to find out that she had just had a baby and was on maternity leave :). I then researched her colleague/ partner, Dr. Michael Persky. I was hesitant at first, b/c I was totally sold on Dr. Sunder. But after researching Dr. Persky and watching his videos on www.drpersky.com , I could just feel that he had that same warm, caring, kind, authentic and very knowledgable energy and expertise. I am so glad that I got to meet Dr. Persky, and again, totally trust both him and Dr. Sunder and wouldn't think of going to anyone else at this point.

Hi Stardust...it's been a yr since yr procedure. How is it holding up? Thanks for ur v helpful postings.
Hi Mrs. Hellmer, I am really not sure it makes much of a difference, to tell you the truth. I am saving up for Lipo-suction :). Best wishes!
Thanks for your compliment, Sharon :). We are all our own worst critic, right? Let's see how it goes! Will post after pics in a couple of months.

Hey, you got your pics up! Thanks for sharing. I'm jealous of your abs already. ;) Hopefully things will get even better as the procedure runs its course.

Hi Stardust, Thank you for your kind words. My entire staff and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Best, Dr. Persky, Dr. Sunder, and Staff

Adding a comment so I can follow your journey. I'm glad everything is working out well so far! :)