Rhinoplasty - Antwerp (Belgium) dr oelbrandt

Finally booked my Rhinoplastry 10yrs of wanting...

Finally booked my Rhinoplastry 10yrs of wanting it! I have a hump on the bridge of my nose and i also think it looks long ive hated my nose every since i can remember and it didnt help when i was 16 and a boy said my nose makes me look like a rat!

i always try to hide my side profile and it holds me back a lot i always feel ugly even thou people say theres nothing wrong with it. As you only live once ive decided to take the plunge and have the hump taken away and my nose just shortened a tad (Do not want it to turn upwards)

I bet you can't wait! Who you having your surgery with? X
I'm in the US and seeing Dr. Boahene from Johns Hopkins!
So excited for you! My surgery is Feb 10th! Super excited! Good luck to you!

I have decided to cancel my appointment with...

I have decided to cancel my appointment with Elyzea as they only hace one surgeon Dr Van Canneyt and i cannot find any feed back about his work apart from a couple of bad stories.

I have booked a consultation with Dr B Oelbrandt also based in brussels and i have hered non stop good feedback about him!!! he comes to london every 3 weks to do the consultation and after op care think that says a ot about him! So hopefully once i have my consultation on 5th Feb then i can try to grt thr procedure booked for the end off march!

So excited now especially after reading how brillaint this surgeon is and how caring he is!
Hi Jacqeo,
Im having my surgery done in brussels by Dr Oelbrandt on March 29th, Cant wait :) x
Hey,

Really interested in your story as I am a student based in Europe and you seem to have got a really good price! Just wondering are you getting the surgery in London or Brussels?
Best of luck with it! I look forward to seeing your results! :)
Ahh thankyou missladyface :)

10/02/2012 I had my consultation with Dr...

10/02/2012
I had my consultation with Dr Oelbrandt on sunday, he was brilliant he made me feel very comtable and answered all of my questions, we seemed to be on the same level for what i wanted done to my nose. so i am all booked for 29th of March at 8am ive booked my euro star and hotel, im so excited!!!
Ive also seen lots & lots of positive reviews, the only negatives i found were about the hotel they advise you to stay at. Could i ask if during the consultation he was able to show you before and after pictures of his patients, i can't find any on the singelberg website.
Yes he left me with his lap top to look through the before and after pics they look really good and natural, he also had loads if time for me I didn't feel rushed x
Hi m27,

I researched loads on Dr Oelbrandt and every think is very positive!! He works at the singelberg clinic in antwerp, i cancelled my surgery with elyzea as they only have one surgeon there that does every thing plus he was very faque when answering my questions. Dr Oelbrandt used to work at elyzea but he opened his own surgery (singelberg clinic)when i had my consultation with him he made me feel at ease and that we were on the same level with what i was expecting to be done to my nose :)

5 weeks today!!!! :)

5 weeks today!!!! :)
Good luck with your consultation, ill def keep updating :)
your welcome. Ive got my consultation with Dr.O on the 18th March, excited! keep us all updated Louise.
Thanks Janey1 I really appreciate it, I'll put these down on my list :)

Can anyone tell me the best thing to get to help...

Can anyone tell me the best thing to get to help stop nausea after surgery?
Thanks :) Whens your surgery? Where are you having it?
Hey Louisejef! I actually had my surgery March 9th in Chicago. So far so good :)
You're really pretty and I bet you will look perfect afterwards! My surgery is coming up here soon too eeehhh :D Good luck and I can't wait to see your results!

I went and brought some arnica cooling gel today,...

I went and brought some arnica cooling gel today, Could someone tell me when i should start using arnica i brough the cooling gel, do i use it after surgery or before? :/

2 week and four days till surgery!!!!
Well see how mine turns out and if you like the result it might help you with your decision :)
I'm considering Rhinoplasty for the same reasons as your are, i think ive come to the stage that its been a problem for so long that i just want to get it out the way, Well Dr Noorman, if im being honest i was impressed by more, but he quoted me more and though he wwas 30 years experience i can only find 1 review on him, so it is likely that i will go for Dr. O. Wow, that is nice of him, i can remember he was a very quirky character (in a nice way)
Hi suzieq1, I know only 9 days!! I'm excited but very nervous! He said he will infracture my nose so tI be honest I'm not sure. Think I would rather not know lol. Do you think you will book with either of them?? Dr oelbrandt said he will do some imaging when I get there so I can c what the result should look like! Also as I'm the first one that day he said he will pick me and my partner up from the train station at beveren on his way in which I thought was really nice of him x

Leaving for antwerp tomorrow ready for surgery at...

Leaving for antwerp tomorrow ready for surgery at 8am Thurday morning, i have mixed emotions!!! Im scared of actually being put to sleep for the surgery and what ill feel like after ;/ and also theres always that feeling of what if it looks horrible after!!! But on the other hand im very excited to have it done and it to turn out lovely and be the best thing ive ever done!!!
ahhh!!! I bet your excitedddd!!! Can't wait! I hope surgery goes well!
Thinking of you :) Wish you all the best!
You have gorgeous eyes. And I think your nose suits you, Not that I'm trying to stop you from getting it done. Good luck.

