Chin Lipo Encinitas, CA

I am scheduled for wide awake local anesthetic...

I am scheduled for wide awake local anesthetic chin lipo tomorrow and I am nervous and having second thoughts reading horror stories about sagging skin and lumpy bumps. I am having it done by a board certified plastic surgeon whom I trust and whom I have seen his work on onther patients and it has all been good. But, what I have now isn't ideal but it's not terrible...I would hate to have it turn into something worse though...
Just go for it. Anything skin wise can be fixed. You will always wonder if you don't get it done.

I had my chin lipo 11/27/2013

What an experience, I was surprised how you don't really feel anything except a few initial pokes while they inject the lidocaine. Even then you can hardly feel those, everything numbs up so quick. The incision you don't feel at all, it isn't until the cannula is inserted that you feel anything. It's like the pressure of something forcing its way into a small space but it doesn't hurt at all. Apparently the fat has to be jabbed away from the skin so it can be sucked out lol. The good thing is you know it's happening but you can't feel any pain and the doctor and his assistant keep you very informed of what is happening the whole time. You lay on a neck roll to keep you in the right position so you can relax. At some point the push to break through fat is so forceful I wondered what if it stabs right into my trachea Ha Ha. In all seriousness though the doctor always pinches below where he is going so his fingers stop the cannula from ever drifting into the wrong area. The suction machine was quiet, nothing as scary as I had imagined, honestly it was over before I knew it. Wide awake, no pain meds, no Xanax, nothing but lidocaine and that was really all I needed, this was a very manageable procedure. They put a strip of tape over the small incision line and a pad and then wrapped me with a head ace bandage chin strap contraption.

This part is annoying, you want to look at your results, it's kind of itchy and when the numbing medicine wears off there is a dull ache but nothing that can't be managed. This is not my cutest Thanksgiving, we spent it with just my husband, my brother and my son as I was in no way going out with this chin strap on! It didn't interfere from me eating the tasty food in moderation and two Motrin easily takes care of the dull ache when it returns, day 1 post op down. So far so good, I only readjusted the strap once and took a quick peek, swollen yes a little with a few small pin point bruises but certainly better than before already.

The importance of the compression garment was stressed, I am only 31 and not trying to have loose skin so I am wearing it faithfully and will post pre and post pics after the 3rd day. I am told to wear the strap almost 24/7 for the first five days and then after work and at night for the next ten days.
keep us updated…..im interested in the procedure and your results!

Slow and steady wins the race?

So I wore my chin strap 24/7 for 5 days. Then I had to go back to work so I was transitioning to only wearing it at night. The first day back to work was ok but swelling started and kicked in by the end of the day. In the car on my way home I put my chin strap back on and kept it on overnight. However, as soon as I took it off in the morning swelling kicked back in. Worse than ever and yes I am taking motrin. My Plastic Surgeon said motrin every six hours and chin strap as much as possible. UGH....it is depressing to go from the before pic to slightly improved and to now looking even worse! But, I am told in time this swelling will resolve and my new improved chin line will magically appear. I really hope so....I am at day 9 so I guess it is still early...

Finally improving

OK...so the healing is very slow and go but I think it is finally starting to look better? I am told the swelling is normal at this point and to keep wearing the chin strap at night for now. The horrible chin strap! lol
How does it look now? I had neck/chin lipo on Dec. 3rd. I am still waiting for results, I do see a little bit results for sure but I have lumps under my jaw and you can see it and feel it, I am trying to massage it all out. I still feel stiff too. I am curious how you are doing being it's been a month for you. Let us know :) TIA
Me too!

1 month after Chin Lipo

OK...so finally starting to see results I am pleased with but still feel I have a little ways to go. A tiny bit of lumpiness if I really try to look hard to see some. Still some mild swelling but much better than before so I would say things are on the right track and healing. I don't regret it at all, the only thing I regret is that I did not have a more realistic idea of how long the healing process would be which is my own fault...I was told, I just thought because I am me I would recover faster lol.
I just got my own chin/neck lipo done with Dr. Gupta and am so happy with the results so far! I am only on day 4 of recovery, but it looks a lot better already. I started taking Arnica Montana pills a month before the surgery and have had almost no bruising and very little swelling, but definitely loose skin under my chin but feel the muscles too, so I think it's just sore and swollen. Will post pics and thanks for yours!
Just make sure you wear your chin strap faithfully no matter how annoying it may be if he told u too. It is absolutely essential in my opinion after my experience
Oh, I am! I took it off a few times to change the bandages and for a shower, but am wearing it always. I bought my own because his office was in the process of moving and they didn't have one for me after the surgery. :( But they said they'd send one to my house. I had the surgery on Monday and it's Saturday night and it's still not here. Glad I had the one I bought fed ex'd overnight. The Doc and staff were great, but a little worried they didn't have a compression thing for my chin and it still hasn't been delivered.
San Diego General Surgeon

A really great physician with a kind demeanor and caring personality. He has a great bedside manner and a touch of humor to make you feel comfortable, it became very obvious early on that I was in confident and capable hands. I would highly recommend him.