Scared but Hopeful Facelift - Encinitas, CA

My 2nd consultation ( pre-op) is tomorrow , June ,...

my 2nd consultation ( pre-op) is tomorrow , June , 14, I am making a list of all my concerns and questions . I am so glad to have found this site, otherwise I would not k ow all the post-op experiences that seem to effect everyone in some way. It makes me more nervous , but at least I am getting informed. Will keep you all posted.

Pre-op day

The pre op appt went ok , he took ALOT of time with me and my husband , am still worrying but thanks to this site I have a clearer picture on Post -op & complications to be aware of. Thanks for all this. Info

12 days and counting, feeling nervous

All is going fast, 12 days until my PS, I do have a little bit of the jitters but staying positive as possible.

Not long now

It's only 8 days until surgery, getting excited! Got a wedge pillow with arms( it is not high enough for head support) not too sure if that's going to work on the sofa where I plan to live the next couple of weeks. Taking arnica & vitamin C now, hope it's helps!

Almost time

Well tomorrow is the big day! I am glad to get it done and over with. Got my list of to-do almost done except I am looking for one of those gel eye mask that are freezable, had one but of course I can't find it, going to try Bed Bath &Beyond. How have you ladies been icing your self , holding it to your face? I will keep my progress posted.

All done & still living

Well let's see it's been 22 days post op and overall I feel ok. All the statements about bruising and tightness( resulting from swelling) are TRUE!! I am a little worried ,ok ,ALOT worried because my left eye is pulled up too high so my eyelid does not close, lots a of problems because of this . My ps says he will revise this problem in the future to match my other eye and relieve the problem. That sounds good but I can tell you neither eye looks good. I am aware of the fact that I am just a couple weeks out and everything will continue to change. I have so much watery & blurry vision ,it is hard to read or type. Hope things get better, I see my ps on Thursday.
Anyone have this condition

Still alive

I am now 17 days post op. My progress seems to be normal, swollen, black,blue,& pretty hideous. I love my turkey free neck, what I am concerned with are my eyes. Upper & lower bleph really looks crazy, an after several appts with PS , as of yesterday , he confirmed that I am not just overly freaked out that my left eye won't close and the upper lid is much more shorter than the right. This causes blurriness , constant dripping tears and yet I am using RX drops & ointment 24 -7. He is going to repair them tomorrow , YEEH Ha! I just hope he does it right and has some skin left to correct them . My ophthalmologist checked me out and saw no permanent damage , as long as this is fixed ASAP. Got the staples out too, feels much better but of course have many scabs and tender areas, ESP my ears. They hurt all the time, and I realize it will dissipate in a few weeks. BTW, the eye situation is not too
Uncommon I am told, we shall see.

Adding photos

Scared but hopeful, Encinitas, ca

Things have gradually improved, I really love my defined neck, my eyes have gotten better but still don't have complete closure when I sleep, the watering has stopped and they are still very dry. I had my opthomalagist put tear duct plugs in and that helps. He also assured me I did not have any damage to the eyeballs. I am about 4 months post op now, still have forehead numbness and the skin around my eyes is still red and tender but I have just started to wear eye makeup again and they look pretty good. My ps has continued to see me and will do some laser in January to flatten some skin and remove the broken capillaries on my cheeks, they occurred during the bleph. So I am happy to see daily improvement, when everyone including my ps says "give it some time" and that's very true. Patience required.

P
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

So far he is a caring and thoughtful , will comment on him after my pre-op and surgery. Now that it has been almost 4 months post op I can say I really like my ps and he continues to work with me on fixing anything that hasn't resolved on it's own. I recommend him and I'm pleased with the results. He is very kind and thorough .