After IPL and ALA my Skin is Radiant!

When I first had the procedure, I was not quite...

When I first had the procedure, I was not quite sure what to expect for recovery over the next few days. The doctor I went to did a phenominal job. First the ALA cream was applied and allowed to incubate for 1 hour. After that, a numbing cream was rubbed on my face which sat for 1/2 hour. The doctor then started the procedure. While the procedure was being done, the doctor applied utlrasound lotion to my skin before he applied any IPL light. I never felt heat or any pain. I would say the procedure was PAINLESS! I left the office slathered in sunscreen wearing a wide brim hat and stayed out of the sun completly for two days. My skin was quite red.

Over the next week my skin turned very red and resembled a dry creek bed. I will be honest and say I was very worried that I might look like a dry creek bed the rest of my life. I thought I had been burned by the IPL light.It appears I had a severe reaction to the ALA used in the procedure, but the doctor's office reassured me that all would turn out well. I had a tremendous amount of sun dammage and pre-cancers on my face.

My skin peeled excessively for about 18 days. When the peeling was done my new skin was reveled and I could not be happier. I constantly get comments on how clear my skin looks. All the pre-cancers are gone and so are the brown spots from sun damage. This is just from one treatment!

I am planning to have the sun dammage on my chest treated next. i wear sunscreen everyday now and wear a hat when I am outside in the sun for any amount of time. I want to keep my new skin looking beautiful.

The doctor I went is a dermatologist/plastic surgeon. He is a perfectionist and I feel at ease in his office. I have had numerous MOHS surgeries done by him and his work is superb. I have recommended him to many friends and family members and they are all thrilled with his work. His office staff and nurses are top notch also.