My First BBL Consult - Ellicott City, MD

I drove from North Carolina to Maryland (5 hours)...

I drove from North Carolina to Maryland (5 hours) for my first consultation for BBL with Dr. Markmann. I've looked for doctors in my area who perform this procedure, but haven't found any. After researching, I know I will need someone to assist/care for me and my two best friends live in Maryland and DC. My consultation was seamless!

Why So Pricey - I've Been Asked

I've been asked why is Dr. M so pricey, but I'm not sure what the comparison is. So I thought I would share the details of my quote and maybe this will help enlighten some on what's involved...7.5 hours general anesthesia, overnight hospital stay (hospital not surgical center - this is not done on an outpatient basis like alot of places), lipo three areas (flanks, dorsal roll, outer thighs)...any procedure done in a hospital, there are hospital fees.

Hope this helps!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

I met with Dr. Markmann last September and he answered all of my questions and gave me a great deal of very detailed information and his opinion on areas that I hadn't thought of. I was very comfortable talking with him and letting him know my concerns. He seems to truly care about his patients and not just the "mighty dollar". He and his staff are fabulous!

The average cost for a Brazilian Butt Lift is about $7K for an all inclusive surgery: http://www.realself.com/brazilian-butt-lift/cost?sort=most_recent#reviews So whats the extra $10K for??? I live in Bmore, so it would be nice to go to someone close, but I'd rather spend a couple extra thousand dollars in travel expenses and get superb results than stay in Maryland and pay an extra $10K for average-at-best results.
The BBL (inserting the fat) itself is $8000, it's done in a hospital with the hospital's team doing the anesthesia, ...etc. and includes an overnight stay which comes to $4500 or more depending on the length of the procedure. The rest of the price depends on how many lipoed areas there are. Some people get pretty much their whole body lipoed. It also covers follow up appts and 3 garments. All my numbers are approximate...I don't have my sheet with me but that's pretty much the ballpark.
I didn't realize she posted her quote sheet above.
See the photo of the quote I received and shared to get a breakdown of cost. Travel expenses are a part of the cost and in the event you need to follow up with your doctor you would have to pay that couple of thousand to travel again or to another doctor "close-by" for your follow up needs (all sx are not always seamless post-op).Cheaper isn't always better or safer, however, options were meant to be exercised.
On the one hand, I wouldn't mind traveling to see another equally qualified doctor to get better results at half the cost, even if that means seeing someone else for follow up care at home. But, I also see what you mean as far as having a seamless post-op. Makes sense to deal with the same facility throughout the entire process if you can afford it.
Your procedure seems pricey? Why the high cost?
Pricey as compared to what?
I think Dr Markmann does a great job he's really the only one who does such great work around these areas so I'm assuming it's why he's so pricey. My 1st consult was this Dr Markmann bc in the area but id rather pay half the price with a doctor who has tons on reviews and good results on realself :)
Yes, he does do great work and RS does him no justice. If you see other photos in the office (everyone doesnt want to be publicly displayed) you will see more. PS pricing is kind of like the cost of housing...if you live in a "high rent" district, you pay high rent/mortgage and often have better amenities than in other areas. In or near any major city (DC, MD, VA, LA, NY, ATL, etc.) costs are higher. Everything has its pros, cons & value.
Okay. I see. Yeah, that all makes sense.
Hi! Good luck with your research and with choosing your Dr. I'm a future Markmann Mami...I'm scheduled on November 8th (and getting more nervous everyday! lol).
November 8th is RIGHT around the corner (day after my birthday). I bet you are getting nervous, but in a very good way! I will be following your journey, please keep us (especially me...LOL!) posted! Best Wishes!
Hi luv! Welcome to the sisterhood...Check your pm..
Hey Lady! Thank you so much and I'll check right now! ;-)
Dr. Markmann is an excellent Doctor--some ladies feel he gives more of a conservative result (derriere), but he has been doing the proceedure for a while now. If you have a support system in the NYC area, also consider Dr. Matthew Schulman--standard BBL is 9500--if abdominal work is needed, then it can go up as high as 11-12K. Recent RS members who had the BBL with Dr. S--Increaseme, Highhopes1, and myself. Several other RS ladies as well.
Thank you so much for the info! I do want "big results" and will keep doing my research. I don't have a support system in NYC and I'm factoring my support system (free vs. extra cost to hire outside help), travel cost, frequency for follow-ups, etc.,into my budget. You ladies (Increaseme, Highhopes1 and you Ms. Girl have "Booty4Real" (LOL!), you all look great!
Welcome and congratulations to u! Drjcurves!!!Atl....
Thank you!