Got a New Body, Love It! - Ellicott City, MD

I had my BBL surgery almost 3 month ago (the end...

I had my BBL surgery almost 3 month ago (the end of february 2011) and I'm lovin it now)) I got my whole stomach, upper and lower back, inner and outer tights + arms done. It costed me around 17K. A lot I know=) From the beginning I didn't consider BBL, just lipo I thought would be enough for me. Because it is an extra money plus condition not being able to sit for 4 weeks was kinda bothering me. And also I already had JLo type of body. So.. But then after visiting couple doctors including Dr M in MD area (I live in Baltimore) I found out that BBL with all areas that I wanted to get lipo on would be just 5K more expensive then liposuction alone with no butt enhancement (compare with some other states in Maryland plastic surgery is pretty expensive). I decided to go with BBL and Dr M (he seemed like the only one professional "butt enhancer" in my area - I didn't want to travel to different state tho).

So I was pretty lucky to get my surgery day in 3 weeks after my 1st consultation. I was nervous because I've never had surgery before... and terrified because of general anesthesia (but Dr M told me that he'd never experienced patient's death because of allergy on anesthesia :) ).

The surgery went well, and I was't that sick after anesthesia as I thought I would be. I liked the stuff in NW Hospital, I experienced good treatment after procedure (I stood for one day in a room). Want to say a few words about the pain level. It was not THAT bad because of antibiotics but every move gave me a lot of pain. Especially in my butt. It was sore and felt like they put rocks instead of fat inside of it. I felt weak I couldn't even move my body:( Well I think all this symptoms are common for those who experienced BBL.

The first week was the worst week ever. I had soreness all over my body, I was waking up 3 times during the night and had to walk because it wasn't possible to lay down on a stomach for a long period of time - the skin was burning. So I used iced packs on my butt and belly. And drainage capacity was making me crazy... The second week was ok but I still couldn't lay down on my stomach for a long period cause of the heat, on the third week I experienced itchiness. The whole body was itching and I scratched myself like crazy. Idk was it the part of healing or because of the garment. 4th week went pretty cool and after this one I started sitting down. At the beginning it was uncomfortable and sometimes painfully. I started laying down on my back after 6 weeks post op. I still had some soreness in my tights and back area and my stomach was kinda numb. But everything looked great! Butt looked round and hard. And btw I was getting my free check ups every week.

Now I'm 8 weeks post op. Nothing is sore. Completely healthy looking and feeling person :) Liposucted areas look fine and nobody can tell that I had something done. Butt is round, I can't say that BBL made it bigger - as Dr M said, BBL is more for those who looking for round shape of buttocks and it helps fulfill the hips. I'm satisfied with my new body: a tiny waist and a full bottom. I can't wait when I ll be able to go to gym to make my result even more perfect. I just wish I could make this surgery done way before - so I wouldn't struggling from all diets.

Now I'm waiting for my 3 month post op appointment and I guess I can ask Dr M for a before and after pictures. Dr M had done an amazing job! Thanks.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photo Update

you look great and thanks for providing pictures-how are you doing now?
Did you have any drains put in after the surgery ? If so for how long
Hello. Wow you look amazing. Dr. M did a fantastic job! I am also looking to get this done but waiting until I can save enough money. I noticed that you said you still have "dark red marks from drainage tubes in [your] crotch"...is this where the drainage tubes were? And if so did it hurt?
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Dr M is very professional. I am absolutely satisfied with my result.