Just got home after my surgery yesterday morning. ...

Just got home after my surgery yesterday morning. Surgery went well all the staff at the singleberg clinic were lovely and put me at ease.

I woke up and after a couple of hours sleep felt fine and got the train back to the hotel, My face started to swell quite quickly exspecially my top lip and i didnt have hardley any sleep due to breathing out of my mouth and it become quite sore.

My packing come out this morning so i felt much better but my face is quite swollen still (as you will see from the pics) ill update in a couple of days.

PLEASE NOTE DR OELBRANDT WAS MY SURGEON NOT DR VAN...

PLEASE NOTE DR OELBRANDT WAS MY SURGEON NOT DR VAN CANNEYT FOR SOME REASON I CAN NOT AMEND THIS ON HERE. IM ALSO HAVING TROUBLE UPLOADING PICTURES I PRESS THE UPLOAD IMAGE BUT NOTHING HAPPENS IVE RESTARTED MY PC BUT IS STILL NOT WORKING :( X
Hi Star72, I feel right as rain today and its only the secound day, mind you my face is really swollen!! In the end i had the top bone broken into place, my nose lifted a tad and brought in a little, it took two hours in the end the first night is the worse as all the swellen comes out and its uncomtable. I really want to upload some pictures but im having trouble uploading them, ill keep trying x
I can't wait to see your results :) I am getting very excited for my surgery. Hearing your experience helps calm my nerves. Thank you :)
Congratulations it's done!!!! Yay!!! From your post it seems everything went great! Your packing is out and you're on the mend :) How are you feeling? Did your bones get broken? Any pain?

Day 3 Slept great last night and the night before...

Day 3 Slept great last night and the night before and the swelling has gone down loads, i feel really well in myself i went for a long walk yesterday and im eating normal.

My cast comes off thursday so cant wait to see what my nose looks like, really hope it looks good
Hi NaturalMe, No my tip wasnt red it is a bit swollen but i didnt really have much done to the tip i just had it lifted a little bit. I didnt mind people looking because i probably would but its when people just stare for ages is embarrassing!!! I bet your nose will look perfect after the swellen will start to go down. I had my cast off last night and the front of my nose looks really wide and swollen (i hope it is swellen and it goes down!!!! Will try to upload pics later xx
Hey Louise don't worry about the wide-ness of your nose. Mine looked so wide and weird too but it slowly but surely will go down and look better!
How are you Louise? I'm currently on day 3 and my tip is swollen and red :( was yours the same? Im dying to see some results here but all I can see its just a big potato in the middle of my face! So you took the Eurostar? I know exactly what you are talking about.. I lived in Italy all my life , I bet that was quite an experience with all those people staring at you! Keep me posted and happy healing!

Day 8 and i have woke up and my swellen has gone...

Day 8 and i have woke up and my swellen has gone down even more!! my nose is looking better every day!! im so so happy i feel like a diffrent women already :) ill post pics next week so you can see the change
Hi M27, I got to antwerp the day before surgery and went home the day after surgery, the twilight sedation well and truly knocked me out i was out for two hours and never woke up. The clinic is small it has two floors but it is very modern and clean x
also how many days did you stay in Belgium? i presume it was the 2nd day of your stay when you had the surgery?
Hi Louise, happy to see your doing well and thanks a million for keeping us all updated, could i ask how the twillight sedation was? a lot of people have said they wake up for a few seconds during the operation but are just too sleepy to care. Also ive heard the clinic is a lot smaller than it seems in the picture, doesn't really matter, but would you say its equipt?
thanks

Day 11 and my nose is still a bit numb at the tip...

Day 11 and my nose is still a bit numb at the tip and tender at the top but other then that all is good :) Im so happy with my nose i think it looks very natural and i still look like me so its better then i thought it could be...SO HAPPY :)
Congratulations! You must be delighted with the results, I can only imagine what it must feel like. You look fantastic, I'm really happy for you! I hope I get mine done some day. Thanks for sharing and allowing us to follow your story, I really appreciate it. Take care! :) x
Wow Louise, the swelling is going down fast, first thing every day you must be waking up and looking at your nose in the mirror with a smile.
I took mine off a day early as well as I was so eager, it's nice waking up the next day and seeing your new nose!!! Xx

Day 15 - Hi all, i dont know weather im being...

Day 15 - Hi all, i dont know weather im being paroniod but i can see a small lump appearing on my bridge where it has been shaved, Has anyone else experienced this? Im so worried as my nose was nice and straight and im scared it will have a lump again :(
Hi all thanks for your advise. I've been researching on the net and apparently when the bone is healing it can cause bone callous which is the tissue healing and can form a lump so hopefully it that!!! I don't think anyone else will notice it I just notice it as I'm always annalising it xx
Hi there,

My doc told me that if this would happen to my nose (bones pushing out) in the first 2-5 weeks, I'd need to push them back in, 3 times a day, hold it for 10 seconds. Should feel a bit uncomfortable, but not too much. HOWEVER I'm sure this depends on what your doctor exactly did and I would NOT (repeat NOT) suggest doing this without consulting your doctor first !!
Forgot to mention, my doc said that in the first few weeks the result is still very moldable by applying pressure. But again, consult with your doctor first, you certainly don't want to destroy your nose !!

Day 19 - First day back at work today most people...

Day 19 - First day back at work today most people that knew i was having done said they couldnt really see the diffrence which was a bit dissapointing as i hope it still doesnt look big!!!
Cool I think I'm over annalising it!! And my family say they can't see the bump lets see what happens over the next few months :) x
Looks good already. People may not see much of a difference because it is a subtle change. Mine was too and nobody has commented on it! Maybe they are just keeping quiet?
I didn't realise you were going to Antwerp at first. Was travelling ok? I think you've been blessed with having that surgeon sounds like everything turned out perfectly. As for Elyzea as I said I enquired about revision surgery. But Sue took 5 weeks to reply to me that I need to go to London for Dr Van Canneyt to review my case. I'm in the North East so that's good news, not...

I'm beginning to change my initial attitude about Elyzea now. Obviously revision and service is not high on their list of priorities.
hi I had a rhinoplasty on april third and people have been saying the same thing to me that looks like I didn't have anything done I started to freak out and talk to my doctor and he told me it was just swelling I too had a large bump removed from my profile and my dr said this was just swelling and if my profile looked perfect 2 weeks out i would look over scooped in a year and this did happen to one of my friends...hopefully we both will be ok in time

Day - 25 The bump on the bridge is slowly going...

Day - 25 The bump on the bridge is slowly going down must of been callous, im still very happy with my new nose feel so much more confident!! the tip ofmy nose is numb and sensitive, i will post photos next week so you can see the results 1 month post op :)
Hay Star, i didnt notice the change from day 11 to now until i saw the pics! thats gone quick for your one month already next week!! Im still not keen on the front view i feel the tip looks a bit big so hoping it goes down more! xx
Looking great! I like to review before and current pictures to see the healing and progression of changes. Thank you so much for posting...I will be at one month this coming Thursday :) Are you feeling more comfortable with your front view? I am still a bit on the fence with mine...xoxo
hey hun! looking good! you mean post op though right? pre op means before surgery!

Its been 2 months since my surgery, the tip of my...

Its been 2 months since my surgery, the tip of my nose is still a little bit nump and has a weird sensation in it if i touch it, I love my side profile now but think the tip at the front still looks a bit big dont think it will go down anymore as i think all the swelling has gone now.
I definitely think it could still be swollen but you have a great result either way! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks star, I just think from the front the sides of my tip looks a bit big, how's yours healing? X
Wow you are looking just wonderful! I can see subtle changes from 1 month pics to the 2 month pics...very nice. I don't think your tip looks big at all! I can totally relate to the strange numbness in the tip...to me that means there's still swelling and healing going on...I will look forward to your 3 month pics and see any more changes :))

I am now nearly 4 month post op, feels like i had...

I am now nearly 4 month post op, feels like i had surgery ages ago!! my nose is back to normal really there is a very small sensation when i rub the tip but thats about it really, im very happy with my nose and the way it has turnt out and wish i had done it sooner, i feel so much more confident in my self. I have posted some recent pics its good to copare them to the previous pics!!
Wow girlie! Looking amazing! It is so cool to see your progression/healing. Great results xo

Thought i would give an update as i am coming up...

Thought i would give an update as i am coming up to my 7 months after my surgery. Well i still love the outcome of my nose it looks really natural and most people havent noticed which is a really good thing as it must look natural which i wanted as i still wanted to look like me! its only when i show close friends the before pictures that they notice how diffrent it is, i havent really got much more to say as im busy enjoying my life feeling more confident with my nose, its the best thing i ever did!! I still really recommend Dr Oelbrandt as he did exactly what i wanted and is always there to answer any questions i have. I have uploaded some recent pics!
Hi! How are you? Are you still happy wiht a result? I have booked an opointment with dr. Oelbrand, so yours comments will help me very much!!
Hi sorry only just seen this.message. I'm good thanks.you? I've just uploaded some.up.to.date photos 2yrs on! I'm still.so.happy and Dr.oelbrand his staff and clinic was very friendly clean and professional really recommend him! Hope.to.see.an.update when.u have had urs! Best thing I.ever did x
Hi, your nose looking really nice! Was it open or closed rhinoplasty? Thank you

2 year up date!

Hi all.thought I would give an update. It's been 2 yrs since my surgery I can not belive how quick.it has been. I am so.happy with my.nose still and I.am.so glad I did.it. Just thought I.would.post some up.to date photos.:)

photos update April.2014

How did you pay your surgeon? I'm going to have my surgery in two weeks

2yrs photos

more updated pics :) September 14

M
Beautiful Transformation :)
U look very good!! Love it
Wow I was looking at your before and afters photos wow! Huge change. The doctor did a fabulous job! You look very happy :)
Dr Oelbrandt

The singleberg was very clean and stylish i had my own room which was lovely, Dr Oelbrandt answered all of my questions and him and his staff made me feel very welcome, he answers all off my questions by email or text and i couldnt praise him enough!